Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
I have read the first 2 chapters of Emigre's book.
Amusing but a touch wordy.

Ha - I observed the average word in that brief synopsis is about 15 letters :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:48 pm 

I have read the first 2 - 3 pages, I will be acquiring and reading a copy. It certainly gets along at a good rate of verbosity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:16 pm 

Lots of hilarious hysterical comments on the Sky article about the drugs test

utd v barca wrote:
I Cant believe he got six months for taking a banned substance when Ferdinand go 7 for missing a test then taking and passing a few days after. More Proof the FA hates UTD. Same with Mutu before and several conference players. Consistency is the Key and the FA have none.

utd we stand wrote:
To be honest, nothing surprises me from an FA perspective anymore!! Surely something will be done this time as this ban is a joke. After all this is a FAILED DRUG TEST!!!! Respect the ref is all well and good, but it is hard for players and managers to take that seriously when the FA clearly DONT EVEN RESPECT THE GAME!!

manu58 wrote:
That's rubbish, gets 6 months, serves 3 months 3 weeks and 21/2 months closed season.Wheres the sense in banning for 6 months when the season closes for the summer.His ban should have been the time allready served plus 3 months into the new season.Rio ferdinand got 8 months for not turning up for drugs test but offered to do it 1/2 hour later but authorities would not come back...F. A. are fools except T.B.FIFA is corrupt Get some real profesionals in to do the jobs of these so called leaders of the game. YOU LOT ARE BRINGING FOOTBALL DOWN.PUT TREVOR BROOKING IN SEPP BLATTERS PLACE.

If the punishment for missing a test was less than failing one, everyone who would fail would just miss the test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:30 pm 

Quote:
More Proof the FA hates UTD.

Yeh, you're victimised as united fans, regularly dealt a rough hand by the FA. :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:23 pm 

i'll give them a rough [S]hand[/S] fisting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 am 

Given that Kolo's problem seems to be a psychological obsession with his weight, will he be greeted with chants of: "You fat bastard" on his return to action. :approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:53 pm 

Yes, he almost certainly will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:55 pm 

He became paranoid about his 'belly' apparently :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:55 am 

Football transfer rumours: Rio Ferdinand to Spurs?Today's tittle-tattle lived to tell the tale

reddit this Tom Lutz guardian.co.uk, Monday 31 October 2011 08.51 GMT Article history Continuity has been elusive for Manchester United this season with the preferred centre-halves Rio Ferdinand, above, and Nemanja Vidic playing together in the Premier League for only 52 minutes. Photograph: Andrew Yates/AFP/Getty Images
Bad news for Kolo Touré today, readers. McDonald's have raised the price of Big Ma... Manchester City want to take away his image rights following his failed drugs test, according to the Mirror, something that could cost the defender £1.5m. Touré is so angry with the row over the rights – which give the owner access to vast archives of Kolo sitting in the stands in a suit looking a bit fed up – that he's threatening to leave City. Kolo's brother, Yaya, isn't too happy about the situation either, according to the Mirror, but won't leave because it is City suits rather than Roberto Mancini who are behind the ruling.

Maybe Kolo should start reading caughtoffside.com because they reckon Arsène Wenger wants some defenders to play in defence rather than Per Mertesacker. All this means Arsenal will snap up Touré in January and give him a Polaroid to take as many pictures of himself as he wants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 am 

Is anyone else feeling a bit disillusioned with the reports that Kolo's been fined 6 weeks' wages over this drugs ban? I know the papers reporting on it are hardly reliable, but I can't understand why the club's taken such heavy action against him - especially now, given that he's already served his ban and the whole thing was an accident in the first place...? What do we gain from this, other than a wafer thin amount of legal traction against Tevez, should that situation continue to develop? I still think he's a better defender than Lescott, and would prefer him to be partnering Vinnie in defence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 am 

(the article: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/218553/Manchester-City-ace-Kolo-Toure-to-get-six-weeks-pay-fine/)

MANCHESTER CITY ACE KOLO TOURE TO GET SIX WEEKS' PAY FINE
ABOVE: Manchester City defender Kolo Toure is facing a £600,000 fine for his failed drugs test Manchester City defender Kolo Toure is facing a £600,000 fine for his failed drugs test
1st November 2011 By Jeremy Cross

KOLO TOURE is facing a £600,000 fine for his failed drugs test.

