Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:30 am 

Now that is a pointless post. Why have a forum if you cant vent. And its relevant to the topic being discussed so why is it pointless ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:32 am 
alera wrote:
Now that is a pointless post. Why have a forum if ou can vent. And its relevant to the topic being discussed so why is it pointless.

Because everyone (except you) knows that 606 is full of wums. Besides, you don't vent, you just moan. What I was doing was venting. Keep up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:34 am 

Emigre wrote:
Because everyone (except you) knows that 606 is full of wums. Besides, you don't vent, you just moan. What I was doing was venting. Keep up.

this should help:

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:34 am 

The rags comment is just puerile....It does not dignify a response.

I am aware 606 is full of cocks but that post does seem to back up much of what Mike said (and has already been said on another city forum) Hence why I posted it.

Keep up !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:44 am 
alera wrote:

I am aware 606 is full of cocks but that post does seem to back up much of what Mike said (and has already been said on another city forum) Hence why I posted it.

Keep up !

I just don't understand your constant pessimism. You take every wild rumour and spin it in to a disaster. You already said if Corluka was sold you would return your season ticket. Great support that.

Any good news seems to be ignored in favour of spinning the worst case scenario. Why not wait until things happen and then pass judgement. Post the news by all means, but don't then follow it by saying Hughes will resign, the club is broke yada yada yada.

It's just gotten really really boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:44 am 

This whole threads bullshit. There are plenty more players I don't want to see leave, and a couple I could see leave and, while being unhappy, wouldn't be worried. Examples include:

Dunne - He leaves, Charlie moves into the centre, Neds rb.
Ireland - Fernandes/Hamann/Elano all cover centre.
Hart - Kaspar is more than capable, while Hughes, has already said an experienced back-up is a necessity.

Now shit off with your whinging and scare-mongering and post something realistic please. No player is indispensible, if they want to go, fuck em.

And please PLEASE PLEASE never post anything off 606 again

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:47 am 

Sorry where is the good news ? I must have blinked and missed that. And where did I say Hughes was going to quit ?

The whole point is that it seems he does not want to leave. And Hughes does not want to sell him. Thats pretty clear from the last couple of statements he has made. If you want to stick your heads in the sand fine but dont expect me to do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:51 am 

alera wrote:
Sorry where is the good news ? And where did I say Hughes was going to quit ?

The whole point is that it seems he does not want to leave. And hughes does not want to sell him..

Just have a look at the post you posted touching on 606.

Can we change the name of this thread too please, no fucking player is untouchable. NONE. It's fucking journo bollocks and it'll always be there. If you don't like it, fuck off away from Football and move to America.

I follow Ice Hockey. At the end of every season, the entire team pretty much departs and a brand new set of players join. Think you could handle that? From the way your talking you wouldn't last 5 seconds. This season Phoenix (the Manchester hockey team) have retained 2 players from last year. Our back-up goalie was 19 and born and bred Manchester, he's gone. Our captain has gone to Sheffield, the only team we hate lots. Try dealing with that sort of speculation!

What I'm trying to say is that if you don't like speculation and rumour, or if you aren't willing to put up with it, don't follow sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:55 am 

I didn’t say Hughes was going to quit. I certainly don’t think he will quit, I can’t see any chance of that happening so not sure where you are going with that. I posted the 606 thread as it seemed to corroborate what Mike was saying (and another poster on another city forum) Bad, bad mistake obviously.

I get transfer speculation. I even like it. But not when it’s a crucial player and not in these circumstances with what it would mean.

And no offence you might love Hockey but it’s on a very different level to Football in this country let alone City in the PL....If we changed every first team player in our team each season I am pretty sure we would be in the conference before long.

As for supporting city I have all my life I go to all the home games with my dad, wife, best mate, brother in law etc etc. And have done for around 15 years. I guess you are lucky you dont sit next to me at the matches, or even in my vicinity as there are plenty of people more negative than me that’s for sure......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:58 am 

Don't ever ever say that. Hockey is a sport on the rise. 17,984 people packing the MEN Arena for one game is not a small time sport. That's just massive narrow-mindedness to think it isn't on the same footing. Maybe the money involved isn't the same, but losing a fan favourite at the end of the season to your bitter rivals isn't heartbreaking? My arse! It's like Richards/Dunne going to the Rags. It'd hurt a lot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:02 am 

No idea there were that many people watching it. They are meant to be building a new stadium for them in Altrincham no idea it would hold that many.

Sorry its nothing like the same level as football. It might be to you but not for the majority in the UK. Cant see that it ever will be either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:06 am 

alera wrote:
No idea there were that many people watching it. They are meant to be building a new stadium for them in Altrincham no idea it would hold that many.

Sorry its nothing like the same level as football. It might be to you but not for the majority in the UK. Cant see that it ever will be either.

That was back at the MEN, it's pittance now in Manchester, although Sheffield Nottingham and Belfast regularly pull in crowds similar to that of League One.

Your pessimism is annoying me, and I'm drunk, so I'm going to go to sleep, I've had a long day, and I can't be arsed arguing when I know I'm right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:09 am 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Money is available but they are trying to be clever with the money. Sven was given the money and was like a kid in a sweet shop. Hughes has been brought in because he has been proven to be the shrewest buyer in the premiership...this is known fact!
Thaksin doesnt want his money pissing up a wall at the end of the day.
I expect two more signings maximum. We have got an exciting team of youngsters who are threatening to becoming world class. I talk about the likes of Johnson, Ireland, Fernandes, Corluka, Richards, Jo, Boj....these guys have not even reached their potential and are all superb players, give it time guys dont be disheartened and enjoy the ride.....come 2010 we will be up there challenging the big 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:21 am 

alera wrote:

Keep up !

Gramatically should it not be -

Hence I posted it?

Hence why - I'm not sure that makes sense?

Bert????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:35 am 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:

And please PLEASE [B]PLEASE never post anything off 606 again[/B]

this place was set up to get away from 606

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:37 am 

Hence why seems OK but you shold say anything from 606 not off 606

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:03 am 

blueinyorkshire wrote:
Money is available but they are trying to be clever with the money. Sven was given the money and was like a kid in a sweet shop. Hughes has been brought in because he has been proven to be the shrewest buyer in the premiership...this is known fact!Thaksin doesnt want his money pissing up a wall at the end of the day.
I expect two more signings maximum. We have got an exciting team of youngsters who are threatening to becoming world class. I talk about the likes of Johnson, Ireland, Fernandes, Corluka, Richards, Jo, Boj....these guys have not even reached their potential and are all superb players, give it time guys dont be disheartened and enjoy the ride.....come 2010 we will be up there challenging the big 4

No problem with a bit of clever wheeling and dealing, but if Hughes doesn't want to sell Corluka, then what? His shrewdness would be overruled and becomes an irrelevance. If Corluka does go, then the way that the money is used is absolutely crucial - the club really can't afford to fuck up to keep the fans' goodwill. Over to you, Hughes, no pressure... :p

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:10 am 

Sorry my spelling and grammer are rubbish. Anyway all quiet in the press today AGAIN. My hope is we are putting a prohibative price tag on his head. Spurs dont seem keen on spending £19 million on Arshavin so I cant seem them spending that sort of money or Corluka.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:13 am 

I know that is what Hughes has done. As a follower of Blackburn (I used to bully my cousin when stuff went wrong, he follows City for the same reason) I can honestly say I cannot think of one buy that went tits up while he was at Rovers, or one player he sold that went on to become a success. Mark Hughes is not a complete twat. He knows what he is doing, and he will not sell a player unless he wants to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:28 am 

He has an excellent track record in the transfer market which is probably what got him the job....