Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:09 pm 

Get in City! Roll on Sunderland and Jo :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:17 pm 

Great day today, City looked a proper team for a change and showed some guts at times which maybe we lacked under Sven?

Really good goals and Ireland deserved the MOTM award although I thought Kompany had a great debut and looks quality both in midfield and defence.

And to top it all I had a pint with Bert and Slart after the game. My cup runneth over. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:22 pm 

I was never worried! Knew we could do it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:51 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:
Get in City! Roll on Sunderland and Jo :D

What?
We'd thrash Jo if he played us...
duh

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:55 pm 

"Oh jeeesus!!"

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:08 pm 

Cloudyshin O'Watra wrote:
Great day today, City looked a proper team for a change and showed some guts at times which maybe we lacked under Sven?

Really good goals and Ireland deserved the MOTM award although I thought Kompany had a great debut and looks quality both in midfield and defence.

And to top it all I had a pint with Bert and Slart after the game. My cup runneth over. :D

A pint?
I waited over 30 mions for abus outside that pub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10 pm 

Get in there!!!! We played so well, thought corluka was outstanding, Elano took his goals well, Ireland did alot of running, Hart Controlled his area well, The defence were commanding, Kompany did everything right, sturridge troubled the west ham defence all day, Evans when he came on closed the opposition down, johnson looked strong, powerful and always looked in control, we are looking Fantastic!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:23 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
A pint?
I waited over 30 mions for abus outside that pub.

3 pints then, Christ I was bursting for a pee by the time I got home!

What happened to the busses then Bert?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 pm 

I am surprised that many of you consider that Corluka had an otstanding game. He did not, particularly in the first half. he was out of position,missed some tackles and gave bad passes.There was some improvement in the second half, but I thought that he played as if his mind was not on the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:28 pm 

Don't be silly. He was rather good. Composed as usual, and i love him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:32 pm 

Watch the replays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:33 pm 

The fact he maybe once or twice was caught out of position is testament to his willingness to get forward and overlap the RM, providing options for a side in which we seem to have few.

Corluka's style will always attribute himself to the idea that he sometimes doesn't look like his heart is in it. I don't think this is anything to worry about.

Charlie has put the turbulent episode of the spuds well and truly behind him, and we can look forward to another top season from him.

I love being positive!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 pm 

Positivity is a good thing. Unfortunately I am struggling to be as positive as your good self.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:33 pm 

Picto wrote:
The fact he maybe once or twice was caught out of position is testament to his willingness to get forward and overlap the RM, providing options for a side in which we seem to have few.

Corluka's style will always attribute himself to the idea that he sometimes doesn't look like his heart is in it. I don't think this is anything to worry about.

Charlie has put the turbulent episode of the spuds well and truly behind him, and we can look forward to another top season from him.

I love being positive!! :D

Great innit? :D You have to savour it cuz we don't get to be it that often. Enjoy reading the papers in the morning. I know I will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:33 pm 

Positivity is a good thing. Unfortunately I am struggling to be as positive as your good self.

Mr grumpy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:39 pm 

Somewhere in tomorrows' papers it will imply that despite hitting the post twice, having one off the line, scoring 3 goals and playing against 10 men we were luckuy. Somewhere it will also say that Corluka has gone to spurs, Richards has brain damage, Hughes intends to resign and Thaksin is a saint.
Look forward, my boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:05 pm 

Somewhere in tomorrows' papers it will imply that despite hitting the post twice, having one off the line, scoring 3 goals and playing against 10 men we were luckuy. Somewhere it will also say that Corluka has gone to spurs, Richards has brain damage, Hughes intends to resign and Thaksin is a saint.
Look forward, my boy.

You've been hanging out with Brummies Bert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 pm 

I can't think with whom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:19 pm 

I've been a City fan for almost a decade, but only just registered to be part of this forum recently. I live in New Zealand, and have only seen City play live once. That was the promotion playoff against Gillingham in 1999. Seeing that game made me feel that there is something special about City (they came back from 2-0 down, just to jolt your memories). That, and that the fact that too many wank knobs in this country support ManU prompted me to believe that City was the team for me) It's been a hell of a ride, supporting City over these years. We did the double over Utd last season! How fantastic is that. It also helps that I watched the movie "There's Only One Jimmy Grimble" Being a City fan has been most fun over the years. God damn, I only see City getting better this season (Hughes is obviously a disciplinarian - can that be bad?!). I love seeing the drama that is City, the results against Utd, but most of all, I just love seeing them win. City forever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:23 pm 

CITYnz wrote:
I've been a City fan for almost a decade, but only just registered to be part of this forum recently. I live in New Zealand, and have only seen City play live once. That was the promotion playoff against Gillingham in 1999. Seeing that game made me feel that there is something special about City (they came back from 2-0 down, just to jolt your memories). That, and that the fact that too many wank knobs in this country support ManU prompted me to believe that City was the team for me) It's been a hell of a ride, supporting City over these years. We did the double over Utd last season! How fantastic is that. It also helps that I watched the movie "There's Only One Jimmy Grimble" Being a City fan has been most fun over the years. God damn, I only see City getting better this season (Hughes is obviously a disciplinarian - can that be bad?!). I love seeing the drama that is City, the results against Utd, but most of all, I just love seeing them win. City forever!

Welcome to the forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next