Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:58 am 

I assumed that was an 'in-joke' for all of football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:00 am 

Squidge wrote:
I assumed that was an 'in-joke' for all of football.

Wouldn't that require Lawro to have some degree of wit?

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:09 am 

Labmonkey wrote:
Wouldn't that require Lawro to have some degree of wit?

Yeah, it falls down there tbf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 am 

Squidge wrote:
Yeah, it falls down there tbf.

Hmm, which just leaves us with option B, that he is a know-nothing twat. Occam's razor in action :cool:

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:14 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Andre Marriner wil be the ref and once again the 4th official is atkinson.

To be honest, I'm just chuffed it's not Howard Webb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:38 am 

Man City v Stoke City (FA Cup final)

Manchester City's win over Tottenham on Tuesday means they are guaranteed at least fourth place and the qualifying rounds of the Champions League, which is what their manager Roberto Mancini said he wanted at the start of the season.

Winning the FA Cup would cap a successful campaign, and Mancini's cause is definitely boosted by the fact Carlos Tevez is fit again and likely to feature.

I expect Manchester City to win too, because they have got experienced players who I think will produce big performances on what is obviously an important day.

Stoke are on a great run, though, and the whole club, from the chairman, manager and players to their supporters, deserve credit for their achievements and attitude.

They will work very hard and obviously make it difficult for Mancini's men, but I just think the biggest difference between the two sides is that, if it is a tight game, I can see Manchester City's bench winning it, and I don't see Stoke's doing the same - so the way Mancini can potentially change things around from the bench is why I would tip City to win.

It won't be easy for them, though. Manchester City don't seem to do anything in a straightforward manner, as we saw from how nervy they were against Spurs, so I would expect a very tense finish at Wembley.

Prediction: 2-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 am 

Lawro's such a fucking spunk harp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:47 am 

fuck off lawro you fucking spunk monkey

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:13 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Cheers Lawro you cock knocker....thats the kiss of de...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:12 am 

Bolton v Man City
Man City are on an extremely good run. They must be flying high on confidence and they've got plenty to play for still, so I can only predict an away win here.

Bolton, I think, are already on their holidays. They played quite well at Blackpool last week but they were very open and it was typical end-of-season stuff in that they were going for broke without any consideration for defence. Against City, that will only be exposed.

It's been a top season for the Eastlanders. To be fair to [manager] Roberto Mancini, he said all season that the club's aim was to earn Champions League for next season. Well, not only has he done that, he's leading City to a possible third spot, and automatic Champions League qualification as a result, and they've won the FA Cup, of course. And the only way is up for them too.

As for Bolton, I still think they have done a really good job too, even if they have just tailed off since the FA Cup semi-final defeat by Stoke.

It's not just about the results for Bolton, it's the way they've gone about games too. I think both clubs will be happy with how the campaigns have gone.

The Jizzmaster general has Fulham down for 2-1 against the arse...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:24 am 

The TWAT

Man City v Swansea (2000 BST)

The big thing for Swansea is that their manager Brendan Rodgers and most of their players are new to the Premier League and they will have to learn quickly that they will be punished for all their mistakes.

You can get away with it more in the Championship but even then they were beaten heavily away from home.

I think Swansea are really going to struggle. Are they physical enough? No. Where are their goals going to come from? They have signed a couple of strikers like Danny Graham and Leroy Lita but I'm not convinced of their attacking ability.

They are another Norwich, in that they need to beat all the teams who might be around them but I cannot see them getting anything at City.

I will be at the Etihad Stadium on Monday and I think Roberto Mancini's side will be far too powerful for the Swans. They are in the market for another couple of players before the transfer window closes and they are already up with Manchester United and Chelsea at the very top.

Mancini's problem in some games is that can be a bit negative, but that won't be a problem here.

Prediction: 2-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 am 

Lawro is such a semen sponge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:19 am 

He's a fucking scouse log icer

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:43 am 

Lower than assman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:16 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Lower than assman.

Everytime "assman" is said on here I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrp9TkMow-0

My favourite line, "so many asses, so little time"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:21 pm 

What a grade A Nugget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:00 pm 

Arse Bandit!

Bolton v Man City (1600 BST)

Both these sides started with 4-0 wins over newly-promoted sides but this is going to be a very different game.

Bolton thrashed QPR but they were facing a Premier League team who played like they were still a Championship team. Rangers gave them loads of chances, but Manchester City will not give them many.

Whether or not Sergio Aguero starts the game will tell us a lot about City boss Roberto Mancini. I was at the Etihad Stadium to see Aguero destroy Swansea, and Mancini said afterwards that he still needs to get to know his team-mates and is not fully fit.

But the only way to fix both those problems is by playing him, and he surely cannot leave him on the bench again after his performance on his debut.

Aguero was outstanding - and when he came on, the other players suddenly came to life. As a player, you know when someone is pure class and that was the reaction you saw in his team-mates.

We will have to wait and see what Mancini does with his formation in the future, because with Carlos Tevez still at the club and Samir Nasri seemingly on his way, there are a lot of players to fit in.

Mancini may well stick with his tried and trusted formula of two defensive midfielders sat into his back four, but City will have so many different people in front of them who can change games, and they might just have a little bit too much about them for Bolton.

Prediction: 1-2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Arse Bandit!

Bolton v Man City (1600 BST)

Both these sides started with 4-0 wins over newly-promoted sides but this is going to be a very different game.

Bolton thrashed QPR but they were facing a Premier League team who played like they were still a Championship team. Rangers gave them loads of chances, but Manchester City will not give them many.

Whether or not Sergio Aguero starts the game will tell us a lot about City boss Roberto Mancini. I was at the Etihad Stadium to see Aguero destroy Swansea, and Mancini said afterwards that he still needs to get to know his team-mates and is not fully fit.

But the only way to fix both those problems is by playing him, and he surely cannot leave him on the bench again after his performance on his debut.

Aguero was outstanding - and when he came on, the other players suddenly came to life. As a player, you know when someone is pure class and that was the reaction you saw in his team-mates.

We will have to wait and see what Mancini does with his formation in the future, because with Carlos Tevez still at the club and Samir Nasri seemingly on his way, there are a lot of players to fit in.

Mancini may well stick with his tried and trusted formula of two defensive midfielders sat into his back four, but City will have so many different people in front of them who can change games, and they might just have a little bit too much about them for Bolton.

Prediction: 1-2

Up hill gardener, what a jizz gargle queen..
does lawro not not sergio is a impact player from the bench...:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 pm 

Driving down M62 smoking crack, tranvestite in the front, Mark Lawrenson in the back. 2011 had him weirder and silly, so he dyed his hair and grew some man titties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:30 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Driving down M62 smoking crack, tranvestite in the front, Mark Lawrenson in the back. 2011 had him weirder and silly, so he dyed his hair and grew some man titties.

Epic boac...:D:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next