Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:38 pm 

CITYnz wrote:
I've been a City fan for almost a decade, but only just registered to be part of this forum recently. I live in New Zealand, and have only seen City play live once. That was the promotion playoff against Gillingham in 1999. Seeing that game made me feel that there is something special about City (they came back from 2-0 down, just to jolt your memories). That, and that the fact that too many wank knobs in this country support ManU prompted me to believe that City was the team for me) It's been a hell of a ride, supporting City over these years. We did the double over Utd last season! How fantastic is that. It also helps that I watched the movie "There's Only One Jimmy Grimble" Being a City fan has been most fun over the years. God damn, I only see City getting better this season (Hughes is obviously a disciplinarian - can that be bad?!). I love seeing the drama that is City, the results against Utd, but most of all, I just love seeing them win. City forever!

Welcome to the forum pal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:41 pm 

Thanks. Ireland was the MoM for this one. WHam hung off the ball in midfield, and this gave City too much space. Yeah, Kompany looked comfortable. Will be interesting to see him under pressure. Elano and Ireland are great when they are allowed so much space, as happened against WHam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:43 pm 

CITYnz wrote:
Thanks. Ireland was the MoM for this one. WHam hung off the ball in midfield, and this gave City too much space. Yeah, Kompany looked comfortable. Will be interesting to see him under pressure. Elano and Ireland are great when they are allowed so much space, as happened against WHam.

ahh new zealander huh? welcome. Did you bring your sheep. :p

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:48 pm 

lol. I will bring in sheep, if thats what it takes for a great City season. Well, most seasons have been entertaining for me. No need for sheep, just a decent manager, shrewd signings, and playing style. Maybe we have that? Jealous that I'm not Manchester born, but just enjoy the drama of following City in the English league

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:50 pm 

CITYnz wrote:
lol. I will bring in sheep, if thats what it takes for a great City season. Well, most seasons have been entertaining for me. No need for sheep, just a decent manager, shrewd signings, and playing style. Maybe we have that? Jealous that I'm not Manchester born, but just enjoy the drama of following City in the English league

im born and bred in perth, dont be jealous youre not an englishman. I wouldnt wish that upon anyone.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:51 pm 

Hi people,

Yes yes another Belgian invader to your forums. I'm interested to see how Kompany will do over in Manchester and thus interested in City.
I've read some positive comments about his match against West Ham both here and in our national press. Since I missed Match of The Day and I wanted to see some highlights from the game I was looking for it online. I couldn't find it however on the BBC webby and I have no idea where else to look.
If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:56 pm 

Maidrion wrote:
Hi people,

Yes yes another Belgian invader to your forums. I'm interested to see how Kompany will do over in Manchester and thus interested in City.
I've read some positive comments about his match against West Ham both here and in our national press. Since I missed Match of The Day and I wanted to see some highlights from the game I was looking for it online. I couldn't find it however on the BBC webby and I have no idea where else to look.
If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.sportizo.com/football/manchester-city-vs-west-ham-highlights/

you owe me sexual favours

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:57 pm 

shouldve goatse'd him shouldnt i

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:01 am 

lol again. Well thanks for the reassurance. It's just that NZ doesn't have much in the sport that I love most dearly. Yes, we have Ryan Nelson, playing for Blackburn, but, no disrespect, I wouldn't want him playing for City. He's hard working, but not talented. The premier league is so competitive these days. It seems to me that Citys Elano and Petrov are so talented. If they can provide the best outlet for these players, the future is bright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:24 am 

The future is bright, the future is City!

lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:33 am 

Oh, "Nelsen" is spelt witn an E, not an O. He;'s a christian ,which explains his work ethic, but he's not a geneticist, which explains his lack of talent. Meanwhile, back to the land of Man City..Why shouldn't we be top six this year? Spurs already seem out of sorts, and who else is going to challenge us? Just wannabe no hopers, such as Everton and A V, go City!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:39 am 

CITYnz wrote:
Oh, "Nelsen" is spelt witn an E, not an O. He;'s a christian ,which explains his work ethic, but he's not a geneticist, which explains his lack of talent. Meanwhile, back to the land of Man City..Why shouldn't we be top six this year? Spurs already seem out of sorts, and who else is going to challenge us? Just wannabe no hopers, such as Everton and A V, go City!

we have a chance to finish top 8 i think, but thats if we can get a few more players in. Interesting to see how hughes handles the cups and league this year. I would hope he tries to win one of the cups and not just play our reserve team when the time comes.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:06 am 

this season is going to be the best for us.......first of all hughes is going to raise the players fitness......plus,he's giving the young players a lot of game time................and he might get neves or milito.........plus jo and dunne in the next game!!!!!............i don't see man city dropping out of the top 7..................and you guys got to give credit to BALL...........he was really great..............and Kompany was brilliant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:42 am 

I watched the highlights and laughed my arse off when Kompany came out of nowhere to cream Sturridge while he was having his little post-scoring dance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:02 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
Nice one squidley diddly.

By the way, about Richarrds injury. Am I right in thinking after a head injury there is a period of convalescence where you are not allowed to play irrespective of whether you say you are fit? Is it 4 or 5 days?

It could be a while, it depends on what his symptoms are. Post-concussion syndrome is nasty. The worrying part is that these injuries tend to be cumulative. You don't want to have a series of concussions.

We've scene a number of hockey careers ended over here due to repeated concussions. (And bear in mind how hard it is for an ice hockey player to display objectively detectable head injuries:))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:13 pm 

Just thought I'd point out that all the goals came off build-ups down the right. If we can continue that trend it will make us all the more difficult to play against, and allow Petrov to be even more effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:19 pm 

Leftcoaster wrote:
Just thought I'd point out that all the goals came off build-ups down the right. If we can continue that trend it will make us all the more difficult to play against, and allow Petrov to be even more effective.

A very valid point dude. And one I had overlooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:22 pm 

Leftcoaster wrote:

The first came from the left?? Sturridge did his little thing, knocked it to Petrov on the left, put it in the box, half arsed defending puts it straight to Studge who smashes it in.

The left. It was the left wasn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:26 pm 

Squidge wrote:
The first came from the left?? Sturridge did his little thing, knocked it to Petrov on the left, but it in, half arsed defending puts it straight to Studge who smashes it in.

Yes squidge it was the left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:59 pm 

Squidge wrote:
The first came from the left?? Sturridge did his little thing, knocked it to Petrov on the left, put it in the box, half arsed defending puts it straight to Studge who smashes it in.

Yes, you're right, it was the left. And a thing of beauty it was too.

Sorry, about that, but it doesn't affect the validity of the point I was making - we actually were creating things on the right as well.

It may all be down to Irelands new hair do, we should keep an eye on that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next