Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:

£600,000 in 2006. my god did pearce do well there. all his transfer good luck balled into one player.

explains samaras really.

Yep. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
My fondness and respect for JH grows every time I see him. I know we have many players right now that we can all dote on, but this guy is genuine and a professional. He loves Man City.

Agree 100%.
Looks the part. Growing more confident and vocal by the game.
A great foundation for our terrific defence. Fantastic reflexes.
Apt to cock up occasionally...I think thoughit was Bob Wilson who said once that
Joe seems to be one of those lucky people in life that always seem to come out smiling...and come out on top.
He has a great disposition too - well, that's what comes across.
He does love the club...and as such will always be highly regarded.
He is generous to opponents in defeat - an absolute top drawer bloke.

City have been blessed with some exceptional goalkeepers down the years...Hart has the credentials and the years to become the very best.
He's a Shropshire lad, like my Dad and his Dad before him....

...and he's my lovely Grandaughter's favourite, and shes only 8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:02 pm 

Location: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in
joe is like what nicky weaver should have been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 pm 

What a prize A .......

Ben Foster has no plans to reverse his decision to take an indefinite break from international football and appears highly unlikely to contemplate returning to the England set-up unless Joe Hart, Fabio Capello's first-choice goalkeeper, is ruled out. Foster said that if Hart picked up an injury he would "consider" playing for England again if Capello asked him, although he was careful not to guarantee he would accept the invitation.

The 28-year-old, who has joined West Bromwich Albion on a season-long loan from Birmingham City, caught Capello by surprise towards the end of last season when he announced that he would be withdrawing from England duty with immediate effect. He cited "niggling injuries" as the reason at the time, although he has now admitted that a desire to spend more time with his young family is at the heart of the issue. Foster said that when he is away on international duty and ends up sitting on the bench it leaves him feeling "as though you have lost two weeks of your life for nothing really".

"I'm kind of happy with the way things are at the minute," Foster said, when asked whether he had reconsidered the decision that has left Capello's goalkeeping options looking threadbare. "I'm enjoying playing club football and when the international break does come along I find it's a good chance to just recharge the batteries and try and take your mind off football for a little bit and just enjoy your life a bit more.

"It is hard when you are away for 10 days or two weeks [with England], especially when you've got kids who are two or three years old. I almost feel as if I'm missing a part of their growing up really. It is very hard to take and couple that with not playing and you feel as though you have lost two weeks of your life for nothing really. I'm a big family person – growing up I had a brother and a sister, so it's something that I hold in high regard.

"I think there's a fine line between being ambitious [in your work] and not having a life. I feel at the moment I play my club football and go home, I have time with my family and l love that – that's absolutely brilliant and that's how I operate best as a footballer."

Foster is fully aware that his decision has left him open to criticism, especially as he has not completely ruled out the prospect of playing for his country again and adding to his five caps. "People can do that [accuse me of picking up England and putting it down], that's absolutely fine. I feel that while I'm enjoying my football, I'll just leave it as it is and if something does happen to Joe and the manager gives me a call and says, 'We're desperate for you to come back in', then I can always consider it.

"I think even players that have fully retired from international football, that's always been the case with them as well, if they're short of numbers for a certain position they're always going to get the call. You see Jamie Carragher and Paul Scholes and people like that – I think even if you retire you never close the door fully."

Foster has never enjoyed the media spotlight, which he found particularly uncomfortable at Manchester United, where he was bought to replace Edwin van der Sar only to be sold last summer after failing to live up to expectations. David de Gea, a £17m recruit from Atlético Madrid, has now been given the task of filling the Dutchman's boots.

"He has got everything – if you see videos he's brilliant, but it's the mental side of it that's the most important thing," Foster said. "I don't think the United fans are stupid – I think they understand that a 20-year-old lad coming in and playing first-team football, it might not click straight away. They are going to have to give him time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 am 

Confirmed that Hart has signed a new five year deal.

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/August/Joe-Hart-pens-new-five-year-deal

Joe Hart has signed a new five-year contract with City, committing himself to the Club until 2016.

The England No.1 joined City from Shrewsbury Town for just £600,000 in 2006 and has made 121 starts for the Blues to date, setting a new clean sheets club record last season and winning the Premier League’s Golden Gloves award in the process.

“I’m absolutely delighted to have signed a new deal and it is a very exciting time to be a City player,” said the 24-year-old.

“I can’t think of myself being anywhere other than City and it really feels like home. I feel very privileged to be staying here for another five years.