The Manchester City defender attended a two-hour disciplinary hearing with club officials yesterday after being banned by the FA for six months in March.

The Premier League leaders have seven days to inform Toure of their decision, but are expected to hit him with a six-week fine for gross misconduct.

City stood by the £100,000-a-week star and honoured his contract in full while he was suspended.

But Starsport under- stands the Blues fear a backlash from Carlos Tevez and his camp should they fail to punish Toure in accordance with his crime. Tevez was fined four weeks’ wages – up- wards of £800,000 – for refusing to warm up dur- ing his side’s Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich last month.

This was reduced to a two-week fine when the PFA intervened.

But the PFA are powerless to stop the Blues hitting Toure with an even bigger fine as it is allowed for players who have failed a drugs test.

Toure, 30, will have a fortnight to appeal.

He is expected to challenge the decision after maintaining the positive test, which detected traces of a banned substance, was unintentional and caused by taking his wife’s slimming pills.

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor said: “We presented the fact that the FA could have given him two years but only gave him six months because they took into account that it was a genuine mistake and not performance-enhancing or a diuretic to mask drug-taking.

“He also had excellent character references from Arsenal and a number of other players.

“It just seems strange that after being welcomed back to the club, reinstated as captain for Carling Cup matches, that someone has come up with this hearing.

“Instead of sending out a message that this is someone who has made a mistake and served his punishment already, they are now taking action against him again.

“He trained every day while he was off and maintained a very positive attitude, so he was shocked to find they were looking to take action against him.”

City boss Roberto Mancini has backed Mario Balotelli to come in from the cold and fire up City’s stuttering Champions League campaign against Villarreal in Spain tomorrow.

The in-form Italian comes back from a three- match ban after scoring six goals in his previous six outings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:40 pm 

From the OS

Kolo fined 6 weeks' wages

Following the conclusion of an internal disciplinary process, Manchester City Football Club can confirm that Kolo Toure has received a fine of 6 weeks’ wages which relates to doping offences committed by him earlier this year.

Kolo accepts the decision and he and the Club now wish to draw a line under this matter and focus on the season ahead.

that's a fine of £740,000... wowzers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:09 pm 

Can't really see why they nheed to fine him with him being banned etc. Claw back lost wage payments on a banned player I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:17 pm 

Yeah, having an employee on gardening leave for 6 months whilst on full pay...
I wonder why indeed:rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:05 pm 

Every little helps towards financial targets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:15 pm 

fair fucks to kolo for not running to those pfa ball bags, like a certain argie twat!!!! take your punishment and get on with it, welcome back into the fold sir:approve::approve::approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:38 pm 

I think as the other article says, they had to do it to set a common ground in the Tevez case, otherwise they would not have a legal case against Tevez.

Probably why it was now and not at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 pm 

Whats got up Kolos Arse???? has apparently launched a scathing attack on the club in the Mail tomorrow. City pick on me because i play for my country and

Also Had this to say about Savic........

"I know my qualities and I have got nothing to prove here in England. They know me here. When you look at the performance of Savic against QPR, excuse me but I am relaxed.

He's played his last game for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:39 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Whats got up Kolos Arse???? has apparently launched a scathing attack on the club in the Mail tomorrow. City pick on me because i play for my country and

Also Had this to say about Savic........

"I know my qualities and I have got nothing to prove here in England. They know me here. When you look at the performance of Savic against QPR, excuse me but I am relaxed.

He's played his last game for us.

He'll move to PSG in a few weeks. I don't really mind to be honest... but i'm worried on how this will affect Yaya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:41 am 

what the fuck?

to be honest kolo has looked shit for us for a while.

apparently the scum may be sellign vidic and wereduck in january, well, according to the metro. i'd have vidic in our squad in a heartbeat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next