Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:00 pm 

I am hoping for a win, expecting a draw but won't be surprised at a defeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:57 pm 

put the dippers to the sword, despite the meat-in-the-sandwich's claim we'll get a 1-1. reckon some players will be pissed we got beat by the eyeties and look to hand out a schooling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:33 pm 

Has he ever predicted a loss for Liverpool?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:27 pm 

probably not.

has he ever knowingly not been a cocknomming fucknut?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:33 pm 

WELL! I think he's a lovely bloke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:36 pm 

no need to get all sugary about the fucker just because he polished your ring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:00 pm 

It must be the accent. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:49 am 

Whenever Norwich have gone to the so-called big guns they have given everyone a game. So far they have done well at Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool, even if Anfield was the source of the only point.

They will go to Etihad Stadium and won't change their approach, but this is Manchester City we are talking about.

Roberto Mancini's side got away with a point at Anfield last weekend, but they changed their team completely to beat Arsenal in the Carling Cup on Tuesday. So, the lads from Sunday will be ready and they will be too strong for Norwich.

That will keep them ticking away nicely at the top of the Premier League but I cannot see them being in the Champions League beyond next week. I think they will beat Bayern Munich but Napoli will beat Villarreal, leaving City third in their group.

Prediction: 3-0

Keep to the programme knob'ead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 am 

Man City v Arsenal (1610 GMT)

City were terrific for the first 25 minutes against Chelsea and their passing and movement was great.

They just didn't get enough chances for the amount of possession they had, but they're at home and it's the biggest test Arsenal have had for a while.
Man City v Arsenal

The Gunners have been playing very well and we know how good Robin van Persie is.

Last season, the Gunners went there and won comfortably 3-0 after Dedryck Boyata got sent off early on.

I fancy City for this one though, because their Champions League exit and their defeat by Chelsea will mean they are eager to get back on track.

And if they do win, the players will be thinking they really can go on and take the Premier League title.

Prediction: 2-0

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 am 

City were terrific for the first 25 minutes against Chelsea and their passing and movement was great.

They just didn't get enough chances for the amount of possession they had, but they're at home and it's the biggest test Arsenal have had for a while.
Man City v Arsenal

The Gunners have been playing very well and we know how good Robin van Persie is.

Last season, the Gunners went there and won comfortably 3-0 after Dedryck Boyata got sent off early on.

I fancy City for this one though, because their Champions League exit and their defeat by Chelsea will mean they are eager to get back on track.

And if they do win, the players will be thinking they really can go on and take the Premier League title.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:41 am 

Man City v Arsenal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:41 am 

Man City v Arsenal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:45 am 

This fixture has always had a lot riding on it in the last couple of years. I was at the Etihad Stadium when Peter Crouch got the winner to put Tottenham in the Champions League in 2010, and of course Crouch's own goal at the end of last season meant Manchester City did the same 12 months later.

I do feel that City are having a tough time at the moment - their manager Roberto Mancini is getting loads of stick for brandishing imaginary red cards and they are still missing some key players like Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure - so beating Wigan on Monday was a big win for them.

Emmanuel Adebayor cannot play for Spurs under the terms of his loan from City, which will probably compensate for them not having Kompany at the back.

Tottenham have the best midfield in the Premier League but I think Mancini will change his team to cope with that and I just think that City might sneak this.

But if Spurs do lose on Sunday, I still see them staying within sight of City at the top of the table. They have got too many good players who can create chances for them not to keep on picking up points, and they will bounce back really quickly from any defeat.

Prediction 1-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:18 am 

King feltcher has us down for a 1-0 win
kiss-of-fucking-death..

Post subject: Re: Lawro
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:25 pm 

Man City v Blackburn (1730 GMT)

After four wins out of four in February, it looks like Manchester City are going to kick on now. The most important thing about the developments in the Carlos Tevez saga this week are that, as well as Roberto Mancini, it looks like the dressing room have accepted Tevez's apology too.

Saying sorry to the board, manager, owner are all important in this but the most important dynamic in all of this is always going to be that he goes into the dressing room and they accept him back.

Now that has happened, Tevez is back up and running, and I think he will play a part for City this season. I think he will play, and he will score, and he will help them win the Premier League.

