Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:36 am 

Joe can go. Best we had when we didn't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:51 pm 

MCFC_Boss wrote:

that scots fucker can fuck the fuck off
Emigre wrote:
We don't need to sell him, but let's face it, injury aside, he hasn't got a shot at the City first team for the next few years.

I'd still keep him though. Send him back to Birmingham on a 2 year loan or sommat.

^this. too good to be on tyhe bench, and we wouldn't benefit from it either. he needs a couple years more first team football to get better, by which time he can replace given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:54 pm 

If he'll accept another two years on loan then all well and good. I'd be surprised if he would though. Wouldn't be a massive shock to see him go. Barring injury he's getting nowhere near the first team for another five years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:03 pm 

how old is given again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
how old is given again?

33? I suppose a good goalkeeper can go on til near 40 and still keep a high level, or even get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 pm 

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has hinted goalkeeper Joe Hart could be set to remain at Eastlands next season.

Hart has impressed during his season-long loan stint with Premier League rivals Birmingham and is expected to earn a place in Fabio Capello's England squad for the World Cup in South Africa.

Blues boss Alex McLeish is eager to agree another loan deal for Hart to cover next term, but could now see those hopes dashed.

City may now elect to keep the youngster next year and let him battle for a first-team spot with Shay Given.
Stay

Mancini admitted it was 'probable' Hart would stay, but with a top-four place to fight for, he is eager not to allow the situation to sidetrack his side.

"Joe Hart is a good goalkeeper, who next year could be an important goalkeeper for England and Manchester City," said Mancini.

"He is only young and probably he will stay with us. But it is not an important issue just now.

"We must concentrate on our games and stick with what is happening this season."

Ireland

Meanwhile, Stephen Ireland has been ruled out of City's Premier League trip to Burnley with an ankle injury.

The midfielder missed Monday's victory over Wigan but Mancini hoped he would be fit in time to feature at Turf Moor.

However, Ireland has not made the progress Mancini hoped and has already been ruled out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:08 pm 

Roberto Mancini plans talks with Joe Hart over Manchester City future• Goalkeeper has impressed while on loan at Birmingham City
• 'It is important that I speak with Joe after the league finishes'
Tweet this (7)Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 8 April 2010 11.54 BST
Article history

Joe Hart has had an impressive season with Birmingham. Photograph: Nick Potts/AP

The Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini, admits he faces a dilemma regarding Joe Hart.

The Italian plans to hold talks with the 22-year-old goalkeeper at the end of the season once his successful loan spell with Birmingham ends. Hart, who has been ruled out of the match at Eastlands on Sunday as it is against his parent club, is enjoying an impressive campaign. However, keeping both City's current No1, Shay Given, and Hart happy at the club may prove difficult.

"We have a very good goalkeeper at the club in Shay Given. Shay and Joe Hart are two of the best in the Premier League, and it is important to have two good goalkeepers," said Mancini. "The Premier League season is long, and if you are playing in the Champions League, as well as the FA Cup and the League Cup, then you need the players – you need two top goalkeepers.

"It is important that I speak with Joe in the weeks after the Premier League finishes, then we will see about next season. He has worked very well at Birmingham and he has developed."

Such has been Hart's good form at Birmingham he has been tipped to win a place in England's World Cup squad. Mancini added: "Joe could be at the World Cup – he is a good, young, strong goalkeeper. Capello knows him very well now, and if he decides on Joe, then that is a good choice. I'm happy for Joe that he's doing so well but I'm also pleased that he cannot play against us on Sunday."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 pm 

we deff need to keep hart, he is a very talented keeper and young. by the time hart is 28, he will be one of the best keepers in the world, if not the best.
i suppose we could loan him again, but we CAN NOT sell him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:34 am 

Hmmm.

JOE HART POSED TO BE MANCHESTER CITY'S NO1

Joe Hart's promotion at Manchester City leaves £8million player Shay Given’s future in doubt

Sunday July 4,2010
By John Richardson

Joe Hart is poised to start the season as Manchester City’s No1 – leaving £8million Shay Given’s future in doubt.

Hart’s promotion to anchor big-spending City’s chase for honours will undoubtedly cement his position as England boss Fabio Capello’s main keeper, in succession to 39-year-old David James and Robert Green.

It’s understood that City boss Roberto Mancini has told Capello he intends to promote Hart, 23, to his first team in preference to Given, who is battling back to fitness after dislocating his shoulder in April.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:37 am 

Or...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/142820/Hart-won-t-get-game-at-Manchester-City-warns-Shay-Given/

HART WON’T GET GAME AT MANCHESTER CITY WARNS SHAY GIVEN
DAILY STAR SUNDAY

By Carl Eldrige and Steve Millar

SHAY Given has told Joe Hart he will have to make do with a place on the bench at Manchester City next season.

And that will trigger talks between England star Hart, 23, and boss Roberto Mancini over his future at the club.

Eastlands keeper Given has been sidelined with a shoulder injury which required surgery – but he resumes full training tomorrow.

And he has vowed to be back in shape to start for City when they begin their season at Spurs next month.

Hart was a hit at Birmingham City, where he spent last season on loan and has just returned from the World Cup, where he was an understudy to David James.

But Eire stopper Given, 34, is confident he will hold on to his No.1 shirt.

He said: “My aim is to be back fit and playing by the start of the season. Things are progressing well. I may have to miss one or two pre-season friendlies but I am not far away at all.

