Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Season preview 2014/15
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:22 am 

Thought I/we can ponder the campaign ahead before it gets underway in 4 short days.

Although the transfer period was quiet by our standards we have made some lovely acquisitions; Sagna, Willy, Fernando, Bruno and Fat Boy. I am well excited by those in bold. We do need Jovetic to do what he is paid for, and Negredo back fit ASAP.

Gonna be a tough season this one, Fizzy has got to backup what we did last season and that is no easy task. Other teams have gotten much stronger, chavs with Diego and Cesc are going to be a force. And red scouse has purchased at least 7 players from memory, they'll improve again. Rags have also but their best acquisition wont be on the pitch, they could be back among the better chances this season. Arse with a terrific team can also better last season. It will definitely be another season of the top 5 getting further away from the rest.

Some improvers IMO will be Newcastle, while Leicester and Burnley can surprise. I suddenly got sick of typing. More later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:11 am 

I don't think they should have bothered with Lamps shirts being printed up. Poorest selling shirt ever?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:03 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Poorest selling shirt ever?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:16 am 

I think the CL will be our major priority this season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 am 

I still don't think we are anywhere near winning the CL. I would like to get to the quarter finals this year which would probably be achieved if we were to win our group but, once again, we are probably going to be dealt a tough group.

I would be happy with another top four finish, ideally third place or higher but I won't be losing the plot if we fail to win the league. Thought Pellegrini's achievements last season were a tad underplayed by the media. Everyone is saying it would be tough for LVG to win the league at the first attempt and, no doubt, there will be wholesale media jizzing if he achieved it yet our Manuel managed a domestic double. Plus, the rags are fucked unless they bring in about three defenders. Saw something recently about Jonny Evans saying it was his time to step up as a senior defender. If that happens then fucking brilliant!

I think Chelsea will be strong. Very strong. For starters they've managed to get rid of Luiz which should gain them a few points. Arsenal will do OK but fade away again, IMO. Sanchez may very well struggle as we have seen with many South American players in this league. Liverpool will be this season's Spurs: too many new players and none of them particularly inspired.

I think we have made some shrewd signings. Sagna will be an able deputy to Zabs and I would expect Fernando to settle in well. Mangala is a vital piece in the jigsaw. The rest are pretty much squad players. If we can stop the silly injuries to key players then the title should be a realistic proposition

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:54 am 

As we stand I still don't think our back four has enough strength in depth. If Vinnie gets injured again I can see us struggling.

I reckon we'll be second this season with Chelsea first, Arsenal third and the Scum fourth. I would love the Scum to finish outside the top four again though. Then the shit would hit the fan!

Southampton will be relegated with Burnley and West Brom.

Allerdyce will be the first manager to get the sack and there will be a white Christmas this year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:15 pm 

Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:
As we stand I still don't think our back four has enough strength in depth. If Vinnie gets injured again I can see us struggling.

I reckon we'll be second this season with Chelsea first, Arsenal third and the Scum fourth. I would love the Scum to finish outside the top four again though. Then the shit would hit the fan!

Southampton will be relegated with Burnley and West Brom.

Allerdyce will be the first manager to get the sack and there will be a white Christmas this year.

I agree about Chelsea . I also think that we could finish up with no trophies but as runners up in most competitions and the champs league will be entirely dependant on the opposition in the group stage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:46 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Thought I/we can ponder the campaign ahead before it gets underway in 4 short days.

Although the transfer period was quiet by our standards we have made some lovely acquisitions; Sagna, Willy, Fernando, Bruno and Fat Boy. I am well excited by those in bold. We do need Jovetic to do what he is paid for, and Negredo back fit ASAP.

Gonna be a tough season this one, Fizzy has got to backup what we did last season and that is no easy task. Other teams have gotten much stronger, chavs with Diego and Cesc are going to be a force. And red scouse has purchased at least 7 players from memory, they'll improve again. Rags have also but their best acquisition wont be on the pitch, they could be back among the better chances this season. Arse with a terrific team can also better last season. It will definitely be another season of the top 5 getting further away from the rest.

Some improvers IMO will be Newcastle, while Leicester and Burnley can surprise. I suddenly got sick of typing. More later.

Filipe Luis is a brilliant signing too, would've loved him to have signed for us. Is our left back position still a bit of a concern? Kolarov improved last season but the fact that neither him or Clichy can nail down the position suggests to me it's a bit of a weakness.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:46 am 

Chavs are the strongest on paper right now, mourinho may have to play some attacking football to get the best of his team though.

spurs will again be gash.

I am not sure if it is my head or my heart speaking but I just feel Liverpool will fuck this up again. they will be thereabouts for a long stretch but I think they will implode. and Rodgers will be found out as the melt that he is. and having spent a fortune. my boss, a Liverpool fan, said to me last season 'I hate teams like city and chelsea who try and buy the league'. Lolcano.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm 

would be nice to win two in a row... :pray: :pray: :pray:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:33 pm 

derrycitizen wrote:
would be nice to win two in a row... :pray: :pray: :pray:

That might just happen wee fella...