This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beast
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:26 am 

Fractured metatarsal out 2 months

Post subject: Re: Beast
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:34 am 

Ballllllls. Was really looking forward to seeing him back for us. He had a monumental first part of the season and then faded inexplicably. Guess we'll have wait to see more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:54 am 

Meh. Will be just like the second half of last season then. I suppose it has put the transfer rumours to rest. Our strikers are such sick notes. We have to put up with Sergio's muscle injuries, Jovetic's M.E. and Guidetti's mystery virus (HIV) and now this

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:53 am 

Just a thought, with our connection to NYCFC could we not take Villa on loan as short term cover rather than him going to Melbourne?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:37 pm 

according to the graun we will have a problem with foreign player quota's as it is, if we sign mangala then we're at 18 - the max is 17 and we were considering selling the beast... with him being injured it looks more likely that it'd be javi garcia to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:56 pm 

Only for the Chumps league. We could still register him for domestic games and Chumps league doesn't start until September when Neggers shouldn't be too far from returning

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:39 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Only for the Chumps league. We could still register him for domestic games and Chumps league doesn't start until September when Neggers shouldn't be too far from returning

le sauce

Quote:
Álvaro Negredo injury could force Javí Garcia out of Manchester City• Striker out for months with broken metatarsal
• Garcia at risk because of foreign player quotasShare 28
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Monday 21 July 2014 21.43 BST Álvaro Negredo, left, against Hearts last Friday before he broke a bone in his right foot. Photograph: Richard Sellers/Getty Images
Javi García’s Manchester City career is in the balance following Álvaro Negredo’s metatarsal injury that could rule the striker out for three months. The midfielder faces having to be sold to meet the club’s overseas player quota for the Premier League and Champions League.

Negredo suffered his injury in the 2-1 defeat of Hearts in a pre-season friendly at Tynecastle. After having tests over the weekend, the forward revealed on his Instagram account that he will miss a sizeable part of the season after fracturing his fifth metatarsal bone in his right foot.

“I want to let you know that it’s going to be hard for the next few months, I fractured my 5th metatarsal and will be out a few months,” the 28-year-old wrote. “I will be back stronger than ever.”

City have to include at least five homegrown players and a maximum of 16 who are classed as overseas in a Champions League squad that has been reduced to 21 because of Uefa’s financial fair play sanctions. Premier League rules allow no more than 17 non-homegrown players.

Manuel Pellegrini wants to add either Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala or Roma’s Mehdi Benatia to his central defence which would bring the number of “foreign” players in the squad to 18.
City would then not be able to register one of their overseas contingent for their 25-man Premier League squad and would have to drop two from the Champions League squad.

Negredo had been interesting Atlético Madrid and had appeared the more likely to leave – if the Spanish champions were to meet City’s price of around £25m and the forward put in a formal transfer request. A transfer now appears unlikely and he will almost certainly be registered for the Premier League squad for him to be available after he recovers.

The arrival of Mangala or Benatia means City still have to drop another foreign player for the Champions League and Premier League squads.

Although Pellegrini would like to keep García – he is keen on the central midfielder’s versatility – the likely option is to sell the 27-year-old as he cannot be registered. Napoli have retained an interest in the player who cost £15.8m from Benfica two years ago.

City flew out to America on Monday to start summer tour where they will play Sporting Kansas City, Milan, Liverpool and Olympiakos. The latter three matches are in the International Champions Cup. They could play Manchester United in the final in Miami on 4 August, as Louis van Gaal’s team are in the other group.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:48 am 

£25m would be a good price for a 28 yr old..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 am 

tbh i thought him and navas were what spain were missing at the world cup.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:15 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
tbh i thought him and navas were what spain were missing at the world cup.

agree 100%. No pace and no menacing target man.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:20 am 

from the man himself
Quote:
“I want to thank the club for helping me become a better footballer and for making me and my family feel at home during my time here.

“About a year ago Manchester City, a club that will remain in my heart, gave me the amazing opportunity to play in England. And for me winning the Premier League, Capital One Cup and scoring 23 goals in a season is a dream come true.

“After this year I can only say thank you to the club, to the fans that have supported me since the first day I wore this jersey and of course thank you and good luck to my team-mates, who helped me settle in since day one not only as a teammates but as friends.”

shame he won't be around this season - we really need an extra striker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:42 am 

Fair enough if he wanted to go back home but still a strange one in my books.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:27 pm 

Aguero looks to be back to his best. He ran Utd ragged at the weekend and should have had 3 penalties. I wouldn't worry about the striker situation at all for the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:56 pm 

ManagerXI wrote:
Aguero looks to be back to his best. He ran Utd ragged at the weekend and should have had 3 penalties. I wouldn't worry about the striker situation at all for the moment.

sergio has to be top 3 now..messi ladyboy and kun.....
best in the world