Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:29 am 
Holy shit, have I become Paddy in absentia. This is worrying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:34 am 

Emigre wrote:
Because I am a smart arse of course.

I was taking the piss out of the papers. Are you taking that personally because it was in no way aimed at you?

No not at all. The papers get on my tits aswell, i just think that sky sports are usually a little more on the ball than the sun or any of the other tossers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:37 am 
Scotty wrote:
No not at all. The papers get on my tits aswell, i just think that sky sports are usually a little more on the ball than the sun or any of the other tossers.

Usually I'd agree, but SSN has been wrong about the Corluka deal and still insist they are right. At the end of the day they have a tabloid mentality so it's just as well to assume that they, like the Sun, make a lot of their stories up for sensationalism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 am 

Scotty wrote:

Sky Sports News fill most of their airtime repeating the bollox written in the papers.

Baggies, Baggies, Boing, Boing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:48 am 

Emigre wrote:
Holy shit, have I become Paddy in absentia. This is worrying.

*makesnotetoaskbluemoonaboutwhistlingsmileyagain*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 am 

Cloudyshin O'Watra wrote:
*makesnotetoaskbluemoonaboutwhistlingsmileyagain*

Please do, Im lost without it :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:52 am 
Barna Azul wrote:
Please do, Im lost without it :rolleyes:

As we all are. There should be some sort of campaign. Perhaps a petition of sorts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:09 am 

[attach]131[/attach]

Attachments:
Whistling.gif
Whistling.gif [ 322 Bytes | Viewed 3781 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:13 am 
Nostalgia eh? It ain't what it used to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:30 am 

The sun and sky are the same murdochmedia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:19 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
The sun and sky are the same murdochmedia

Yes. News Corporation. Also owners of The News of the World, The Times and The Sunday Times. In short, he controls our minds.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:33 pm 

"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive.
He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June).

Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control.
The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow.

Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he will have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will.
I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk.
I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:36 pm 
elano! wrote:
"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive.
He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June).

Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control.
The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow.

Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he will have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will.
I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk.
I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

Fuck off noob. You don't know what is happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:42 pm 

elano! wrote:

Yep, seen it already..............there's a thread set-up for this sort of thing. You could have at least posted it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:44 pm 

USACityFan wrote:
Yeah I understand and I've been following it too, but there is non-stop drama with this club if you haven't figured that out by now. First, the situation with Sven, then are we getting in Europe, then who is going to be our new manager, then are we losing Richards, and now the Corluka situation. It's just the life of a City fan my friend and to be honest we shouldn't be that surprised it is happening because it always seems to. Things have worked themselves out lately and hopefully this one will too. If not, then I know the majority of us will just say "ah typical City", and be pissed as hell but we will still love the club at the end of the day.

concur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:50 pm 

apologies if this has already been posted

Taken from: http://footballfancast.com/blog/manchester-city/a-fans-plea-what-going-manchester-city/4763

I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive. He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June). Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control. The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow. Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he wilol have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will. I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk. I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now.

:confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm 

Look just above MB. Up there^.

Plus, mramb posted it last night too.

My arse nearly fell out when I read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm 

manchesterblue wrote:
apologies if this has already been posted

Taken from: http://footballfancast.com/blog/manchester-city/a-fans-plea-what-going-manchester-city/4763

I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive. He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June). Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control. The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow. Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he wilol have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will. I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk. I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now.

:confused:

:mad::mad::mad:

Bannin's too good for him!!!

Baggies, Baggies, Boing, Boing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:54 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
Look just above MB. Up there^.

lol...i posted it in a flap...all gone now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:
:mad::mad::mad:

Bannin's too good for him!!!

course theres always one whose gonna repost it...sigh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next