Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:11 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Did anyone see Lawro on The League Cup Show the other night doing the highlights? Fuck me he looked rough. Looked like a proper piss pot. Trampy c**t.

I saw that too.

Gary Lineker on the world cup draw show today was the same. Unshaven. Probably some kind of dare. Those wacky guys are always up to some shenanigans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:22 pm 

Bolton v Man City
Manchester City need to follow up their victory over Chelsea with another three points.

Mark Hughes' team have not lost since 20 September. They have had a lot of draws and although a lot has been made of this I don't think it is a big problem.

It is losing games that impacts on a team's confidence - but staying unbeaten keeps it intact.

I still think that they need to address how many attacking and how many defensive players they deploy in certain parts of the pitch.

They have had a week off and I think they will defeat a Bolton side that disappointed at Wolves.

The problem at Bolton over the last few years has been goals, specifically, who is going to score them?

For example, Kevin Davies is a good player and a real handful for the opposition but he is not a prolific scorer.

Verdict: 0-2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:30 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
thanks lawro, the proverbial kiss of death....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:50 pm 

Manchester City v Sunderland

Man City are back at home and that will make a difference to their performance.

We saw them just capitulate against Tottenham on Wednesday night but they're back in the comfort of Eastlands and I'll probably go against Sunderland.

Lee Cattermole is about to come back for Sunderland and I think they'd admit they've missed him, but I cannot see them winning in Manchester.

Verdict: 2-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:52 pm 

arthur7171 wrote:
Manchester City v Sunderland

Man City are back at home and that will make a difference to their performance.

We saw them just capitulate against Tottenham on Wednesday night but they're back in the comfort of Eastlands and I'll probably go against Sunderland.

Lee Cattermole is about to come back for Sunderland and I think they'd admit they've missed him, but I cannot see them winning in Manchester.

What a twat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:55 pm 

Manchester City v Stoke

Manchester City's home form is excellent and I would not be surprised if Robinho played and showed all his tricks in front of his new manager.

I don't think Saturday will be a problem for new boss Roberto Mancini - but there are the long-term issues he needs to sort out.

I'm not sure that the balance of the side has been right, especially when City do not have the ball, while there are also questions about the dressing room.

Emmanuel Adebayor's body language and the way Robinho goes missing away from home are problems that need addressing very quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:57 pm 

Wolves v Man City (1945 GMT)

This is very interesting from the point of view of team City manager Roberto Mancini will pick. City's home form is great but not so away. How does Mancini see it? Is it an Italian way in that he will start with a point which his team need to hold on and, if they can build on it, then fine? or will it be more attacking.

Wolves have been on a decent run and it was only when they went 10-men down against Liverpool that they went on to lose. There's absolutely no chance manager Mick McCarthy will rest anybody. They have enough attacking power but the problem for them is when they do not have the ball as they are vulnerable. I have a sneaky feeling they will stay up.

Verdict: 1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:09 pm 

arthur7171 wrote:
Wolves v Man City (1945 GMT)

This is very interesting from the point of view of team City manager Roberto Mancini will pick. City's home form is great but not so away. How does Mancini see it? Is it an Italian way in that he will start with a point which his team need to hold on and, if they can build on it, then fine? or will it be more attacking.

Wolves have been on a decent run and it was only when they went 10-men down against Liverpool that they went on to lose. There's absolutely no chance manager Mick McCarthy will rest anybody. They have enough attacking power but the problem for them is when they do not have the ball as they are vulnerable. I have a sneaky feeling they will stay up.

Verdict: 1-1

He;s a fucking cock!. :eek::mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 am 

HOW DID LAWRO DO LAST TIME?

Lawro's predictions
Tottenham 2-0 West Ham
Blackburn 2-1 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-1 Fulham
Everton 2-0 Burnley
Stoke 2-1 Birmingham
[color="Red"]Wolves 1-1 Man City[/color]
Aston Villa 1-1 Liverpool
Bolton 2-1 Hull
Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal
Man Utd 2-0 Wigan
Actual results
Tottenham 2-0 West Ham
Blackburn 2-2 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-1 Fulham
Everton 2-0 Burnley
Stoke 0-1 Birmingham
Wolves 0-3 Man City
Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool
Bolton 2-2 Hull
Portsmouth 1-4 Arsenal
Man Utd 5-0 Wigan

What a cnut

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:54 am 

Nutjob!!

MONDAY

Man City v Blackburn

I'm going to go for a comfortable City win here. City have real competition for places, they're already making moves in the transfer market - though I'm not sure how much impact Patrick Vieira will have for them - and they look a team on a mission.

Blackburn, on the other hand, are going through an inconsistent spell and that is exactly what they don't need as they travel to a City side that have been excellent at home all season.

Verdict: 3-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:40 pm 

Everton - Manchester City (1730)

New Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has made a very good start. There is still the argument that Mark Hughes could have won the last four games, so it's early days, but Mancini has given players a fresh start and has played quite a few people who were on the fringes. That has created a healthy competition in the squad.

City are up against an Everton team who I thought could and should have beaten Arsenal. It was a very encouraging performance. On the back of that result, I think they will give a similar display but this time get the victory.

Everton had an awful start to the season with injuries, but David Moyes didn't go on about it and they are starting to get those players back now. I can see Everton having a very good final third of the season.

Verdict: 2-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:25 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
arthur7171 wrote:
Everton - Manchester City (1730)

New Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has made a very good start. There is still the argument that Mark Hughes could have won the last four games, so it's early days, but Mancini has given players a fresh start and has played quite a few people who were on the fringes. That has created a healthy competition in the squad.

City are up against an Everton team who I thought could and should have beaten Arsenal. It was a very encouraging performance. On the back of that result, I think they will give a similar display but this time get the victory.

Everton had an awful start to the season with injuries, but David Moyes didn't go on about it and they are starting to get those players back now. I can see Everton having a very good final third of the season.

Verdict: 2-0

fancy a wager with me lawro, you turd.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:36 pm 

I don't think it will be an easy game at all

We will do well to draw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:45 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
I don't think it will be an easy game at all

We will do well to draw.

don't get too taken away with Everton, they're unbeaten in 8 but have won just one and struggled at home so I wouldn't worry too much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:53 pm 

Maybe we should put in a cheeky bid for one of their players and watch Gollum blow his top again and lose because he's too busy talking about us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 am 

think this'll be a surprisingly entertaining game and a high scoring draw

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:36 am 

As usual I have a bad feeling about this game, I think its because I am so used to City being City! So I think that this will be 2-1 to Everton :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 am 

Rikster74 wrote:
As usual I have a bad feeling about this game, I think its because I am so used to City being City! So I think that this will be 2-1 to Everton :-(

"Typical City"

We're on a roll, playing at top form, I just can't see Everton winning this game, draw is a possibility. I have a sixth sense about these things...Trust me on this one, bet 500£ for City, as did I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:27 pm 

lol !!!

He was spot on....what a * !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 pm 

Yeah!
A Ban ^^^^^
Ah Go on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next