Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:32 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Kompany
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:32 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:24 pm
Posts: 624
Location: Doire
i want vinny to lead the club as captain for not only the cup final but for the rest of this season and next, even if tevez is fit or even stays on next year....i also want nigel to be vice captain......

i love tevez but im fucked off with the whole transfer shit thats surrounds him, plus the fact that the only reason he was made captain was to help persuade him to stay imo!!!

vinny has all the attributes of a great captain and will go down in history as a city legend, and is the one i want to see lift trophies for us!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:40 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 135
Location: Manchester
Agree 100%, but people behind the scenes bend over backwards for Tevez i.e. him sodding off to Italy when he is injured FFS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:44 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:49 am
Posts: 19515
Location: Kent
I reckon the management and owners will have a pretty good idea of whether Tevez will be off in the summer or not. If he is, I can't imagine they'll let him lift the cup and be the center of the most iconic and enduring moment in the club's recent history.

ahem if we win that is...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:50 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 24084
Location: Australia
dear fucking god please let us win.

_________________
KYPU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:31 pm
Posts: 11033
Location: Mancunia
komps for kapitan, should always have been this tbh.

_________________
'Fabio, the round thing there is the ball'

Aguero


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:53 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 24084
Location: Australia
Yes. if we need to replace Tevez, hmmmm, who? Schneider?

_________________
KYPU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:54 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:31 pm
Posts: 11033
Location: Mancunia
just to piss on taggarts chip if nothing else

any way

[SIZE="7"]AGUERO[/SIZE]

_________________
'Fabio, the round thing there is the ball'

Aguero


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:56 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:24 pm
Posts: 624
Location: Doire
South East Citizen wrote:
I reckon the management and owners will have a pretty good idea of whether Tevez will be off in the summer or not. If he is, I can't imagine they'll let him lift the cup and be the center of the most iconic and enduring moment in the club's recent history. ahem if we win that is...


this is my big concern.....in 20/30/40 years time i would like to see a player like Kompany take all the plaudits that lifting a trophy brings, especially if its the start of a great dynasty that we all hope is the case......this is not tevez bashing , i love him and hope he stays but vinny is a class act both on and off the field and the type of man that all players at the club should aspire to be like....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:56 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 135
Location: Manchester
David Villa - I wish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:00 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:49 am
Posts: 19515
Location: Kent
North Stand Blue wrote:
David Villa - I wish


That's not out of the question actually, he's only scored once in the last 14 matches or something, and Barca could use the money. Other players who fit in the Tevez 'hard working goal scorer' mould; Rooney - fuck off. Messi - dream on. Aguero - yes please.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:01 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 5:34 pm
Posts: 29128
Location: Limbo
South East Citizen wrote:
I reckon the management and owners will have a pretty good idea of whether Tevez will be off in the summer or not. If he is, I can't imagine they'll let him lift the cup and be the center of the most iconic and enduring moment in the club's recent history.

ahem if we win that is...


see the tevez thread. that he has to play in the game before the final to play in it also says something.

i reckon he'll be gone by september.

should never have been made captain anyway, nor kolo. vinnie and de jong are the kind of players who should have the armband.

_________________
"It felt like a really pointless version of ketamine: no psychedelic effects, no pleasant slide into rubbery nonsense, just a sudden drop off the cliff of wrongness."
"i'm gonna wreck you so bad we're going to have to change church"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:14 pm 
Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:36 pm
Posts: 11867
Location: Rural Berks.
I'd rather we changed our system a bit, wingers with Dzeko/Balo up top and more creation in midfield. I'd like Sneijder to take his place but as an AM. with Sanchez on the right wing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:31 pm
Posts: 11033
Location: Mancunia
i reckon we could see a bit more 4 4 2 next season,

Hart

zabs komps cahill lb


sanchez or johnson

de jong/toure or barry/milner

silva or sneider

balo and edin

_________________
'Fabio, the round thing there is the ball'

Aguero


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:00 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:26 am
Posts: 112
Location: Argentina
why you don't want Tevez as captain ??
sorry for my english, i don't speak, but i understand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:05 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 5:34 pm
Posts: 29128
Location: Limbo
because he put in a transfer request in december. because he fucks off out of the country at the drop of a hat. because he still can't speak english to a degree where he can communicate with the rest of the team. because rumours of him leaving refuse to go away and he does nothing to quash them. because he wasn't even watching us in our first semi-final for decades. because kompany and de jong give the impression they'd bleed for city.

don't get me wrong, i love tevez and his contribution and effort on the pitch, but he's not captain material.

_________________
"It felt like a really pointless version of ketamine: no psychedelic effects, no pleasant slide into rubbery nonsense, just a sudden drop off the cliff of wrongness."
"i'm gonna wreck you so bad we're going to have to change church"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:31 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:26 am
Posts: 112
Location: Argentina
Ok. I think you're right in some points. I surprised myself when Macini give to him the captaincy. But, well... he knows why do that.
I hope Carlos stay in City, i started to support the team because of him and Zabs (also, I can watch every match of City on TV). Over time, I came to love the team and the other players (not sure how write this)
The FA Cup is our!! We'll beat the bastards (like you say :cool:)
Greetings from Argentina and c'mon CITY!!

And again, sorry for the english, I should learn, really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:37 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 5:34 pm
Posts: 29128
Location: Limbo
your english is fine.

mancini gave him the armband to try and hold off his wantaway tendency (as seen at every previous club) i reckon. zabs is awesome, if tevez had his attitude he'd be complete.

_________________
"It felt like a really pointless version of ketamine: no psychedelic effects, no pleasant slide into rubbery nonsense, just a sudden drop off the cliff of wrongness."
"i'm gonna wreck you so bad we're going to have to change church"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:39 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:49 am
Posts: 19515
Location: Kent
gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
because he put in a transfer request in december. because he fucks off out of the country at the drop of a hat. because he still can't speak english to a degree where he can communicate with the rest of the team. because rumours of him leaving refuse to go away and he does nothing to quash them. because he wasn't even watching us in our first semi-final for decades. because kompany and de jong give the impression they'd bleed for city.

don't get me wrong, i love tevez and his contribution and effort on the pitch, but he's not captain material.


...because he has the devil's spawn for an agent.

berelokaso32 wrote:
Ok. I think you're right in some points. I surprised myself when Macini give to him the captaincy. But, well... he knows why do that.
I hope Carlos stay in City, i started to support the team because of him and Zabs (also, I can watch every match of City on TV). Over time, I came to love the team and the other players (not sure how write this)
The FA Cup is our!! We'll beat the bastards (like you say :cool:)
Greetings from Argentina and c'mon CITY!!

And again, sorry for the english, I should learn, really.


Awesome :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm 
Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Posts: 15026
Location: Warrington
If Kompany was not Belgian he would have played with the best Players in the world.

_________________
The Senior Member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:00 pm 
Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 pm
Posts: 209
Location: Newton-Le-Willows
It's also better to have a big twat leading the team out instead of a short arse.

Looks more imposing when he is stood in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group