Some people might say City don't need Tevez, but they are wrong. Even if he just comes off the bench, he adds some serious firepower.

As for Blackburn, you just know Steve Kean will keep his team fighting on until the end of the season.

I can't remember too many really poor performances when they have been beaten, other than at Arsenal a few weeks ago when they were down to 10 men, and they are the most competitive of all the teams at the bottom.

They score goals and I have a sneaky feeling that they have got the best chance of getting out of trouble.

I can't see them getting anything at the Etihad Stadium, however. City generally give the opposition very little and I think they will win pretty comfortably.

Prediction: 3-1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:14 pm 

Swansea v Man City (1400 GMT)

Swansea returned to winning ways against Wigan last week in what was a really important victory for them on the back of some poor results.

Well done to them for stopping that slide but it is a big ask for them to get another three points here. Since Yaya Toure has come back from the Africa Cup of Nations, Manchester City have just found a different gear.

In their last two home games, against Blackburn and Bolton, City won so comfortably that large parts of those matches looked like training games.

The good thing for City in the title run-in is that they have lots of attacking options and when Carlos Tevez comes back to full fitness they will have even more.

And, as good as Swansea are at home and as well as they competed for long spells when they came to Eastlands at the start of the season, I can only see one outcome here.

Prediction: 0-2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:23 pm 

jeffreyf16 wrote:
did you hear the shocking news? Silva has had an accident?

http://tinyurl.com/

If its not on the man city web site or sky sports news, you have got no chance of that link being clicked by anyone..

:obscene-birdiedoublered:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:51 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
jeffreyf16 wrote:
did you hear the shocking news? Silva has had an accident?

http://tinyurl.com/

If its not on the man city web site or sky sports news, you have got no chance of that link being clicked by anyone..

:obscene-birdiedoublered:

lol yeah right.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:02 am 

Norwich v Man City (1245 BST)

This is a really tricky game for Manchester City.

They had a really good win over West Brom on Wednesday, and Manchester United's defeat at Wigan made it a great night for them.

But that just shows you that things should be a lot closer at the top of the table, and City will know that those dropped points against Sunderland, Stoke and Swansea have cost them a lot in what has otherwise been a very good season.

Norwich did very well against Tottenham on Monday, and they seemed to realise quickly that Spurs were nervy. They got in their face and, despite the odd scare, I thought Paul Lambert's side thoroughly deserved their victory.

The Canaries are at home and Carrow Road will be rocking for this one but I think we will see City's late rally continue.

In many ways, having Mario Balotelli suspended after his red card in their defeat by Arsenal and not being involved has been a bonus for them. He had become the story and that should not have happened, because if you are trying to win the title for the first time you need to have everyone pulling in the same direction.

Prediction: 1-2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:49 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
Norwich v Man City (1245 BST)

This is a really tricky game for Manchester City.

They had a really good win over West Brom on Wednesday, and Manchester United's defeat at Wigan made it a great night for them.

But that just shows you that things should be a lot closer at the top of the table, and City will know that those dropped points against Sunderland, Stoke and Swansea have cost them a lot in what has otherwise been a very good season.

Norwich did very well against Tottenham on Monday, and they seemed to realise quickly that Spurs were nervy. They got in their face and, despite the odd scare, I thought Paul Lambert's side thoroughly deserved their victory.

The Canaries are at home and Carrow Road will be rocking for this one but I think we will see City's late rally continue.

In many ways, having Mario Balotelli suspended after his red card in their defeat by Arsenal and not being involved has been a bonus for them. He had become the story and that should not have happened, because if you are trying to win the title for the first time you need to have everyone pulling in the same direction.

Prediction: 1-2

And United will think 'God, if only we hadn't dropped points to Newcastle, Blackburn and Wigan, we'd be well clear'. This media narrative where United winning the league would be solely due to City's incompetence is really starting to grind.

I know he was being reckless but I don't think the Arsenal game was a case of Balotelli not trying to pull in the same direction as the team - more a case of him not being able to tackle very well. It's odd how there's so much of a witch-hunt now when only three months ago he was apparently many non-City fans' favourite City player. Admittedly Lawro and Hansen have always hated him, but then Balotelli isn't Liverpudlian, is he?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next