Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:19 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Not to assert authority. I don't think. It was for more practical reasons that just amusing myself though. If i wanted to do that i'd probably have a wank.

Well if it makes me a hypocrite I still have to post these Oasis things.

I've said loads of twatty things, even yesterday. Go find some :D

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:19 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Yes. Mine.

I thought you lost that.
I know you never forgot us.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:21 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
Well if it makes me a hypocrite I still have to post these Oasis things.

I've said loads of twatty things, even yesterday. Go find some :D

Ah yes, but the thing is, i don't care.

You seem to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:21 pm 

The Rags managed to draw with the Geordies. not a bad day after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:25 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Ah yes, but the thing is, i don't care.

You seem to.

I just hate Oasis except Noel Gallagher.

Sadly, my wrath therefore occasionally falls on you.

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:55 pm 

Villa fan.

Right winger, definitely. Even ignoring Etuhu, Vassell isn't a huge improvement. You need to either move Elano up there, sign one, or switch to a more narrow formation. Left back too, is one of your major weak links. The other positions though, I think are okay. Johnson and Fernandes did fine today, imo. Fernandes won as many tackles as anyone else on the pitch, and completed 36 passes (the 4th highest of the game) without a single one being intercepted. Johnson worked really well pushing forward, won you the penalty through determination, and got the assist for Corluka's goal late on. Are they perfect players? Of course not. But they're not terrible and they don't need replacing, they just need time. As for a new forward, you're just unlucky there. You have plenty, but they're all injured or away. Benjani, Bojinov and Jo are all good enough, but unavailable. That's just bad luck, and there's not much you can do but wait for them to get back. In the meantime, Sturridge looked really good today, Evans did alright for a difficult debut, and your midfield of Elano and Petrov still look like getting you goals. I'm not entirely sure why Bianchi and Nery Castillo aren't getting a look in at all, but either way I don't think signing yet more forwards is viable or realistic. Maybe a loan at best, but I doubt you'd get anyone better than you currently have.

The main problem, in my opinion, is one of morale and confidence. You saw it last season when the rumours first surfaced about Sven getting sacked. The players offered to go on strike, and they totally and utterly capitulated on the pitch, culminating in the 8-1 hammering by Boro. That same lack of motivation, and abject frustration has carried on this season, as shown by Petrov's petulant clearance. The players are on a complete low right now, and rather than trying to replace them I think you just need to hope that Hughes can win the dressing room and get them performing again.

I agree that Villa didn't create many chances, but they ARE a fair bit better than you right now. I don't mean any disrespect by that, though. City had more shots today, more on target, more corners, 59% possession, over 100 more completed passes and more tackles won. But Villa converted their chances, and that's enough. Don't get me wrong, Richards, Corluka, Elano, Dunne and Petrov would probably all walk into the Villa team on paper, but they're a team who's playing very well together and getting great performances out of what they've got. The fact they didn't play brilliantly today and still scored 4 goals isn't just City's fault, it's a testament to Villa's progress.

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:13 pm 

I'd say Villa are about a season ahead of where we are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:13 pm 

Villa fan.

Right winger, definitely. Even ignoring Etuhu, Vassell isn't a huge improvement. You need to either move Elano up there, sign one, or switch to a more narrow formation. Left back too, is one of your major weak links. The other positions though, I think are okay. Johnson and Fernandes did fine today, imo. Fernandes won as many tackles as anyone else on the pitch, and completed 36 passes (the 4th highest of the game) without a single one being intercepted. Johnson worked really well pushing forward, won you the penalty through determination, and got the assist for Corluka's goal late on. Are they perfect players? Of course not. But they're not terrible and they don't need replacing, they just need time. As for a new forward, you're just unlucky there. You have plenty, but they're all injured or away. Benjani, Bojinov and Jo are all good enough, but unavailable. That's just bad luck, and there's not much you can do but wait for them to get back. In the meantime, Sturridge looked really good today, Evans did alright for a difficult debut, and your midfield of Elano and Petrov still look like getting you goals. I'm not entirely sure why Bianchi and Nery Castillo aren't getting a look in at all, but either way I don't think signing yet more forwards is viable or realistic. Maybe a loan at best, but I doubt you'd get anyone better than you currently have.

The main problem, in my opinion, is one of morale and confidence. You saw it last season when the rumours first surfaced about Sven getting sacked. The players offered to go on strike, and they totally and utterly capitulated on the pitch, culminating in the 8-1 hammering by Boro. That same lack of motivation, and abject frustration has carried on this season, as shown by Petrov's petulant clearance. The players are on a complete low right now, and rather than trying to replace them I think you just need to hope that Hughes can win the dressing room and get them performing again.

I agree that Villa didn't create many chances, but they ARE a fair bit better than you right now. I don't mean any disrespect by that, though. City had more shots today, more on target, more corners, 59% possession, over 100 more completed passes and more tackles won. But Villa converted their chances, and that's enough. Don't get me wrong, Richards, Corluka, Elano, Dunne and Petrov would probably all walk into the Villa team on paper, but they're a team who's playing very well together and getting great performances out of what they've got. The fact they didn't play brilliantly today and still scored 4 goals isn't just City's fault, it's a testament to Villa's progress.

IF ANYONE MENTIONS THAT FUCKIN BORO GAME ONE MORE TIME IM SERIOUSLEY GONNA GO OFF ON ONE. I know that wasn't you MRAMB, but whoever wrote that is pretty spot on, just a shame were missing our record signing and 3 other strikers and our captain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:36 pm 

Villa fan.

cant argue with any of that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:53 pm 

Villa fan.

