Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:55 pm 

It seems that Boji is back and he is fit.

*so happy*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:07 am 

From the NOTW (nuff said?)

MANCHESTER CITY have been dealt a blow by Martin Petrov and Valeri Bojinov.

The Bulgarian duo have become unsettled by the behind-the-scenes turmoil at Eastlands that has left boss Sven Goran Eriksson on the brink of leaving.

The loss of Petrov, 29, would be particularly crushing after the winger's first full season in the Premier League.

Former Fiorentina striker Bojinov, 22, missed a lot of the season with a knee injury and is keen to return to Italy.

But City have been boosted by Brazil ace Elano, 26. He said: "I am very happy at this club and my family are enjoying life here, too. When my mother came to visit, she did not want to go back!"

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:04 am 

NOTW bollocks methinks!

Petrov is on the OS saying that he cant wait for next season, and is hoping for an improvement on the excellent first season.

I trust the OS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:23 am 

Hmmm, NOTW or OS? NOTW or OS?

Yup :D

[color="Silver"](although admittedly he wouldn't exactly go telling the OS that he wants to leave if it was true)[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:41 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
From the NOTW (nuff said?)

MANCHESTER CITY have been dealt a blow by Martin Petrov and Valeri Bojinov.

The Bulgarian duo have become unsettled by the behind-the-scenes turmoil at Eastlands that has left boss Sven Goran Eriksson on the brink of leaving.

The loss of Petrov, 29, would be particularly crushing after the winger's first full season in the Premier League.

Former Fiorentina striker Bojinov, 22, missed a lot of the season with a knee injury and is keen to return to Italy.

But City have been boosted by Brazil ace Elano, 26. He said: "I am very happy at this club and my family are enjoying life here, too. When my mother came to visit, she did not want to go back!"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3579986,00.html
It seems the staff and players are very quick to respond to media bull shit now that we have that new PA guy or whatever he does with the media! :D
Now about Bojinov... He'll be staying me thinks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:08 pm 

I thought Elano had said that weeks ago? The NOTW have probably dragged those quotes up and passed them off as being new to pad out their rumour mongering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:35 pm 

It will be agent talk, but he does have a reputation for being a bit of a c*** from his time in italy.

I just cant see anyone paying £5 - £6 million for a player thats not played a competetive match hardly in 12 months and has only just recovered from a cruciate injury.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:47 pm 

Until svens future is decided I don't think any of the players can make decisions as to whether they're staying or not. I don't want Sven sacked but if he is going to be I wish they would hurry up and get on with it. Also apart from the fact its bad for the players we have now why would anyone want to join us not even knowing who the they'll be managed by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:50 pm 

I agree completely. It just feels like last summer. Lots of feet dragging and no one knows whats going on.

There are loads of players we need to be clearing out, players we want to keep that need new / better contracts sorting.

And we need to sign 4 - 6 players as well with the ones that are likely to leave.

We need a decision one way or the other fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:53 pm 

alera wrote:
I agree completely. It just feels like last summer. Lots of feet dragging and no one knows whats going on.

There are loads of players we need to be clearing out, players we want to keep that need new / better contracts sorting.

And we need to sign 4 - 6 players as well with the ones that are likely to leave.

We need a decision one way or the other fast.

Exactly hate to think at the players we could of already missed out on because of all this shit AGAIN only at city

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:08 pm 

Utta fucking bollocks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:08 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Until svens future is decided I don't think any of the players can make decisions as to whether they're staying or not. I don't want Sven sacked but if he is going to be I wish they would hurry up and get on with it. Also apart from the fact its bad for the players we have now why would anyone want to join us not even knowing who the they'll be managed by.

You wouldn't think so, but Distin went supposedly because 'he couldn't hang around to wait and see what happened'. Of course, it was nothing to do with the 40k a week dangled in front of him. I suppose he's happy now, but it just goes to show that players don't always adopt a 'wait and see' policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:17 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
You wouldn't think so, but Distin went supposedly because 'he couldn't hang around to wait and see what happened'. Of course, it was nothing to do with the 40k a week dangled in front of him. I suppose he's happy now, but it just goes to show that players don't always adopt a 'wait and see' policy.

Yeah I suppose, ranieri knocked us back for the same reason didn't he? I really don't see the sense in the silent treatment from thaksin, He needs to back him or sack him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:21 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Yeah I suppose, ranieri knocked us back for the same reason didn't he? I really don't see the sense in the silent treatment from thaksin, He needs to back him or sack him

Distin i never liked, he was a hoofer. And sven will be our manager next season thats for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:54 pm 

Genoa have set their sights on Manchester City striker Valeri Bojinov, according to reports in Italy.

The Bulgarian only joined City from Fiorentina last summer but he missed virtually all of his first season in the Premier League after suffering a serious knee injury.

Speculation suggests that he could now be set to return to Italy, although he may not make a decision until Sven Goran Eriksson's future has been resolved.

Genoa are also understood to be interested in Juventus midfielder Sergio Almiron and Napoli defender Maurizio Domizzi.

Domizzi impressed for Napoli this season and would be keen to make the move to Genoa.

He told the Italian press: "I know the Rossoblu President wants me. I would be happy to join Genoa but for now I have to wait.

"I will go on holiday and then we will see. However, I have a contract until 2011.

"Genoa are a prestigious team, but it also depends on Napoli and what they want to do with me."

Boji mate, listen to this.....

You signed for us under sven for a nice fee. The fans love you and have waited for months on end to see your talent which was short lived. You have been pampered for months to get back to full fitness, you will come back to show the city faithful what your all about, are you gonna abandon ship now? I think you should show us all what a great player you are and stick with the up and coming power of english football, dont do it we love you...