Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:05 am 

I didn't like it! Felt weird that someone was sat in my seat! I didn't want them to break it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:07 am 

just a rangers fan walk down Oxford Street with 'Fuck Off' tatooed on their arm - she wasn't even that nice looking either

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:09 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
Nice name.

Don't be at it Frank, i'm fuckin' English & haven't got ginger hair & terrible body odour!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:09 am 

Miss.City wrote:
I didn't like it! Felt weird that someone was sat in my seat! I didn't want them to break it! :D

Was this a worse feeling than the one you had when you realised Gensis and Rod Stewart fans would be sitting in your seat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:16 am 

this did amuse me:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7401814.stm

"We've been sat here since 12 o'clock waiting on the game coming on. The coverage started at seven o'clock and then five minutes later the game's off.

"It's an absolute shambles, shame on Manchester, shame on Manchester - it's let the country down."

Another supporter added: "The people of Manchester have been fantastic - but the officials behind this are a total disgrace.

"Some people are really angry. They've spent a lot of money - maybe £4,000 to £5,000 - to come down here for this."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

morons. but that last bit just makes you wonder.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:18 am 

Timpblue wrote:
just a rangers fan walk down Oxford Street with 'Fuck Off' tatooed on their arm - she wasn't even that nice looking either

oh come on, timps. she's probably still a bit drunk. you could have taken advantage.

errr.....actually thinking about it.....

you are lucky that she didn't think that way. :eek:

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:19 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
this did amuse me:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7401814.stm

"We've been sat here since 12 o'clock waiting on the game coming on. The coverage started at seven o'clock and then five minutes later the game's off.

"It's an absolute shambles, shame on Manchester, shame on Manchester - it's let the country down."

Another supporter added: "The people of Manchester have been fantastic - but the officials behind this are a total disgrace.

"Some people are really angry. They've spent a lot of money - maybe £4,000 to £5,000 - to come down here for this."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

morons. but that last bit just makes you wonder.

How much is the train fair? How many of them actually bought a ticket? It seems none of them stayed in any hotels. This must be the amount they spent on Carlsberg special brew and deep fried pizzas and mars bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:20 am 

slart wrote:
How much is the train fair? How many of them actually bought a ticket? It seems none of them stayed in any hotels. This must be the amount they spent on Carlsberg special brew and deep fried pizzas and mars bars.

they need their nutrition, if they are going to get some good fighting in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am 

I'll tell you one thing - from the amount of crap on Oxford Street this morning the manager of Allens Fried Chicken will never has to work again

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:33 am 

slart wrote:
Was this a worse feeling than the one you had when you realised Gensis and Rod Stewart fans would be sitting in your seat?

Ew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:57 am 

is anyone upset how they treated our city???
i am. im right bloody pissed off actually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:03 pm 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
is anyone upset how they treated our city???
i am. im right bloody pissed off actually

Surely Crewe was pretty much beyond hope prior to last night anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:05 pm 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7402561.stm

Why can't they just admit it was the Rangers fans that were at fault instead of trying to blame the Police or the other organising parties that tried their best to accommodate them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:07 pm 

I am not from Crewe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:13 pm 

In all seriousness, I don't know why you lot are so surprised and bleating on so.

We've seen over the years on many occasion both home and abroad that this type of thing is the rule, not the exception. If you want to blame anyone, blame City for bidding host the event in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:48 pm 

ESM wrote:
In all seriousness, I don't know why you lot are so surprised and bleating on so.

We've seen over the years on many occasion both home and abroad that this type of thing is the rule, not the exception. If you want to blame anyone, blame City for bidding host the event in the first place.

Can't agree, I don't think there would have been similar headlines if Fiorentina would have played instead of rangers.

Manchester as city, and our club, is more than capable of hosting such a prestigious sporting event. Should City, and Manchester not bid for further international sporting events fearing that the wrong team might qualify.

These are a few of my favourite things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:17 pm 

Jonimac wrote:
Can't agree, I don't think there would have been similar headlines if Fiorentina would have played instead of rangers.

Manchester as city, and our club, is more than capable of hosting such a prestigious sporting event. Should City, and Manchester not bid for further international sporting events fearing that the wrong team might qualify.

If ANY other largish British team had got to the final, City included, do you think it's passed without incident?? No. What if nutters like The Ultra's had been in town if Lazio had got to the final?? True what you say about it being a pity not to bid for such events because of what might happen, but you've got to be very naive indeed to think that was never going to happen or indeed happen again in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:17 pm 

ESM wrote:

Most fans so not behave like Rangers did last night. I'd like to think if Manchester CIty played in Glasgow we wouldn't carry on like that. Sky have just shown some of the trouble captured by news cameras and cctv. I hope they can pick up some of the hoolies and lock them up in Strangeways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:25 pm 

ESM wrote:
If ANY other largish British team had got to the final, City included, do you think it's passed without incident?? No. What if nutters like The Ultra's had been in town if Lazio had got to the final?? True what you say about it being a pity not to bid for such events because of what might happen, but you've got to be very naive indeed to think that was never going to happen or indeed happen again in the future.

Celtic and 'Boro have both made it to UEFA sup finals in recent years and managed not to turn the city centres of the host into a cross between a drunken gladiator pit and a midden.
Liverpool fans without tickets rushed the stadium at Istanbul (you'd think they'd know better) and now Rangers fans have disgraced themselves. The last time Rangers were in a Euro final, their captain had to hoist the trophy in front of his team mates in the dressing room toilets because their fans were rioting in the stadium.

There are twats who support City but I think the away derby proved we know how to behave when everyone is looking at us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:32 pm 

check this out - 10 coppers - 10, 000 Rnagers fans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7402858.stm

Aguero

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next