Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:40 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:
i didnt even add the thai all star scores either!!!

This term must be in contravention of the Trades Descriptions Act.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:47 am 

Apart from the back 4 we look strong enough to beat a team thats been made up over night.

Schmeichel, Logan, Jihai(c), Williamson, Garrido, Etuhu, Hamann, Geovanni, Petrov, Caicedo, Vassell.

Subs: Martin, Trippier, McGivern, Mee, Tutte, Bojinov, D.Ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:03 pm 

hamann scored our goal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:27 pm 

This is a PR exercise which has gone swimmingly then....

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 pm 

jesus - not exactly doing a bang up job of keeping Sven in a job

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
This is a PR exercise which has gone swimmingly then....

I think so, the Thai and south China general public are now fully aware of how shit we are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:34 pm 

ESM wrote:
I think so, the Thai and south China general public are now fully aware of how shit we are.

...and in knowing that, we'll only attract the true proper fans!!! They'll buy loads of shirts ad we'll make billions!!

*rubs hands*

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
...and in knowing that, we'll only attract the true proper fans!!! They'll buy loads of shirts ad we'll make billions!!

*rubs hands*

Agreed, a true stroke of genius on Frank's part.

*looks round for a straw to clutch*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:03 pm 

ESM wrote:
Agreed, a true stroke of genius on Frank's part.

*looks round for a straw to clutch*

*finds straw*

*gives to ESM*

*puts blinkers back on*

*repeats "all is well"*

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 pm 

Beaten 3-1... Superbly consistent!

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:47 pm 

Teams:

South China: H Y Chung (Yapp 85), KH Chung (Deng 20 [Chang90]), Festus, Helio, Padilha, Stankouski (Au Yeung 76), Geovane (Yip 87), Fofo, WL Li, Cheng (c) (Liang 62), Louis.

City: Schmeichel (Martin 46), Jihai (c), Logan, Garrido (McGivern 76), Williamson (Mee 76), Vassell, Etuhu (Trippier 46), Geovanni, Hamann (Tutte), Petrov, Caicedo.

Goals: 0-1 (Hamann 15), 1-1 (Geovane 27), 2-1 (Festus 48), 3-1 (Liang 71)

Match report

The game kicked off following a moment of silence for the victims of the China earthquake, in a further mark of respect the City team, captained by Jihai Sun, wore black armbands.

Three minutes in, South China’s Geovane tested Schmeichel with a zippy drive from 20 yards which needed to be turned behind for the game’s first corner. Moments later, City pressed twice in quick succession. First Hamann found Petrov on the right with a fine ball, and the Bulgarian winger whipped in a powerful drive that just cleared the bar.

Then Felipe Caicedo snaked beyond three men before pulling his cross-cum-shot wide of the far post.

City’s early pressure paid off after 15 minutes as Sven’s men took the lead. Geovanni played in a great ball from the left, where the unlikely figure of Didi Hamann was on hand to place home a sidefooted volley from 12 yards.

Again, as in Bangkok, City took the foot off the gas in sticky conditions and on 27 minutes the hosts pulled level following their best move of the first half. Geovane applied the finish after a slick piece of interplay involving three others from the Invitational team.

Martin Petrov drew great applause from the crowd on 37 minutes after a superb 360-degree spin to beat his man, and his strong shot won a corner from which Geovanni blazed over.

The last action of the half saw Cheng run unchallenged before unleashing a low shot from the edge of the box that Schmeichel did well to hold.

Sven-Goran Eriksson made two changes at half time. Richard Martin replaced Schmeichel and promising youngster Kieran Trippier came on for Etuhu, but just three minutes after the break City went 2-1 down.

A jinking run by Stankouski led to him shooting from the edge of the box – the swerving Euro 2008 ball didn’t do Richard Martin any favours and he could only punch the ball straight out where Festus slammed it home.

On 62 minutes Geovanni released Petrov, and his hard shot only found the side-netting as City looked for a way back into the game.

It almost came two minutes later as substitute David Ball found Geovanni, who after nutmegging the defender he was forced wide and again the ball was drilled high into the side netting.

City were made to pay again for their lack of finishing just as they were in Bangkok, and in almost identical circumstances when the keeper was rounded for the third goal.

This time, substitute Liang took on Martin to the delight of the home fans to make it 3-1.

The game went away from the Blues after this and the Invitational team could celebrate a famous victory.

So the curse of the purple away shirt goes on, in what proved to be a carbon copy of the disappointing defeat in Bangkok.

