Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:12 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:
Why the hell haven't we got rid of vassel yet.. what a bag of shite.

Good enough squad player versatile too, not going to get much for him so may aswel hold on to him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:17 pm 
Ad_87 wrote:
Why the hell haven't we got rid of vassel yet.. what a bag of shite.

Great squad player, very far from a bag of shite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 pm 

manchesterblue wrote:
bit harsh?

you disagree? lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:22 pm 

most important thing is he thinks onuoha can make first 11. that's a good sign i guess

http://waitforthewhistle.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Great squad player, very far from a bag of shite.

he's so past it, surely you can't argue with that.. We can do so much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:37 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:

still a great squad player

http://waitforthewhistle.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 pm 

A guy who went to the game last night-

I was at the game last night in Tegernsee. We played against some Ukraine outfit and drew O-O.

Cracking opportunity to meet and chat with the players and have some class photos done. Pride of place has to be mine with Jo bending down to fit on the same picture. hes massive. Of course the game was a bit of a secondary issue, not much to report.

Positives. Ched Evans must have impressed Hughesy with his bite and effort. Micah and Dunnie were solid at the back

Negatives..Bianchi didnt look bovvered, Boji didnt even have a kit on and spent most of the game on his mobile phone. Johnno looked knackered and unfit.

Class line of the night from Eddie Nedz..."Johnno you t***" when he gave the ball away in his own box...

City started with Hart, Onouha, Richards, Dunne, Ball, Vassell, Hamann, Johnson, Petrov, Bianchi and Corradi

Subs used. Schmeichal, Logan, Williamson, Mee, Matt Mills, Castillo. Weiss, Ireland, Evans, Garrido

Not dressed to play. Bojinov, Jo, Caicedo

Not present Corluka, Elano, Sturridge

Fair dues to all the players for stopping for a chin wag and a photo though. Great evening out. MEN a bit more notice WHERE they are playing in the future would be nice!

Weiss didnt really do much and wasnt involved much at all. Castillo played in the middle and got on the ball a lot but is so small. A dog wagging his tail in the crowd created a gust of wind that nearly knocked him off the ball.

The players all we wearing heart rate measuring belts that were being beamed back to a laptop...Mad futuristic stuff, they´ll be playing with light sabres next.

Ched Evans looked like Paul Dickov with a better first touch and more pace. Full of welsh aggression, I cant see Hughesy letting him go unless its on loan.

Bojinov told us his knee was alright, but the club Doctor told us he had had some dodgy chicken and salad and he had a stomach ache. Didnt stop him wolfing down half a box of pringles with Martin Petrov mind (didnt offer me one)

Crazyiest thing on show, Steven Irelands new look. Now that is bonkers. Bald head and mad sideburns that meet in the middle. If he doesnt want stick next year he isnt making it easy for himself!!

Its great when its so quiet you hear all the players talking. Micah Richards must have said "Chief" to Nedum about 100 times in the 1st half.

Great when City are playing on my doorstep, would have like to have watched them train too, but some newspaper in Manchester said they were near the Austrian Border (about 150 km away boys) Papers gone downhill since my Grandad worked for them in Stockport!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:40 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:

People just have a soft spot for a trier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
People just have a soft spot for a trier.

prezacly, there were few players who tried harder than Vass last season, agreed he may be knocking on a bit but as has been said he's a great squad player and with the right attitude too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:48 am 

Castillo played in the middle and got on the ball a lot but is so small. A dog wagging his tail in the crowd created a gust of wind that nearly knocked him off the ball.

:D

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:20 am 

Cant read anything into this match. It looks more like him taking a look at fringe players to see what if anything they are worth plus a training match to help fitness of nedum and Mica. Most of the first team squad are not even back yet due to euros, world cup, african cup qualifiers....

Still some dead wood to shift although we have made a good start with the players we have already moved out or released I still think the following will end up leaving this summer if we can find them new homes :

Kasper Schmeichel - Made it very clear he wants to leave.
Matthew Mills - Donny have offered £300k why havent we taken their arm off ?
Danny Mills - Recovering from a broken leg...not soon enough, we needed to get rid of this guy 3 years ago....
Rolando Bianchi - Going to take a BIG loss on this one. Hes on £50k plus a week and stands us at £8 million + scary....
Bernardo Corradi - Will anyone pay his wages ?
Georgios Samaras - £1million....I hope we didnt pay the reported £6 million for him.
Darius Vassell - Plenty of effort but simply not good enough up front or out wide for where we want to go. I honestly think the young forwards we have comming through are better.....

Danny Mills is a real problem, hes got a bad injury and I cant see anyone wanting him anyway certainly not at £35k a week. Has to go down as one of our worst signings of the last 10 years or so.

I am starting to get very worried about Franks trial as well. Looks like he could well go down and not get his money back. What happens to us then. Not worth thinking about....

We still desperately need :

- Experienced keeper as cover for hart
- A decent left back
- Quality defensive midfield player
- Right winger would love swp but players seem to be stupid and prefer pompscum...
- Centre half for cover - although we have nedum, mica, dunne and corluka that can play there along with a couple of very decent younger players comming through....

That would give us a solid looking starting 11 with reasonable cover in defense and centre midfield. WOuld still be weak cover wise on the flanks and up front How ever much we spend on forwards and even with them comming out of our ears I never seem to able to look at our forward line and see goals. I hope I am wrong !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:33 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
vass bianchi and corradi - no wonder the game ended 0-0

agree. worst attack in league at the moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:35 pm 
Louie wrote:
agree. worst attack in league at the moment

What does that mean? He played the reserves because most of the first team were unavailable. How does that equate to the worst attack in the league? I think you may be confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:44 pm 

Emigre wrote:
What does that mean? He played the reserves because most of the first team were unavailable. How does that equate to the worst attack in the league? I think you may be confused.

No I'm not.. City doesn't have a quality striker (except Benjani but he can't do it all by himself)
Vassell, Corradi, Bianchi, even Caicedo but he has to show what he knows first..
But the first three.. :eek:
Sell them and buy 1 which will do better than all 3 together on field.
Everything except these three, they are type of players that have one great game during the season, and the rest of it is just usual limited shit imo. ;)
And there is also Sturridge, give him a chance instead of these three.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:46 pm 

Louie wrote:
No I'm not.. City doesn't have a quality striker (except Benjani but he can't do it all by himself)
Vassell, Corradi, Bianchi, even Caicedo but he has to show what he knows first..
Everything except these three, they are type of players that have one great game during the season, and the rest of it is just usual limited shit imo. ;)

.....and Bojinov and Jo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:48 pm 
Louie wrote:

How long have you been watching City, only we spent 20mil on Jo. I'm guessing he's probably a 'quality striker'.

And Bojinov. Evans too. All class.

Ridiculous to say we have no quality strikers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:48 pm 
ESM wrote:
.....and Bojinov and Jo.

I'm guessing he's not been supporting City for long.*

*at all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:49 pm 

ESM wrote:
.....and Bojinov and Jo.

Still waiting for them. Season is long and I just say it would be better to buy one decent than have these three. Even if he is not for first XI. at the moment..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:50 pm 
Louie wrote:
Still waiting for them. Season is long and I just say it would be better to buy one decent than have these three. Even if he is not for first XI. at the moment..

What are you talking about? Jo is quality. Why would we buy another striker when we have 5 superb ones already in Jo, Bojinov, Benjani, Sturridge and Evans?

WUM for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:51 pm 

Just saying from what I've seen last season, especially in the second half.