Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Elano interview
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:18 pm 

Q&A with Elano

Why do you think your form hasn't been quite so good since November? Anon

I think my season has been quite productive but I suffered a bit after the beginning of the winter. It was cold and rainy and I found it hard to perform the way I had been.

I've also played with some minor injuries. The physical side is much more important in England than other countries and I ended up feeling it.

With Ronaldinho off form do you fancy your chances of becoming a regular for Brazil? James, Birmingham

Ronaldinho will always be Ronaldinho. He is a fantastic player and a big friend of mine, so I am not happy to see what is happening with him.

I will keep working hard and being in the Brazilian national team or not is something that will be up to the coach Dunga.

Elano, what a great season you have had with City. What made you choose to come here and how far do you think we can get next season? Jimmy, Manchester

I was very happy when I was asked to play for City and I didn't think twice.

I don't regret my choice. We haven't achieved some objectives during the season but I think we can improve next year and fight for a Uefa or even Champions League spot.

Which Ronaldo is better, Milan's or Manchester United's? John,Croydon

Milan's. It is clear that Cristiano Ronaldo is performing very well, but I think Milan's Ronaldo was great.

What was your first season like in the English Premier League? Jamie,Blackburn

As I said, I think it's been a productive year for me.

I've scored goals and got to know the Manchester City and English football style.

It was a good first season and I am sure I will improve here.

Which English player do you most admire? Matt, Manchester

Steven Gerrard is the most complete English player at the moment but I like David Beckham as well, for his elegance on the pitch and the way he hits the ball.

I was brought up in the age of wingers, when the game was more open and exciting, do you think that style would suit your game? Don, St Ives

I have played as a winger here and I've played as a right-back too.

I prefer to play in the middle because that's where you have more contact with the ball and you are more involved. Sometimes it's necessary to play with wingers but not all teams need them.

What was it like playing and living in the Ukraine? Anon

The easiest part was playing my football. The problems I had there were more personal.

Living there was too difficult for me and my family as we didn't have many leisure options or friends.

What do the players think about Sven leaving? As a season ticket holder I am not happy. Danny, Manchester

There are lots of rumours and obviously the players are aware of that, so we talk about it.

I have really enjoyed working with Sven-Goran Eriksson and his staff but I don't want to get involved. It is the club's decision.

What player would you most like to see at City? Scott, Coventry

That's a difficult one. There are so many fantastic players around.

Well, I'd like to play alongside more Brazilian players here; maybe Kaka could come and join us? It would be a dream to play with him.

Can you pick out an aspect of your game that makes you special or different to other midfielders? Anon

I don't know if this aspect makes me special, but I like to move a lot and play at a higher speed.

These characteristics have been helping me here in England as the tempo is higher. I like to pass long balls and change the speed and direction of the game quickly.

What adaptations do you think you need to make to your game to do even better in English football next season? Anon

I need to prepare for December and January better than I did. There are more games here than in other leagues and it is when lots of tournaments are decided.

I will try to be ready for the wet season and better physically so I can play a better season.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:23 pm 

you'd have thought that playing in the Ukraine would have prepared him for crappy weather

sounds like he's settled though

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:40 pm 

Get Kaka in. I like his thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:56 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
you'd have thought that playing in the Ukraine would have prepared him for crappy weather

sounds like he's settled though

Think they have quite a long winter break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:07 pm 

Nice interview, that. As with other articles I've seen on Elano, it seems like he just wants to get on with playing. Obviously an interview might not be relective of what someone feels in real life, but there's no obvious sign of prima donna behaviour or whingeing to the media about this that and the other.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:21 pm 

I think he'll be back to his best start of the season, plus with castillo, caicedo and bojinov hopefully fit and settled in and our signings I can't wait for the season to start, wish we had a euro 2008 to look forward too, fucking mcclown I think I hate him more than ronaldo no I never said that I take it back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:46 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
Nice interview, that. As with other articles I've seen on Elano, it seems like he just wants to get on with playing. Obviously an interview might not be relective of what someone feels in real life, but there's no obvious sign of prima donna behaviour or whingeing to the media about this that and the other.

I read a few articles early on in the season saying he was from a pretty average background, sacrificing his money to play football. He doens't look like the type to be turned into a sulk too easily imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:33 am 

elano has no friends. what a loser :p

Seriously though he is a little champ. Brings a sense of quality to the team.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:21 am 

I love him even more now.
I hope his start of 2008/09 season is as good as last it was amazing watching him play. I kept saying "Jesus, this is City, what have we done to deserve this genius?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:43 am 

Some of the long balls he played to Petrov from right back at the end of the season were a joy to behold, he has such a good range of passing. We might just have to accept that he won't be able to play to his impeccable best every match, but even his average is more than a lot of players can achieve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:14 pm 

He is such a quality player, I'm waiting for next season to see the magic in his free kicks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:32 pm 

Honest, family man, keen to succeed, ambitious, doesn't whinge...is he really a footballer? Like him the more I hear from him, he really interviews well. Cant wait to see more of him 08/09.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:22 pm 

If dunney leaves, we have a new messiah in the waiting

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"