South China Invitational XI 3-1 City.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:03 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Logan, Jihai(c), Williamson, Garrido <<<<< Interesting not!

WOW, Sun and Williamson as CB :confused:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:04 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Apart from the back 4 we look strong enough to beat a team thats been made up over night.

Schmeichel, Logan, Jihai(c), Williamson, Garrido, Etuhu, Hamann, Geovanni, Petrov, Caicedo, Vassell.

Subs: Martin, Trippier, McGivern, Mee, Tutte, Bojinov, D.Ball.

Did Boji and David Ball play?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:05 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
hamann scored our goal.

How was it?

Is there any highlights of the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:07 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Teams:

South China: H Y Chung (Yapp 85), KH Chung (Deng 20 [Chang90]), Festus, Helio, Padilha, Stankouski (Au Yeung 76), Geovane (Yip 87), Fofo, WL Li, Cheng (c) (Liang 62), Louis.

City: Schmeichel (Martin 46), Jihai (c), Logan, Garrido (McGivern 76), Williamson (Mee 76), Vassell, Etuhu (Trippier 46), Geovanni, Hamann (Tutte), Petrov, Caicedo.

Goals: 0-1 (Hamann 15), 1-1 (Geovane 27), 2-1 (Festus 48), 3-1 (Liang 71)

Match report

The game kicked off following a moment of silence for the victims of the China earthquake, in a further mark of respect the City team, captained by Jihai Sun, wore black armbands.

Three minutes in, South China’s Geovane tested Schmeichel with a zippy drive from 20 yards which needed to be turned behind for the game’s first corner. Moments later, City pressed twice in quick succession. First Hamann found Petrov on the right with a fine ball, and the Bulgarian winger whipped in a powerful drive that just cleared the bar.

Then Felipe Caicedo snaked beyond three men before pulling his cross-cum-shot wide of the far post.

City’s early pressure paid off after 15 minutes as Sven’s men took the lead. Geovanni played in a great ball from the left, where the unlikely figure of Didi Hamann was on hand to place home a sidefooted volley from 12 yards.

Again, as in Bangkok, City took the foot off the gas in sticky conditions and on 27 minutes the hosts pulled level following their best move of the first half. Geovane applied the finish after a slick piece of interplay involving three others from the Invitational team.

Martin Petrov drew great applause from the crowd on 37 minutes after a superb 360-degree spin to beat his man, and his strong shot won a corner from which Geovanni blazed over.

The last action of the half saw Cheng run unchallenged before unleashing a low shot from the edge of the box that Schmeichel did well to hold.

Sven-Goran Eriksson made two changes at half time. Richard Martin replaced Schmeichel and promising youngster Kieran Trippier came on for Etuhu, but just three minutes after the break City went 2-1 down.

A jinking run by Stankouski led to him shooting from the edge of the box – the swerving Euro 2008 ball didn’t do Richard Martin any favours and he could only punch the ball straight out where Festus slammed it home.

On 62 minutes Geovanni released Petrov, and his hard shot only found the side-netting as City looked for a way back into the game.

It almost came two minutes later as substitute David Ball found Geovanni, who after nutmegging the defender he was forced wide and again the ball was drilled high into the side netting.

City were made to pay again for their lack of finishing just as they were in Bangkok, and in almost identical circumstances when the keeper was rounded for the third goal.

This time, substitute Liang took on Martin to the delight of the home fans to make it 3-1.

The game went away from the Blues after this and the Invitational team could celebrate a famous victory.

So the curse of the purple away shirt goes on, in what proved to be a carbon copy of the disappointing defeat in Bangkok.

South China Invitational XI 3-1 City.

I read that in OS, why the hell sven didn't use Ball and Boji?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:19 am 

The goals

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uXz27tyz0EU&locale=en_GB&persist_locale=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:27 am 

surprise that sun jihaii was at fault/involved with 2 of the 3 goals

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:52 am 
As a tribute to the earthquake victims of the quake in China our defence was shaky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:10 am 

Emigre wrote:
As a tribute to the earthquake victims of the quake in China our defence was shaky.

Yeah and apparently after the match sun jihaii was looking for some new flatmates.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:21 am 

It doesn't do Sven's cause any good at all really. We had 1 or 2 shots against Liverpool, got hammered at the Boro & now we have been beaten TWICE by ten bob outfits in China. Maybe Thickskin is right, time for Sven to move on??

Hides behind computer waiting for the missiles to pass!!