Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:23 pm 

magic mike wrote:
(Pink Floyd – Another Brick in the Wall):

We don’t need no Phil Scolari. We don’t need Mou-rin-ho. We started brightly and faded slightly; But that’s just us, we’ll…bounce right back.

OY! Thaksin! Leave our Sven alone!

All in all you’re just a-nother Thai on the rack (x2).

Lol i like it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:29 pm 

What a nice photo, SOS SOS SOS SOS SOS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:30 pm 

Dreadfully dull game and I dont know why. How about try and save Sven's job you punk-zips?! Fucking shite-o-rama. 9th is where we'll finish and rightly so. Was watching today with half interest, I knew we'd cough up. I am DONE with this season. :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:07 pm 

I didn't get to see this game, but by all accounts the team were shite. Sven has no plan B, several of his signings have turned out not so good (at least Frank's money wasn't wasted on Castillo) and the team has faltered through the second half of the season.
Perhaps Frank knows what's best for this club?

SVEN OUT!!!

(Oh come on!! It's our right to be fickle :p )

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:00 pm 

ok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:07 pm 

magic mike wrote:
Benny lookalike bottom left!!!

That is not a look a like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:52 am 

Boring game but i still enjoyed it. Hart showed the world once again how good a keeper he is and will only get better. Is Mascherano the greediest player in the premier league? he doesnt even look to pass when he is within 50 yards of goal.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 am 

Piss poor game. Clearly an end of the season couldn't give a toss performance/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:31 am 

slart wrote:
Piss poor game. Clearly an end of the season couldn't give a toss performance/

Strongly disagree Slart mate. I thought City went out and showed we're capable of giving teams like Liverpool a game, and I think that was needed after the 4 defeats to Chelsea and Arsenal. I thought, Sun barring, the whole team played well and even Sun put the effort in

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:35 am 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
Strongly disagree Slart mate. I thought City went out and showed we're capable of giving teams like Liverpool a game, and I think that was needed after the 4 defeats to Chelsea and Arsenal. I thought, Sun barring, the whole team played well and even Sun put the effort in

100% agree. We played well and our passing looked crisp and sharp at times. Plenty to look forward to next year, regardless of who is managing us.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:42 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Dreadfully dull game and I dont know why. How about try and save Sven's job you punk-zips?! Fucking shite-o-rama. 9th is where we'll finish and rightly so. Was watching today with half interest, I knew we'd cough up. I am DONE with this season. :confused:

Glory hunter. :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:43 am 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:

Lazy passing, few efforts created and little to inspire. The team didn't do Sven any favours at Anfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:45 am 

slart wrote:
Lazy passing, few efforts created and little to inspire. The team didn't do Sven any favours at Anfield.

Too true. I thought it was very poor considering all the talks of boycotts and walkouts.

On the topic of Sun, I'm convinced I could get past him on the wing. He is a tryer though, and god loves a tryer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:46 am 

Badger wrote:
Glory hunter. :rolleyes:

'kin convicts. They're all the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:51 am 

slart wrote:

Maybe not but Sven's formation annoyed me yesterday. It was a nothing game really so why the hell didn't we just play a proper 4-3-3 and go for it, try and actually create some chances instead of sticking with one up front and trying to defend? Two games to go, can't finish lower than 9th, why not go all out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:59 am 

You know with all the talk about sven getting axed i find myself looking for reasons to justify the Docs decision and the more i think the more i find things that actually do justify it. I mean we play the bottom teams and only play 1 up front and play counter attack football at home when we should be attacking, not giving bianchi a decent go. Leaving Geo on the bench too many times. Even when we are playing poor he doesnt change things he just sticks with what he does and hopes we nick a goal on the counter. This is by no means me agreeing that sacking him is the right thing to do because i love the guy and am very thankful for him giving this club the self belief and dignity that we deserve. But just a view from the Doctors side of things.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:04 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:
You know with all the talk about sven getting axed i find myself looking for reasons to justify the Docs decision and the more i think the more i find things that actually do justify it. I mean we play the bottom teams and only play 1 up front and play counter attack football at home when we should be attacking, not giving bianchi a decent go. Leaving Geo on the bench too many times. Even when we are playing poor he doesnt change things he just sticks with what he does and hopes we nick a goal on the counter. This is by no means me agreeing that sacking him is the right thing to do because i love the guy and am very thankful for him giving this club the self belief and dignity that we deserve. But just a view from the Doctors side of things.

We were talking about this in the pub watching the match and I can definitely see Frank's side of the situation. We were saying that if you were a salesperson/stock trader type thing and had a target for the year of making £500k and by 6 months you'd made £1 million, then in the next 6 months you lost £500k of that yes, you'd still have hit your target but your boss would still be pissed that you'd lost the extra £500K. If you follow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:06 am 

Badger wrote:
We were talking about this in the pub watching the match and I can definitely see Frank's side of the situation. We were saying that if you were a salesperson/stock trader type thing and had a target for the year of making £500k and by 6 months you'd made £1 million, then in the next 6 months you lost £500k of that yes, you'd still have hit your target but your boss would still be pissed that you'd lost the extra £500K. If you follow?

I do.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:08 am 

Benny wrote:
Too true. I thought it was very poor considering all the talks of boycotts and walkouts.

On the topic of Sun, I'm convinced I could get past him on the wing. He is a tryer though, and god loves a tryer.

Why curse us with a player that has no idea where to put the ball, and will bring a man down in the box to hand a team we were 2-0 up against an equaliser?

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:08 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:

So nothing has changed tactically for Sven since being in charge of England? No Plan B?
And we all thought Pearce was short on ideas.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next