Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 pm 

Can we sign this Brazilian?

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:09 pm 

Heres my hero brazilian.
Wanderlei silva

I love this man..sign him up, nobody fucks with us..:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:10 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:
Can we sign this Brazilian?

does she have one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:10 pm 
Benny wrote:
does she have one?

For you she has two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:20 pm 

Benny wrote:
The location made me lol:

"Ha, ha, ha, ho, ho ho, what fun it is to be a Man Utd fan now, Xmas has come early, the laffs have began, City have proved themselves to be jokers again, Hughes thought he was having Berba and ends up with a player he aint seen or spoke with, a player who 24 hours earlier pleaded to join Chelski and then decides to follow his dream of European glory in the wastlands of eastlands.....................money talks for Robinho, Hughes should have stuck to the principles of honesty he would have learned from his days with Fergie, and refused to have this mercenary at the club, but hey do I care, once again the joke is on city. Brin. Swansea."

this from the people who on their forum last night were debating whether hughes should still be regarded as a legend or not cuz he's managing us how fickle are they knobheads

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:23 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
Yup. Even with players who go to clubs 'to win things'. You can pretty naively think that such a move is solely for the euphoria of the moment of victory, medals to show, experiences to tell the grandkids about etc etc. However, if winning trophies didn't come with a potential bumper new contract, bonuses, a higher public profile, more endorsements etc, their choice of club would be much more difficult. It's not the whole of the story, but 'ambition' is an easy, noble-looking excuse for the fact that the most successful clubs have the most famous and best-paid players.

Yep. If this was true, then Man Utd could afford to give all of their players £1k a week, and they'd still play there because they want to win things.

Also, that bloke from Swansea? Well obviously, he supports Man Utd because Giggs plays there. Just like they all supported Liverpool before that because Rush played for them. Not many Newcastle fans as a result of Bellamy though, you've probably noticed. Or Birmingham fans when Savage was there. Or West Brom fans because of Koumas. Hell, if Ched Evans turns out to be class, we might have a bunch of extra fans. Not if we're not challenging for titles, of course though. :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:40 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
So you're Brazilian then? Welcome to the forum. We could have half your national team before long. We've not got that far to go actually. We've already got 3. Could have been 4 had we not got rid of Giovanni, and he was still an international. Any other great players you got that you think we should go for?

Thank you.

So, Diego and Nilmar would be nice.
Diego + Robinho + Elano would cause great damage.

BTW, Pele just denied it, he said he hasn't talked to the press since the olympics.