Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:34 pm 

slart wrote:
Celtic and 'Boro have both made it to UEFA sup finals in recent years and managed not to turn the city centres of the host into a cross between a drunken gladiator pit and a midden.
Liverpool fans without tickets rushed the stadium at Istanbul (you'd think they'd know better) and now Rangers fans have disgraced themselves. The last time Rangers were in a Euro final, their captain had to hoist the trophy in front of his team mates in the dressing room toilets because their fans were rioting in the stadium.

There are twats who support City but I think the away derby proved we know how to behave when everyone is looking at us.

Last night was a very rare occasion where a British team was playing the final on home soil so to speak, ergo tens of thousands of Rangers fans descended on Manchester without tickets. Reports say that on the whole the fans with tickets inside the stadium behaved. Lets also be even handed and say that it was a small minority of the 200k fans that caused bother. I think some people on here are confusing crowd trouble with a litter issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:36 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
check this out - 10 coppers - 10, 000 Rnagers fans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7402858.stm

At the end of the clip one copper loses his footing and has his head kicked in by 100 brave souls. The news story beside the clip says "Scots Tories say Manchester police overreacted to violence".

Normally, I'm very anti-police but in this case, they should have been given live ammo and told to fire at will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:37 pm 

ESM wrote:
If ANY other largish British team had got to the final, City included, do you think it's passed without incident?? No. What if nutters like The Ultra's had been in town if Lazio had got to the final?? True what you say about it being a pity not to bid for such events because of what might happen, but you've got to be very naive indeed to think that was never going to happen or indeed happen again in the future.

I'm old and ugly enough to realise trouble follows football, the screen broke Rangers rioted, a few years back they ran out of pies at Oakwell and City fans hospitalised 6 police in the violent clashes that followed.

My point was that I didn't agree with your original post, too blame City in the first place for bidding for the final, I fully expected some trouble and to be honest it could have been worse.

What has annoyed me (and I'm surprised and bleating on about it) is rangers fans on the TV saying that we as a club and city are not fit to host such an event.

These are a few of my favourite things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:18 pm 

ESM wrote:
In all seriousness, I don't know why you lot are so surprised and bleating on so.

We've seen over the years on many occasion both home and abroad that this type of thing is the rule, not the exception. If you want to blame anyone, blame City for bidding host the event in the first place.

Totally agree. Twickenham was a tip after every single rugby day. It gets cleaned up, nowt's really harmed. It's all a load of whinging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:20 pm 
Benny wrote:
Totally agree. Twickenham was a tip after every single rugby day. It gets cleaned up, nowt's really harmed. It's all a load of whinging.

Morning gayface. How's the head?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:20 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Morning gayface. How's the head?

Agony to be frank. The memories are good though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:21 pm 
Oh and did you know that bleach and bathroom descaler is perfect for getting the stink of strippers out of those hard to reach places?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:28 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Oh and did you know that bleach and bathroom descaler is perfect for getting the stink of strippers out of those hard to reach places?

It's kind of a nice smell though, tbf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:30 pm 

Manchester stinks of piss. I really am going to fucking disenfect my seat at the first home game at COMS. :mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:35 pm 
Benny wrote:
It's kind of a nice smell though, tbf.

Eau de slapper. You finding bits of tinsel in unexpected places?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:51 am 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
I hope we get into uefa and draw rangers and then maybe we can shite allover their pisstake of a city and clobber Glasgows finest constabulary....but oh no ive forgotten we know how to behave.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:32 am 

Benny wrote:
Agony to be Frank. The memories are good though.

I wouldn't wanna be either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:32 am 

i dont think city or manchester are to blame at all. the problem was with the final being so close to glasgow and that the game was so important to them that everyone wanted to be invloved. had they had to travel abroad then there would have been a way to prevent them, either financially or denying visas or something. but every unemployed dickhead in glasgow decided to get on a train and come to "enjoy" the atmosphere. there was nothing manchester could have done to cope with the arrival of 200,000 drunk football fans shortof calling in the army and being extremely heavy handed.
Italy has a much worse reputation for hooliganism these days and when there was an all Italian Champs League final at Old Traffor, the only trouble i heard about was city and uniteds firms teaming up to fight their's.
I think Rangers should be fined to cover police hours and the tidy up and should also be banned from europe next year, their officials trying to pass the blame off the club is disgusting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:35 am 

Bluewythy wrote:
i dont think city or manchester are to blame at all. the problem was with the final being so close to glasgow and that the game was so important to them that everyone wanted to be invloved. had they had to travel abroad then there would have been a way to prevent them, either financially or denying visas or something. but every unemployed dickhead in glasgow decided to get on a train and come to "enjoy" the atmosphere. there was nothing manchester could have done to cope with the arrival of 200,000 drunk football fans shortof calling in the army and being extremely heavy handed.
Italy has a much worse reputation for hooliganism these days and when there was an all Italian Champs League final at Old Traffor, the only trouble i heard about was city and uniteds firms teaming up to fight their's.
I think Rangers should be fined to cover police hours and the tidy up and should also be banned from europe next year, their officials trying to pass the blame off the club is disgusting.

I think you are so wrong.
Just blame the Scottish people in general; rebuild Hadrian's Wall; throw our criminals over the wall.
Done and dusted.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:41 am 

The twats on Rangers board are now claiming the hoolies don't belong to Rangers and just attached themselves to the club for the final.

Sounds like the Liverpool board claiming the trouble at Heysel was not caused by Liverpool fans but by NF agitators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:43 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
I think you are so wrong.
Just blame the Scottish people in general; rebuild Hadrian's Wall; throw our criminals over the wall.
Done and dusted.

or ship em down here again.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:44 am 

define belong? they clearly have rangers shirts on, sure they prob dont have season tickets as the majority of 200,000 fans wouldnt, but they are happy to take their money for the merchandise. whether it is shame on rangers or shame on glasgow, same difference to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:01 am 

they're scots - what the feck did anyone expect ?

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:23 am 

i always thought of scotland as englands inbred redneck cousin.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"