Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:57 pm 

Man City v Man Utd (2000 GMT)

One big thing for City is that Carlos Tevez is back - just look at the impact he had in the win over West Brom on Sunday.
Man City v Man Utd

With players like Yaya Toure they'll provide a major physical challenge for United, but this is the young pretenders against the people who have done it and won it on a regular basis.

United were at best average against Wolves at the weekend, but they still won, and the thing is they know how to close games off. City will make them hurry, but they're both so strong, it will be an epic fight.

Prediction: 1-1
----------------------------
Tw@t

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 pm 

Lawro's such a fucking cock socket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:46 pm 

Lawro is a feltcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 am 

Lawro takes a dump on a slice of bread - puts ketchup on it - tastes it and calls it a sausage sarnie..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:45 am 

Man City v Birmingham

Birmingham have been a little inconsistent this season. After last year's brilliant campaign they've found it a bit more difficult, and goals have been a problem for them so far.

It is a game City will be lining up for a victory and they will be confident of with the players they have available.

Prediction: 2-0

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:38 am 

Oh ffs! :mad:

Fulham v Man City (1600 GMT)

This is arguably the game of the weekend. Mark Hughes against the club he was unfortunate to get the sack from. Plus, his replacement Roberto Mancini is under a little bit of pressure.
The Italian does not seem to want to commit too many men forward or select too many attacking players to win games, which I think is a real problem. They only play three attackers. They have Gareth Barry, Yaya Toure and Nigel De Jong in midfield, who are all predominantly players who are very good at getting the ball back.
Apart from Barry, who occasionally gets a goal, they will not create too much. But they are difficult to beat, whatever you say. I think Mancini is of the mode of thinking: 'finish fourth, get the Champions League spot, job done'.
Goalkeeper Joe Hart may be injured, but with Shay Given to come in that is not going to be a blow to City. I have a sneaking suspicion that the money of Manchester City might just be too much for Fulham, as much as Mark Hughes would love to beat them.
Prediction: 1-2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:33 am 

aids-riddled dog fucker that he is, i hope he's right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:38 am 

Lawro is a bell end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 pm 

Lawro's such a dildo rack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:55 pm 

What a tit.

Manchester City V Wolves (1500) GMT

I would think that Manchester City's new £27m striker Edin Dzeko will play some part in this game. We don't know whether Roberto Mancini intends to play Dzeko and Carlos Tevez in the same team, with Tevez possibly operating behind the Bosnian international, but, if he does then that could be a very potent partnership.

Wolves got a great win over Chelsea at Molineux in their last league game but they have not been much of a threat on the road. City's record at Eastlands is not great, but they don't give many goals away either.

Prediction: 2-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:20 pm 

Banana skinable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:39 am 

Man Utd v Man City (1245 GMT)

This is a huge game for United and not only because it is the derby.

After losing their Premier League unbeaten record for the season against Wolves last week, it is important that they get back on the horse. What is worrying for United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, however, is the lack of chances they created in the second half at Molineux.

City saw off West Brom easily enough and it looks like their little run of poor form might be over. I can see this one ending in a low-scoring draw and I think City manager Roberto Mancini would be absolutely delighted with that result, as he was with a point at Arsenal.

He lined up ultra-defensively in that game at the Emirates in January, as he did against United at Eastlands in November.

It might be stating the obvious but Mancini is Italian, and when he goes into the really big matches he has an Italian mentality where he thinks 'the only thing we can't do is lose'.

He aims to have a solid base all the time in midfield and at the back and, if he needs to chase the game in the last 20 minutes he will make some substitutions, unlike Sir Alex, who will just go for it anyway. That is the difference between the two managers.

Prediction: 1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 am 

I'm prepared for a loss so no biggie if we do get beat we just need to win the next 2 home games, i hear one of Fergies up and coming stars is reffing tomorrow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:43 am 

Dutch wrote:
I'm prepared for a loss so no biggie if we do get beat we just need to win the next 2 home games, i hear one of Fergies up and coming stars is reffing tomorrow?

Oh no, who?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am 

EalingBlue wrote:
Oh no, who?

Andre Marriner wil be the ref and once again the 4th official is atkinson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am 

Ruined my day that:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 am 

From "ahem" somewhere else.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2010-11.html

Lol at him giving the dippers 20 odd points more than they actually have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:21 am 

Total Twatness confirmed.

Why brilliant David Silva could make Manchester United world beaters again
By Mark Lawrenson
Published 23:02 11/02/11

David Silva is exactly the player Manchester United need.

Whether City utilise him to full effect in today’s Manchester derby is another matter, but Silva is a beautiful player, a world-class talent who has the X-factor Sir Alex Ferguson has been missing.

Silva is right up there on a par with Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri as the Premier League’s best and most creative players.

Carlos Tevez scores City’s goals and works his socks off but is not their most creative player – that is definitely Silva.

He plays between the lines, comes forward from deep, picks a pass and creates chances for his team-mates.

Silva has the ability and *creativity that United lack in their midfield.

Michael Carrick, Anderson and Darron Gibson are good players but don’t have the same vision or invention. You get that from playing in a great Spain team, winning the World Cup and European Championship.

Silva came with a big price-tag, he is physically slight and it took him a while to settle into the Premier League.

But suddenly he has really grasped it and become City’s most influential player.

And I bet Fergie is looking at him and thinking: “Wow, I wish I had him in my team.”

Against the bigger teams, Roberto Mancini often reverts to type, leaves even his best players, like Silva, on the bench and goes to tough places looking to not get beat.

He did that at Arsenal and may do that against United at Old Trafford today.

A draw is better than a defeat, so that’s what he sets out to do. It may only change if City have to chase the game.

That’s the problem and yet you have, in City’s line-up, a wealth of attacking talent more than capable of winning even an intense Manchester derby.

The trouble is, you know that United can really drive a wedge between themselves and the rest with a victory over City.

That’s what Mancini will be anxious to avoid.

United are a terrific team and you cannot question them too much because, before losing at Wolves, they were on a fantastic unbeaten run.

But they are workmanlike. It’s not a classic Fergie team. Make no mistake about it, he sets up his teams in spectacular fashion.

The great United teams have been fabulous to watch. *Unmissable, the best in Europe.

But this United team is lacking a spark. They are missing the sort of player, like Silva, to give them that X-factor, something different and special.

If you look at Wayne Rooney and Nani, they have great ability. Dimitar Berbatov, too. But, this season, all of the components haven’t come together enough.

They’ve destroyed teams on occasion - Blackburn springs to mind.

But, by their own amazing standards, United have not hit the heights or done the spectacular.

That is a great shame because we are used to United putting on a great show and entertaining us.

Maybe they will catch light towards the end of the season.

But you can bet that Ferguson, being a manager who loves flair and skill, will be thinking of next season already and how to produce that spark.

Rooney is a key factor. He has played well without being at his best and maybe that’s slowly coming back for United.

But it will take something special to settle a Manchester derby where the winner takes it all and, with that in mind, maybe the draw will be the most likely outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:01 am 

Stopped reading when he talked about leaving Silva out at Arsenal.

He was injured ffs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 am 

Squidge wrote:
Stopped reading when he talked about leaving Silva out at Arsenal.

He was injured ffs.

Really? I stopped reading at "Michael Carrick, Anderson and Darron Gibson are good players" :D

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next