Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Stevan Jovetic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:11 am 

See no other choice than him leaving now.

Stevan Jovetic is adamant he is good enough for the Champions League and will consider in summer whether he wants to stay at Manchester City.

The Montenegrin striker was Manuel Pellegrini's fall-guy for the knockout stages of the European competition, dropped from the Blues' squad to accommodate new signing Wilfried Bony.

The City manager made clear that he thought the decision was "best for the squad" - but Jovetic does not agree.

“I deserve to play in the Champions League. I know that," he said. "The manager has killed me with this decision. I feel I deserve my place and other people have told me the same.

“People have told me I am a great player, but it is clear that the manager doesn’t think the same way. I am very disappointed, even now. I don’t think it was a good decision – or the right decision.

“I know that I deserve to be on the list. I told the manager this, but he didn’t want to listen to me. I came here to play in the Champions League.

“I have spent all week thinking about it and when we play Barcelona I think it will be very difficult for me.

“I think I helped the team get through the group and, because of that, I am very unhappy that I am out.

“This year, every time I have played, I think I have done well. I have score five goals in the Premier League without having too many minutes on the pitch.

See how often Jovetic played in the Champions League group stage this season.

VIEW GALLERY
“I know that we can all have disappointments – that’s football – but I am hurting really bad right now.

“Of course, the squad has been made smaller, but the club knew this at the start of the season. I don’t feel I have had a chance. Okay, I have had injuries but so have other players.”

Jovetic came to City from Italian side Fiorentina, and interest in the player from Serie A has seemingly not waned.

Juventus are among the clubs linked with a move for the 25-year-old striker and while the player has not set himself for leaving City yet, he will make a choice in summer.

“I have not made any decision about my future," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"I will wait until the summer then we will see. But the manager has put other players ahead of me, so maybe this is a message about what he wants to do.

“It is difficult to be focused when something like this happens, but I am a professional and I want to show that I can still play a big part this season. This is a bad time for me, but I am working hard and I will be there for the team.”

The signing of Bony left me with a sour taste in my mouth as soon as we signed him.

I feel for Jovetic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:42 pm 

Could have left Boyatta out except he counts as homegrown

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:56 pm 

Haven't been convinced by Jovetic tbh. Balotelli levels of hot and cold.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:10 am 

Bastard wrote:

No nor have I, and he is obviously talented but we just haven't seen the best of him. Interestingly enough he and Mario have an almost identical strike rate of a 0.38 goals per game for City and yet it feels like Mario has been more successful.

I felt the time for Stevan to stand up was when we had Aguero and Dzeko both injured, he had one game where he scored 2 and then....nada. I don't want him to leave but I can't see him being happy with 4th choice striker. Could be 5th if we get Alvaro back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:35 am 

I like him and i'm not entirely sure why to be honest. I'm ok with him leaving though... 24 million or whatever he costs could be used to buy a winger/striker* that is not injured 75% of the season.

*Reus/Icardi...or even Sterling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:18 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Bastard wrote:

No nor have I, and he is obviously talented but we just haven't seen the best of him. Interestingly enough he and Mario have an almost identical strike rate of a 0.38 goals per game for City and yet it feels like Mario has been more successful.

I felt the time for Stevan to stand up was when we had Aguero and Dzeko both injured, he had one game where he scored 2 and then....nada. I don't want him to leave but I can't see him being happy with 4th choice striker. Could be 5th if we get Alvaro back.

because if balotelli wasn't scoring he was being entertaining. also he set up that goal, and seemed to delight in fucking off the rags. not been convinced at all by stevan, he looks like he should be achieving more than he has done with us tbh... moves start out threatening but then sort of fizzles and fuck all comes of it, mostly from running into a brick wall. maybe he thinks he's playing with his fifa 2014 representation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:23 pm 

Jovetic is like Samson, lost his powers when he cut his hair.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:31 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Could be 5th if we get Alvaro back.

He won't be back. That money's already gone into the FFP pot to cover a chunk of the £45m we spent on Mangala. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm 

I fucking miss Neggers. he brought so much joy in such a short time. :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:19 am 

I don't like Jovetic and he can fuck-off for me. He's not half as good as he thinks he is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:11 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:
Bastard wrote:

because if balotelli wasn't scoring he was being entertaining. also he set up that goal, and seemed to delight in fucking off the rags. not been convinced at all by stevan, he looks like he should be achieving more than he has done with us tbh... moves start out threatening but then sort of fizzles and fuck all comes of it, mostly from running into a brick wall. maybe he thinks he's playing with his fifa 2014 representation.

He tries to keep the ball for too long. At the beginning of the season I thought it was because he hadn't had time to fit in with the rest of the team, but he still hasn't improved. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:33 pm 

Khabom wrote:
I don't like Jovetic and he can fuck-off for me. He's not half as good as he thinks he is.

Oh yes, this too. He thinks he's Messi, or George Michael or some shit. :shifty:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:38 pm 

self belief is one thing, but he really doesn't back it up with contribution or goals. there is a reason he was dropped for bony.

also not the best idea going to the press with anything other "of course i'm disappointed, i'll have to kick on and show why i deserve a place in the remaining games this season"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:22 pm 

He's gone. Tata.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:51 am 

Gormless looking too. No place for him in this side.

Bye.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:33 pm 

Dzeko next please. Two cunts who contributed next to fuck all last season. :violin: