Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 83  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:57 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Ahhhh I see overt racism has found us again.

In fairness, this forum hasn't seen this much action in months.

City fans, not happy unless we are moaning. :p

:8ball:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:19 pm 

I wish this fella was one of the coaches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:46 pm 

The panel on SS are giving some right now..
the guy asked a question of champagne charlie Nicolas and he replied .
"How dare he! "..

Its like the ex pro's have taken this personally..even merson was on the money...

But le tiss, made a great point, that no way can mancini paly him ever again.
As it would utterly undermine his position as manager, and that is spot on imo..

Apparently zabs became the middle man, and it seems he really is the person we think he is...

flying colours zabs, much respect..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 pm 

Even Fifa's backing us the cnut has gone too far.

http://www.football365.com/manchester-city/7209174/FIFA-VP

Tevez: Attitude has caused uproar

City boss Roberto Mancini claimed last night that the Argentina striker refused to come on as a substitute in the Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich, although the player has since denied that.

There appears to be no chance of reconciliation though, with Mancini already on record as saying Tevez's career at the club is over as long as he gets his way.

How exactly that would happen is harder to predict.

Tevez was available for transfer during the summer without any viable takers emerging and his recent actions have hardly made him a more appealing prospect.

That leaves the option of disciplinary action and the potential for cancelling his contract or seeking a ban.

Boyce, speaking in a personal capacity, would be happy to back any such move.

"If he has done what has been said, and it appears there is no doubt about it - no matter what has been said this morning - then I think his club would be better off without him," he told Sky Sports News.

"If Manchester City Football Club prove it, write to FIFA and state the exact circumstances that happened last night then I believe FIFA should have the power, as they do for drugs-related cases and other cases, to ban the player from taking an active part in football.

"I would have no problem with that whatsoever. It hasn't occurred before but I think what happened last night was despicable."

Boyce, who is life president of the Irish Football Association, also said the game's governing body would be within their rights to prevent him signing for a rival club if City opted to release him.

"If this player did what he has been accused of doing, then if Manchester City were to release him tonight I don't think it would be right if he could go and earn a considerable amount of money somewhere else next week," added Boyce.

"I would have no problems if some sanctions were imposed by FIFA in that respect.

"People within the clubs and within the top level of FIFA have to consider that. If Carlos Tevez does it, who's to stop someone else doing it the next week or the week after?"

Former Bayern and Germany midfielder Stefan Effenberg believes Mancini is right to throw Tevez out of his squad.

Effenberg, who captained the Bavarian side to their last Champions League triumph in 2001 and now a pundit on Germany's Sky television, said: "That player would never play in the same club as me again.

"There is a clear order from the coach and he disregards it. That is poor behaviour and the club has got to come down hard on it."

According to Effenberg, Tevez will also now have problems finding another employer who would still be keen on him after the incident.

He added: "Other clubs are going to have to consider whether they want to sign a player with such a character.

"You just don't do something like that. It is disrespectful to your team-mates and is not just in spite of the coach, but in spite of the whole team. I hope they actually go through with what Mancini says and that he never plays for the club again."

Meanwhile, leading employment lawyer Howard Hymanson, head of the employment practice at Harbottle & Lewis, has claimed the club could make up any shortfall transfer fee by suing the player for damages.

Hymanson said: "If the club retains Mr Tevez's services and looks to ship him out in the January transfer market, it faces the likelihood of receiving a significantly reduced transfer fee because of the player's general conduct and overwhelming desire to be away from the club.

"Keeping Tevez therefore will mean that the club will, in any event, take a significant loss from what they may regard as being his true transfer value.

"However, it may be that the club chooses to make an example of Tevez and dismiss him for gross misconduct and sue him in damages for the losses which it would sustain on receiving no transfer fee.

"Arguably, these losses are a foreseeable result of his alleged refusal to play, if that was indeed the case.

"Presumably, he will be good for the money if sued, given the vast sums that he has earned through his footballing career."

City could face legal action regardless of how they respond to last night's events, according to the head of Burlingtons LLP's sports law department, and partner, Katie Simmonds.

She said: "Man City are likely to weigh up whether or not Tevez's alleged breach of his playing contract warrants premature termination.

"Careful consideration will need to be given as to whether this will leave them exposed to a potential employment claim from Tevez, including wrongful and/or unfair dismissal.

"Given the speed in which Tevez has released his statement explaining the position, any early termination of his playing contract would have to be well conceived in order to protect the club's position, as they will need to justify that such drastic action is reasonable.

"I would be surprised if Man City adopted a hardline approach and sued one of their players for breach of employment contract as this would have a devastating effect on team morale."

Simmonds also warned taking no action was fraught with danger, adding: "If it transpires that Tevez refused to play and he walks away from this episode without fine or sanction then this will undermine Mancini, potentially making his position at the club untenable.

"Worse-case scenario, if this led to Mancini resigning then potentially this could leave Man City open to an employment claim for constructive dismissal.

"The owners will have a tough balancing act of dealing with issues of employment, contract and, undoubtedly, egos to ensure that the club's reputation remains intact.

"The world of football and sport at large will be watching Man City's reaction to these events which could set a dangerous precedent in affording players too much power."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:06 pm 

OS says he's suspended

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:08 pm 

He can fuck off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:01 pm 

Been suspended for maximum 2 weeks, just broke at the end of the Chelsea game on ITV, Not allowed to train and not allowed at the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 pm 

What a c*nt. I could take the transfer requests and what not because I thought if he stays, we know he'll put the effort in on the pitch because that's what he does.

Well he can get fucked now. The massive massive massive fucking twat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:46 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Even Fifa's backing us the cnut has gone too far.

http://www.football365.com/manchester-city/7209174/FIFA-VP

Tevez: Attitude has caused uproar

City boss Roberto Mancini claimed last night that the Argentina striker refused to come on as a substitute in the Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich, although the player has since denied that.

There appears to be no chance of reconciliation though, with Mancini already on record as saying Tevez's career at the club is over as long as he gets his way.

How exactly that would happen is harder to predict.

Tevez was available for transfer during the summer without any viable takers emerging and his recent actions have hardly made him a more appealing prospect.

That leaves the option of disciplinary action and the potential for cancelling his contract or seeking a ban.

Boyce, speaking in a personal capacity, would be happy to back any such move.

"If he has done what has been said, and it appears there is no doubt about it - no matter what has been said this morning - then I think his club would be better off without him," he told Sky Sports News.

"If Manchester City Football Club prove it, write to FIFA and state the exact circumstances that happened last night then I believe FIFA should have the power, as they do for drugs-related cases and other cases, to ban the player from taking an active part in football.

"I would have no problem with that whatsoever. It hasn't occurred before but I think what happened last night was despicable."

Boyce, who is life president of the Irish Football Association, also said the game's governing body would be within their rights to prevent him signing for a rival club if City opted to release him.

"If this player did what he has been accused of doing, then if Manchester City were to release him tonight I don't think it would be right if he could go and earn a considerable amount of money somewhere else next week," added Boyce.

"I would have no problems if some sanctions were imposed by FIFA in that respect.

"People within the clubs and within the top level of FIFA have to consider that. If Carlos Tevez does it, who's to stop someone else doing it the next week or the week after?"

Former Bayern and Germany midfielder Stefan Effenberg believes Mancini is right to throw Tevez out of his squad.

Effenberg, who captained the Bavarian side to their last Champions League triumph in 2001 and now a pundit on Germany's Sky television, said: "That player would never play in the same club as me again.

"There is a clear order from the coach and he disregards it. That is poor behaviour and the club has got to come down hard on it."

According to Effenberg, Tevez will also now have problems finding another employer who would still be keen on him after the incident.

He added: "Other clubs are going to have to consider whether they want to sign a player with such a character.

"You just don't do something like that. It is disrespectful to your team-mates and is not just in spite of the coach, but in spite of the whole team. I hope they actually go through with what Mancini says and that he never plays for the club again."

Meanwhile, leading employment lawyer Howard Hymanson, head of the employment practice at Harbottle & Lewis, has claimed the club could make up any shortfall transfer fee by suing the player for damages.

Hymanson said: "If the club retains Mr Tevez's services and looks to ship him out in the January transfer market, it faces the likelihood of receiving a significantly reduced transfer fee because of the player's general conduct and overwhelming desire to be away from the club.

"Keeping Tevez therefore will mean that the club will, in any event, take a significant loss from what they may regard as being his true transfer value.

"However, it may be that the club chooses to make an example of Tevez and dismiss him for gross misconduct and sue him in damages for the losses which it would sustain on receiving no transfer fee.

"Arguably, these losses are a foreseeable result of his alleged refusal to play, if that was indeed the case.

"Presumably, he will be good for the money if sued, given the vast sums that he has earned through his footballing career."

City could face legal action regardless of how they respond to last night's events, according to the head of Burlingtons LLP's sports law department, and partner, Katie Simmonds.

She said: "Man City are likely to weigh up whether or not Tevez's alleged breach of his playing contract warrants premature termination.

"Careful consideration will need to be given as to whether this will leave them exposed to a potential employment claim from Tevez, including wrongful and/or unfair dismissal.

"Given the speed in which Tevez has released his statement explaining the position, any early termination of his playing contract would have to be well conceived in order to protect the club's position, as they will need to justify that such drastic action is reasonable.

"I would be surprised if Man City adopted a hardline approach and sued one of their players for breach of employment contract as this would have a devastating effect on team morale."

Simmonds also warned taking no action was fraught with danger, adding: "If it transpires that Tevez refused to play and he walks away from this episode without fine or sanction then this will undermine Mancini, potentially making his position at the club untenable.

"Worse-case scenario, if this led to Mancini resigning then potentially this could leave Man City open to an employment claim for constructive dismissal.

"The owners will have a tough balancing act of dealing with issues of employment, contract and, undoubtedly, egos to ensure that the club's reputation remains intact.

"The world of football and sport at large will be watching Man City's reaction to these events which could set a dangerous precedent in affording players too much power."

i appreciate what boyce has said but he has no bite behind his bark.....he is just a fifa stooge and i cant see sepp bastard backing him up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:09 pm 

An Irish club have offered to Take Carlos off our hands for a season long loan. Limavady United

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:58 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
An Irish club have offered to Take Carlos off our hands for a season long loan. Limavady United

as bad as that sounds its still to good for the bastard:whistle:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:26 am 

if that bastard kia is on the keys & gray show today i will love to see if gray is as outspoken as he was yesterday, i doubt it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:58 am 

two week suspension and £500k fine.

plus the lawyers are poring over his contract to find ways to fuck him and not leave us open to a claim of wrongful dismissal. seems we're also looking for ways to prevent him playing for the length of his supposed contract should we fire the bastard and sue him.

think you've fucked up a bit here carlos. obviously this was dreamed up by the little retard himself, because it lacks the sophistication of anything that kia would have advised. his damage limitation statement yesterday morning had all the hallmarks of his handler, whereas his post-match interview was all teveth.

i'm quite liking the way that all the former footballers are aghast at what he has done. there seems to be a lot siding with us against the frankly atrocious behaviour of a footballer refusing to play. there's still the obvious "millionaire prima donnas assembled at cost" shite of course, but also the recognition that he is paid handsomely, is playing for a team challenging for honours, was given the opportunity to leave if anyone came in and offered his market value, and that he has been afforded a lot of leeway in his personal life. basically - this is no "slave" situation, we are not being unreasonable or keeping him out of belligerence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:01 am 

The only person I've seen defend him is Hughes:rolleyes: I wonder why:rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Sorry BBC:rolleyes:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:07 am 

Winston_Smith wrote:
The only person I've seen defend him is Hughes:rolleyes: I wonder why:rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Sorry BBC:rolleyes:)

hmm. odd that innit. then again hughes is a welsh munich wanker so can go fuck himself.

i worry that de jong is also using that shiteyed devious bastard as an agent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:54 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
hmm. odd that innit. then again hughes is a welsh munich wanker so can go fuck himself.

i worry that de jong is also using that shiteyed devious bastard as an agent.

He's not even allowed to be an agent he's an "advisor". How he gets away with it is a joke but who's gonna tell him he's too corrupt to be involved in football? Blatter, Platini......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:11 am 

Manchester City try to take the heat out of Carlos Tevez trauma• David Platt, Roberto Mancini's No2, calls for calm
• Little sympathy for Tevez from players

Tweet this

reddit this Daniel Taylor guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 28 September 2011 23.01 BST Article history
David Platt is driven away from Manchester airport after Manchester City's 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich in Germany. Photograph: Dave Thompson/PA
The mood was epitomised by David Platt's reaction when he was asked whether Roberto Mancini needed to reassert his authority at Manchester City. The question struck a nerve. "What do you mean?" Platt wanted to know. "It is not about reasserting authority within the dressing room. It is about dealing with this situation. Why is it about reasserting authority?"

Mancini's friend and ally, effectively second-in-command at City, was visibly angry – "we are all very hot at this moment" – as he reflected on the events inside the Allianz Arena in Munich.

"Roberto is dealing with it in the way he thinks is right, and I think he is right," he said. "The pictures are on the television, so what else can he do? Come out and lie? He has told it as it is, full stop, and that is where we are now. On Friday [Mancini's next press conference] he will be asked more questions and we can go from there. At least he will have had time to assess things in a little bit more detail by then."

However, nobody behind the scenes at City expects Mancini to change his mind and, for Tevez, there is little in the way of sympathy, even from the team-mates with whom he is closest.

Pablo Zabaleta and Sergio Agüero, the club's other Argentinians, offered support, but only to a point. Nobody appears prepared to take sides with the man who refused to play as a second-half substitute in a defeat that leaves City with only one point from their opening two Champions League games.

"It is Roberto who is in charge," Agüero said. "He puts through his opinions and ideas and makes his decisions, and we have to go with it.

"Carlos is a great player, but I am not inside his mind and I don't know his thoughts and opinions. All I know is that he didn't want to play. It makes me sad. Carlos is not playing so much right now, but there are other players who are not playing either. We have too many players for everyone to play every week and we need to accept we are going be on the bench sometimes. We always have to think of the team."

After being so strident directly after the match, Mancini was not prepared to offer his latest opinions. "I don't think he would be shouting from the rooftops even if you did speak to him," Platt said. "We need to allow things to unfold, calm down and look at it from a million perspectives, if that is what is needed."

Zabaleta struck a similar theme. "It's a difficult moment, but we need to be calm. It was a difficult night for us and everybody is very excited. We need to turn the page and look forward to the next game against Blackburn."

Of all the players, Zabaleta was probably the most supportive of Tevez. "We need to try to help Carlos. He has been a really important player for us in the last two years and this season he has had a lot of games on the bench.

"Sometimes that is difficult, especially for strikers who need to play, need to score, need to feel confidence. I know Carlos and sometimes the decision is very difficult for him."

Tevez's refusal to play, with City losing 2-0, apparently stemmed from his displeasure a little earlier in the second half when Mancini had overlooked him by replacing the striker Edin Dzeko with Nigel de Jong, a defence-minded midfielder.

"There are a lot of emotions going on," De Jong said. "There is a lot of pressure on the players and staff and these things happen sometimes. There are always bust‑ups and things like that in dressing rooms. It happens at all the big clubs, not only us. Barcelona, Real Madrid – you have things happening behind the scenes, too."

Agüero would not accept the differences between Mancini and Tevez were irretrievable – "they are two grown men, and maybe they will sort it out" – but De Jong said the more important thing was that it was settled quickly.

"We can't continue talking about the same things for weeks and weeks," he said. "Everyone knows what's happening at Manchester City because it's Manchester City, especially when things like this happen, but we have to keep ourselves focused."

What is increasingly clear is that the supporters have almost unanimously taken Mancini's side. Kevin Parker, the general secretary of the official supporters' club, said: "Tevez has had a great relationship with the fans, but will that continue now? Absolutely not. His relationship with the fans is in tatters. They never want him to wear a City shirt again.

"If there was some way the club could cancel his contract but retain his registration, preventing him from playing for someone else, I would like that to happen. Then he would be taught a lesson – not only him but other footballers around the country - that it doesn't matter who you play for, the club always have to come first."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:16 am 

I have the shittest feeling giving the result on Saturday this little Fuckers tantrums could either unite the players or Fuck up this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:22 am 

We'll be alright, it's City.

I hope at the weekend there's plenty of displays of support for Mancini. I'd love to go but it's sold out. Don't suppose anyone needs to get shot of a couple of tickets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 am 

I hope the lawyers on our side are good. Lawyers always want to drag things out in order to increase their fees. If you have the richest club inthe country v the highest paid player in the country then the lawyers will be rubbing their hands with glee.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 83  Next