"I’ve got a lot of love for this club, the way we’re moving forward and for the
fans who have been fantastic towards me from day one".

“When I signed from Shrewsbury it was always my aim to become the No.1 here and I was prepared to do anything to achieve that, including going out on loan a few times to prove my worth.”

Such was Hart’s form that he ousted Shay Given as first choice at City and the Ireland legend has since moved to Aston Villa in order to play first-team football, though Joe was quick to pay tribute to his close friend.

“Shay’s influence on me has been massive and being able to work alongside me has brought my game on tremendously,” he said.

“I’ve lost a close friend and a fantastic team-mate but I’ll keep in touch and talk with him on a regular basis.

“Shay was always appreciative to the situation here at City and backed me all the way, as I would have done for him if the tables had been turned.

“I’ll continue to learn from Shay even though he’s now playing for Villa just by watching him on TV.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 am 

now get de jong's sorted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:26 am 

Na mate, too slow, get rid!

[/city4eva]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:14 pm 

i am going to end that fuckwit if his next post is as appalling as that thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:17 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
i am going to end that fuckwit if his next post is as appalling as that thread.

I think that would be out of order. It is a culmination of a few things: he is a newb, trying to get posts/threads going, trying to gain acceptance, possibly language skills letting him down slightly and most of all...he is entitled to his opinion. We are already FUCKING clicquey, if we ban peeps cos they don't fit out mould it'd be fairly fucking wanky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 pm 

TBF I think GA was suggesting murdering city4eva, not banning him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 pm 

Yeah DS has a point, can we just ridicule him? He could be the new Assman.

(Hi Assman!)

*Waves*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:27 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
TBF I think GA was suggesting murdering city4eva, not banning him.

murdering and wearing like a sock puppet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 pm 

'Committed' Tevez no Man City outcast, says Joe Hart
Page last updated at 10:16 GMT, Friday, 23 September 2011 11:16 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version By Andrew Toft

BBC Sport

Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version
Joe Hart wants Manchester City to be best side in Europe
Manchester City keeper Joe Hart says Argentina striker Carlos Tevez shows total commitment in training and is not an outcast at the club.

Tevez made public his desire to leave in the summer and was stripped of the captaincy by boss Roberto Mancini.

"There's a lot of respect for Carlos because he's a great guy and a great footballer," Hart told Football Focus.

"You wake up and read one thing about him but in training he's really committed to what he's doing."

And the England keeper added: "He's never disrespected the club in any kind of way or disrespected us as team-mates.

"He's got on with it."

Mancini has already made it clear to Tevez that his chances to play may be limited in a world-class attacking squad that also includes Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Carlos Tevez, Mario Balotelli, Samir Nasri and David Silva.

But Hart maintains there is no danger of disharmony in an expensively assembled squad he says is miraculously free of giant egos.

"We've got some of the world's best footballers at this club but they're no different to us," he said.

"We've got a great set of lads here - no one makes you feel you shouldn't be here and that's what's good about this place at the moment," added the 24-year-old.

One aspect of club life Hart does admit to finding trying is the day-to-day business of training with some of the world's best strikers - something he admits has him "steaming" with frustration.

"I've got sparks coming off the posts because every single day I am attacking the goals when I don't get anywhere near the ball," he said.

"It's quite frustrating. I walk off with steam coming out of my ears because the quality is really high in our squad at the moment."

Joe Hart FactfileContinue reading the main story Born 19/04/87 in Shrewsbury
Signed for Manchester City from the Shrews in May 2006
Had loan spells with Tranmere, Blackpool and Birmingham.
Won first full England cap against Trinidad & Tobago in June 2008.
Won first major honour with Manchester City in 2011 FA Cup
But he recognises being the man under fire at training pays dividends on matchday.

"If you're not on the ball, you're going to be made to look stupid - especially in training - so when you come to games you feel quite sharp," added Hart.

"You're expecting all sorts because of what's going on at the training ground, with the ability we've got."

Indeed, with the strikers at Roberto Mancini's disposal, the City boss possesses the kind of attacking force that could make even Barcelona sit up and take notice.

And Hart is blunt about the club's determination to usurp the Catalan giants as Europe's best - an ambition that transcends more local considerations.

"I think that's ultimately the goal. I'm not going to lie about it. I don't think Manchester United really come into the reckoning. That's not really what we're about, we're not about beating one club," he said.

"We've a got a lot of respect for Manchester United across the road, doing what they're doing. But ultimately we want to remove everyone in our way to be the best club that we can."

