Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 pm 

Liverpool have been shit. No doubt they are weak at the moment. Also Arsenal have lost key palayers and have spent no money.

For me this is the season for a side to break into the top 4. Not saying its going to be us, I just look at the Liverpool and Arsenal sides and think ........Meh.........

Time gone by you had no chance getting points off them. You look at their sdies now, its just not that scary. Arsenal loose against Fulham (shit) and struggle against west brom. Liverpool struggle to beat a very average mid table Sunderland side. These teams are weaker now than they have been in years, in living memory probably in terms on the PL. Can any of the other sides in the PL take advantage ?

I can seriously see Arsenal or Liverpool dropping out of the top 4 this season, to me they look weak and vulnerable...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:21 pm 

alera wrote:
Why the fuck did he take Elano off ? Its obvious to all but an idiot hes our best player. What 3 goals in 2 games in the league ? Top scorer last season despite injuries, loss of form / being played out of position.

He takes off Ben Haim and brings on Hamman (who played very well) still what about Johnson ? Hes been shit bar half a dozen games for city in his entire career. We all know he has a bad attitude, let not gloss over the issue.

Really he is not one of our own. He has been shit for god knows how long, I would take Arsenal / Evertons arm off if they offered £8 million.

I am sorry Ireland has been a miles better player for us in midfield. Given the choice I would keep him over Johnson anyday....Over my dead body we would loose him over johnson - at any stage. I know Ireland has issues but at some point you have to form an opinion based on performances and I cant rememebr the last time Johnson had a good game for city.

Elano was (deservedly) taken off because he lost it...have to agree about Johnson though....I cant warm to him at all...much too up his own ass and one flash of style here and there doesnt make a season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:42 pm 

Opened up the internet and what a bloody great day.

(i didn't stay up for this one).

Through on Penalties, Sweep comes home. Does it get much better ?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

So are we through to the group stage now ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37