“Joe is a top young goalkeeper, a real talent and I saw what he could do before he left for Birmingham. But he’s back now and it will be good to work with him again.

“He is one for the future and no doubt now that he is back at Manchester City he has big ambitions.”

Hart has three years left on his contract and is desperate to jump ahead of Given in the pecking order. But he needs assurance from Mancini, otherwise he will look for an escape route.

Hart said: “City are a club I have been at for a long time now and a club I think a lot of. I still have to wait and see how it works out there. But the decision on my future is not up to me. I’m just a player. It’s not down to me at the end of the day. I’m contracted to City and that’s where I’m going back to. That’s the team I’m part of. It’s as *simple as that.”

Hart also wants the England jersey and knows he needs to be a club regular to succeed James for the next European campaign.

He added: “I intend to fight for the England No.1 jersey. That’s all I want to do.

“I thought David James did great in South Africa and it’s a shame it turned out how it did. We went out there to give our all and *wanting to progress in the *tournament but in the end it wasn’t the case.

“We went to South Africa to do a job but unfortunately it didn’t work out that way.”

Given backed his City team-mate to emerge as *England’s first-choice *candidate after the Three *Lions’ disastrous World Cup bid, despite being third choice behind James and Rob Green.

Fabio Capello must decide on a first-choice keeper before *England’s attempt to reach Euro 2012.

“Putting Joe in for the qualifiers would make sense,” said Given. “David James is almost 40 so by the time the next World Cup comes round he’ll be 44. The *chances of him playing in it would be small. Someone like Joe is the future for England.”

Given claims Hart will benefit by NOT *having been called upon in South Africa because his confidence would have suffered had he dropped a clanger like Green did against the USA.

“If what *happened to Green happened to Joe then it would have been him who was *lambasted and perhaps he’d never have played again, very similar to what happened to Scott Carson a few years back.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:42 am 

I suppose that if, as is rumoured, Given will not be fit for the start of the season, Hart will have to play and Given will have to fight to get back.
I don't think that Given played as well after the French Irish problem last season whilst Hart was one of the outstanding goalkeepers in the Premier league and it is a travesty and a disgrace that he did not play in the wold cup, although I bet he is now glad he didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:44 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
I suppose that if, as is rumoured, Given will not be fit for the start of the season, Hart will have to play and Given will have to fight to get back.
I don't think that Given played as well after the French Irish problem last season whilst Hart was one of the outstanding goalkeepers in the Premier league and it is a travesty and a disgrace that he did not play in the wold cup, although I bet he is now glad he didn't.

I agree, Given's been great for us but we can't risk losing Hart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
I agree, Given's been great for us but we can't risk losing Hart.

It's a great problem to have isn't it? But one that hurts my head when i think who'd rather play. Long term, Hart is going to be geat for us if we can keep him. And if he's going to be benched, after a full season of first team football and stand-put performances, then we probably can't keep him happy.

So then, do we bench Given? Seems like such a waste of a great keeper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 am 

Location: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in
I start given ahead of hart every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:57 am 

Lol.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/1072332/Boozy-Hart-in-5am-bender-36-hours-before-joining-squad.html

Goalie Joe can't hold his shots

Boozy Hart in 5am bender 36 hours before joining squad

HERE'S England goalie Joe Hart preparing for this week's vital Euro 2012 qualifier - drunkenly dancing on a bar at 3am with two blondes in a two-day bender.

His boozy antics - caught on video - will anger boss Fabio Capello and millions of fans fed up with the team's wayward stars.

Only 36 hours before meeting up with the squad for Tuesday's Wembley game against Montenegro, Hart, 23 - downed shot after shot at a karaoke stag bash in Spain. England team-mate Gareth Barry was also there.

A disgusted fan filmed plastered Hart at 3am in Lineker's bar at celeb hangout Puerto Banus. An eye-witness said: "Hart and his mates had been drinking for hours.

"They were on tequila and he was swigging a Malibu bottle. When he climbed on to the bar to sing he had to steady himself.

"He even downed a drink in one while up there. He was shouting out the words to Amy Winehouse's Valerie and seemed really keen on the blonde next to him. He had his arm around her."

At one point Hart is seen downing what looks like a Jagerbomb shot, made from superstrong Jagermeister liqueur - while pals chant "Jager Jagerbomb, Jager Jagerbomb".

The following night he was seen holding hands with a blonde on a second bender with Barry and pals at a club where they drank until 5am.

Our source added: "This time he was downing pink champagne and seemed drunk."

Hart - about to sign a new £90,000-a-week contract with his club Manchester City - has a long term girlfriend, Kimberley Crew.

Hart's wild display comes just a month after Spurs manager Harry Redknapp slammed England's stars. "There's one common problem - it's called drink," he said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:15 am 

That's very embarrassing. He can't sing well at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 am 

I love these kind of reports. Will people really be "disgusted"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:48 am 

Squidge wrote:
The following night he was seen holding hands with a blonde on a second bender with Barry and pals at a club where they drank until 5am.

I am disgusted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:11 pm 

36 hours, that's a day and a half and he's 23 years old. I'd be disgusted if he couldn't get away with it. And look how much fun he's having, he definitely made the right choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:27 pm 

it's an england game, who gives two fucks if he rolls onto the pitch swigging laurent perrier or not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next