Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:24 pm 

bigdavecox90 wrote:
Sorry guys, but one thing I do have to say from tonight.

Richard Dunne, completely shite.

Yep, said it already. He's had it. Great shame but he won't cut it at the level this team is expected to play at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:25 pm 

He's struggling, but lets not give up on him just yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:26 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:

Ok, but safety catch off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:30 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:

Replace him in January?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:34 pm 

bigdavecox90 wrote:
Replace him in January?

Add to in january, yes. Then let them fight it out. No guarantees, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:40 pm 

Oh for Gods sake. Like I have said before, Richard Dunne has proved time and time again that he is a top quality centre back, who has also proved he can deal with top quality strikers. Players go through lower points in their careers, and just because mayble the last handful of matches he hasnt been on top of his game, it doesnt mean we should write him off. But Garrido, thats a different matter....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:48 pm 

bigdavecox90 wrote:
Replace him in January?

We should at least bring another 2 qaulity defenders in one being a LB and 2 qaulity midfielders and one worldclass striker (if we can) to give the team depth and cover and we could rotate them so they all get game time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:51 pm 

I thought Johnson was fit to play today? Was he on the bench, I cant remember?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:54 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:
Oh for Gods sake. Like I have said before, Richard Dunne has proved time and time again that he is a top quality centre back, who has also proved he can deal with top quality strikers. Players go through lower points in their careers, and just because mayble the last handful of matches he hasnt been on top of his game, it doesnt mean we should write him off. But Garrido, thats a different matter....

Unfortunately, at this level, players don't get more than a handful of games to prove a lack of form isn't terminal or that there wasn't a fundamental lack of talent in the first place . It's just the way things are. Look at Bianchi, Samaras, Geovanni etc and that's just at City. A few average games and out. There's little room for sentiment, and Dunne, although not that old, isn't going to get any better than he is now and I don't think that's good enough to meet the expectations of the club. He's not suddenly going to become the next Paulo Maldini. If only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:57 pm 

Bloody hell we made it a lot tougher than it should have been but we did it. Anybody have relapses of the Bolton(or maybe it was Wigan) game when we hit the bar 3 times, thought it was gonna be one of those days but we did the job. Some of the passing in the first half was woeful to say the least but i'm glad that Jo has finally got off the mark, hopefully he can push on now and score at his hearts content. With Pompey now on Sunday does anyone feel that Les may rest Robinho??? or should we play him and then next wednesday give some of our subs the chance to go at Brighton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:03 pm 

To be honest we could of won by 6 and i am quite happy with the scoreline dunne is an out and out centre half so cut the slack on him i think it proved that garrido is crap got beaten many times however it was against there best player. The rest of the team played well i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 pm 

jbuk wrote:
To be honest we could of won by 6 and i am quite happy with the scoreline dunne is an out and out centre half so cut the slack on him i think it proved that garrido is crap got beaten many times however it was against there best player. The rest of the team played well i think

I thought Richards had a shocker...I don't know...he's starting to look uncomfortable on the ball these days...his touch is hardly the best and he looks nervous in posession

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:46 pm 

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
I thought Richards had a shocker...I don't know...he's starting to look uncomfortable on the ball these days...his touch is hardly the best and he looks nervous in posession

We did what was needed. Elano, Jo, and Robinho didnt provide the quality that was expected of them. Now once Jo got his goal he was a different player. Just goes to show you what confidence is all about. Ireland for me gave the ball away far to cheaply on many occasions. This is not the sign of a true great player. Im sure if we want to move on then Ireland, Ball, Garrido hamann and Fernandez are not good enough. It was a good performance, typical city heart in mouth, but you could see we were going to score. Jo has arrived now thats for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:36 pm 
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Crazy talk. Micah is a God. Superb talent who will only get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:57 pm 
Watch and enjoy...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5FlHOuv1nN8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:52 am 

Emigre wrote:

I like Jo's new hair, I think that's why he's suddenly remembered how to score!

And SWP is like a little cute limpet the way he's constantly jumping and clinging on to people, look at when he does it to Jo after the first goal, and then hops onto I think Zabaleta's back after the second... so cute! I want one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:54 am 

Old Ed wrote:
Unfortunately, at this level, players don't get more than a handful of games to prove a lack of form isn't terminal or that there wasn't a fundamental lack of talent in the first place . It's just the way things are. Look at Bianchi, Samaras, Geovanni etc and that's just at City. A few average games and out. There's little room for sentiment, and Dunne, although not that old, isn't going to get any better than he is now and I don't think that's good enough to meet the expectations of the club. He's not suddenly going to become the next Paulo Maldini. If only.

I think the problem with dunne is the transfer saga over the summer, in his head he had gone to portsmouth. He needs to get a grip and quickly, because he is not a patch on the player he was at the moment. He has not been injured so he just needs to focus again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:59 am 

Emigre wrote:
Crazy talk. Micah is a God. Superb talent who will only get better.

I agree he's a talent...but he's far away from the polished diamond...people on here talking about Dunney like he's all washed up...player of the year 4 years in a row...you want crazy talk...then thats a contender!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:05 am 

One things for sure the defence needs sorting out one way or another, i think we have a real chance of winning this cup and finishing high up in the EPL but we need a solid back 4 to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:06 am 

Kippax75 wrote:
One things for sure the defence needs sorting out one way or another, i think we have a real chance of winning this cup and finishing high up in the EPL but we need a solid back 4 to do it.

Exactly what me and my Dad were talking about last night.

The defence is our only let down at the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next