Continue reading the main story We played Fulham and it felt like the stadium was going to fall down when we scored the second
Joe Hart on 'The Poznan'
This season's first foray into the Champions League offers everyone at Manchester City the chance to gauge how far they have come, as well as the distance they have left on their journey to becoming a major European force.

Success on the continent is arguably part of how the club will be defined in seasons to come, but European football has already left its imprint on City and, in particular, their fans.

The 'Poznan' - where supporters turn their backs to the pitch and bounce up and down with their arms around each other - has become the default goal celebration at Eastlands.

And Hart can remember its genesis.

"We were playing [Polish side] Lech Poznan at home, we were 3-0 up, I think, and they scored against me. The away supporters, who were all amazing, turned their backs," he said.

"It was quite interesting to watch. I shouldn't really have been watching, or too interested, because they'd just scored. But I was.

"A couple of people started doing it in the following games. We nicked it from them.

"We played Fulham on Sunday and it felt like the stadium was going to fall down when we scored the second. You could really feel it rumbling."

It can, of course, come back to haunt City - as the Fulham fans were delighted to demonstrate when Danny Murphy pulled his resurgent side level at Craven Cottage and they turned and performed a 'Poznan' of their own.

"If we go a couple of goals up like we did against Fulham, it can all blow up in our faces as a few people will mock it," Hart conceded.

"But it's what the club is about at the moment - people see City and when we score they know what it's about.

"It's great. I think everyone remembers when we played Man United at Wembley. It was red and blue, and the blue half was doing it. It was really exciting."

If Hart and his team-mates have their way, that Wembley showing will be the first of many for the Poznan on the big stage.

See the interview with Joe Hart on Football Focus on BBC One, Saturday 24 September, 1215 BST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:49 am 

We lost one game got knocked out of the CL in a really tough group, Mario and Micah have a spat and all of a sudden.......

[SIZE="4"]Hart Plays down Crisis at City[/SIZE]

Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has played down talk of a crisis at the Premier League leaders.

The Etihad Stadium club followed up their UEFA Champions League exit last week by losing their unbeaten league run at Chelsea.

Tension also flared at the club's training ground on Thursday when Micah Richards and Mario Balotelli had to be separated.

Hart knows City's form will come under the microscope, especially with in-form Arsenal next on the fixture list on Sunday.
Live on Sky Sports

The England international insists there is no 'crisis' at the club and his team-mates are eager to return to winning ways against the Gunners.
Scrutiny

"We will leave other people to speculate about our season and our title credentials," he told The Sun.

"We are thinking just about us and what we need to do. Yes, we know there will be even more scrutiny now.

"There is no crisis here, we are not in a barren run."
Joe Hart Quotes of the week

"But there is no crisis here, we are not in a barren run. We are still creating chances, still scoring and, hopefully, we will put everything right again on Sunday.

"We'll dust ourselves down and be ready for what is now a massive game against Arsenal.

"Every single game is a huge test for us because of what we are trying to achieve here. It's a massive pressure playing for our club.
Pressure

"But it's only a pressure because we are a good team and we should be winning every game. That's a good pressure and we should embrace it because we are very lucky, we are blessed.

"We have a great chance in the league. I think we can do it. We are top of the pile and I couldn't care less who is chasing us.

"It doesn't make any difference to me if it's Manchester United or not. We want to keep everyone behind us.

"We are not trying to prove anything to anybody, we're not doing it so we can say 'Shut your mouth, look what we have done!'. We are doing it because we all want to be winners."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 am 

Don't listen to the press, they would love it if we fail.
We were playing like Barcelona for 30 minutes and should have had a penalty against Chelsea. We played well with 10 as well and would of shut them out if not for the penalty.
Hopefully we will have something to cheer on Sunday:)

If a 2-0 win against Bayern and an unlucky 2-1 at Stamford Bridge constitute a barren run then I think we have come quite far since the Hughes run of draws:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:34 pm 

I'd rather we lose the odd game than draw everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:54 pm 

I think Joe's playing amazing - at keeping. Is anyone else getting really fucked off with his kicking though? Never wants to pass up an opportunity to play it long and it just concedes possession time and time again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:57 pm 

it's improving though. as is his parry-ing.

i hart him. lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:15 pm 

I think hart is crap..he does not get nearly as many goals as he should..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:25 pm 

cooder wrote:
I think Joe's playing amazing - at keeping. Is anyone else getting really fucked off with his kicking though? Never wants to pass up an opportunity to play it long and it just concedes possession time and time again.

It is frustrating but if you look back a year I bet it's improved a lot - it's definitely his weakness though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next