Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Micah Richards Column
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:31 am 

Micah Richards column

I don't know where to start after the last couple of weeks at Manchester City.

Nothing has been confirmed yet about whether Sven-Goran Eriksson is staying or going and he and the squad are out in Thailand now.

All I, and the rest of the squad, can do is just wait and see what happens.

We all love him, and would love him to stay but it is out of our hands. We don't know what is going on and it is quite hard to comment because I don't really know.

I have not gone to Thailand because of my knee injury, and some of the international players have stayed behind too.

I have had a couple of text messages from players who are out there - Kelvin Etuhu and Valeri Bojinov have both been in touch to say they are having a good time and that I have missed out.

I think they are just trying to rub it in but I would prefer to be here getting my injury right - I have been going into Carrington even though I don't have to because I want to do all I can to get it right before I stop for the summer.

606: DEBATE
Your chance to quiz Micah

To lose 8-1 against Middlesbrough on Sunday was a disappointing end to the season for all of us.

I was sat on the bench at the Riverside and could not believe it.

I was almost crying, I felt so bad. City are my team and something like that hurts me.

You might think a loss is a loss and sometimes you have to accept defeats but that was something else. It was one of the biggest ever defeats in the Premier League.

Obviously when our skipper Richard Dunne was sent off it showed how important he is to the side.

With 10 men you are not going to run the game but you can at least try to get behind the ball and work.

Eriksson, the club's owner Thaksin Shinawatra and the rest of the City squad are in Thailand

From the side, I was just devastated. Some players did not want to be there.

There is no point, every time the media ask you a question saying you want to do it for the manager. You have got to show it on the pitch - that is the best way of talking.

And no disrespect to Boro, but they are not a top four or even six team so to get beaten like that was a disgrace.

I still don't know whether we have missed out on qualifying for Europe through the Fair Play league because of Dunnie's red card at the weekend.

But if we have made it, then it is something to look forward to.

We played some good football in the first half of the season and I think for our early efforts we deserve to be in there.

Next season qualifying for Europe is a must for us though so we have to do the business in the league.

It has been so frustrating being injured and having to watch the run-in because, especially when we lose, I feel like I could have made a difference.

At least we can say we beat the champions twice, though.

I thought Manchester United and Chelsea were equal in so many ways but when you have the best player in the world in your side - Cristiano Ronaldo - that gives you the edge.

The Champions League final, as a one-off game, is hard to call.

They are both such good sides they could cancel each other out and it might be quite a boring game. I can see it being won by a set-piece.

As for the FA Cup final? I know a few of the players at Cardiff like Trevor Sinclair and Robbie Fowler and they have got a lot of quality.

But I think Portsmouth will just be too strong. Their defence this season has been solid and they have got enough good players going forward to cause Cardiff problems.

Interesting comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 am 

From what I've heard today - he's one of 'em

Aguero