I'm not entirely sure why Bianchi and Nery Castillo aren't getting a look in at all, but either way I don't think signing yet more forwards is viable or realistic.

Hello I'm The Juggernaut.

THAT'S THE QUESTION!!! Why is Bianchi and Nery Castillo not even making the Subs bench, which for the first time this very year includes 7 players!!
There will be pleanty of cup matches for the likes of Evans and Sturridge and Etuhu to get acclaimated; but on opening day to not go with, at the very least, experienced professionals in your starting eleven is baffiling to me.

At the very least... Bianchi who's services we are paying for, and initially cost us £8.8 million, just from a sheer accounting perspective... why are we not using this guy? I'm asking cause I don't have the answer. What is his deal?

Is Bianchi in the stands because
1. The System? IMO doesnt make sense because he didn't work in Sven's system for some reason, and now he's not getting a run in Hughes' system, and by the way, they are two completely different styles of play.
2. The Country? I'm not buying that, because he went to Lazio and they told him to fuck off back to Manchester.
3. His work ethic? That's the only thing I can guess. He must spend more time combing his hair back then pinning his ears back.

Is Nery is in the stands because
1. The System? again new system that he should be allright in. Even though he looked pretty crap in the exhibitions. He could been used at foward or on the right today.
2. The Country? He did alright in Greece for god's sake.
3. His work ethic? probably this
4. Deal in the works? this doesn't make too much sense to me because Shakthar has his contract, right, and we are paying his, I'm sure massive, salary and we got him for a year str8 up, no option to buy. We might as well have him on the bench at the very least IMO

But Hell, I could be wrong about all this. So Any information on these two players will be greatly appreciated. C'mon CITY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:10 pm 

Well Leslie must be seeing somthing in Training that we ain't, i think Ronaldos been injured as for Castillo he mustn't be cutting the mustard in training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:11 pm 

thejuggernaut wrote:
Hello I'm The Juggernaut.

THAT'S THE QUESTION!!! Why is Bianchi and Nery Castillo not even making the Subs bench, which for the first time this very year includes 7 players!!
There will be pleanty of cup matches for the likes of Evans and Sturridge and Etuhu to get acclaimated; but on opening day to not go with, at the very least, experienced professionals in your starting eleven is baffiling to me.

At the very least... Bianchi who's services we are paying for, and initially cost us £8.8 million, just from a sheer accounting perspective... why are we not using this guy? I'm asking cause I don't have the answer. What is his deal?

Is Bianchi in the stands because
1. The System? IMO doesnt make sense because he didn't work in Sven's system for some reason, and now he's not getting a run in Hughes' system, and by the way, they are two completely different styles of play.
2. The Country? I'm not buying that, because he went to Lazio and they told him to fuck off back to Manchester.
3. His work ethic? That's the only thing I can guess. He must spend more time combing his hair back then pinning his ears back.

Is Nery is in the stands because
1. The System? again new system that he should be allright in. Even though he looked pretty crap in the exhibitions. He could been used at foward or on the right today.
2. The Country? He did alright in Greece for god's sake.
3. His work ethic? probably this
4. Deal in the works? this doesn't make too much sense to me because Shakthar has his contract, right, and we are paying his, I'm sure massive, salary and we got him for a year str8 up, no option to buy. We might as well have him on the bench at the very least IMO

But Hell, I could be wrong about all this. So Any information on these two players will be greatly appreciated. C'mon CITY!
Welcome.

Inthe next few posts you will be roundly abused.

You make some good points.

In my opinion you have missed the fact that Bianchi probably doesn't get on with English, Welsh or Swedish people and that Castillo only weighs 4 stone soaking wet.

Please try to improve your spelling and kindly do not use text speak on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:18 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Welcome.

In my opinion you have missed the fact that Bianchi probably doesn't get on with English, Welsh or Swedish people and that Castillo only weighs 4 stone soaking wet.

Please try to improve your spelling and kindly do not use text speak on this forum.

:D classic Bertram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:22 pm 

One tries, Cloudy, one tries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:15 pm 

Villa fan.

I'm rather surprised by the highlighted stats, but overall that is a very balanced and reasonable assessment of the game.

Didn't Hughes say at one point earlier in the summer that we won't see the benefit (if there is to be one...) of his methods right away? Remember, this is the kind of start to the season we were expecting last season when Sven took over. The rags had an appalling start to last season and they did alright for themselves. Let's give it time to see if things come together over the next few weeks before we start to panic, but first and foremost our defenders have to remember how to defend properly. The amount of space Villa had at times was shocking, but there were glimpses today of encouraging signs. They need to become much more than mere glimpses, though.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:28 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
I'm rather surprised by the highlighted stats, but overall that is a very balanced and reasonable assessment of the game.

Didn't Hughes say at one point earlier in the summer that we won't see the benefit (if there is to be one...) of his methods right away? Remember, this is the kind of start to the season we were expecting last season when Sven took over. The rags had an appalling start to last season and they did alright for themselves. Let's give it time to see if things come together over the next few weeks before we start to panic, but first and foremost our defenders have to remember how to defend properly. The amount of space Villa had at times was shocking, but there were glimpses today of encouraging signs. They need to become much more than mere glimpses, though.

This is what I'm hoping. Certainly, Mark Hughes has not suddenly become a bad manager, it's a question of injuries conspiring against him, a bit of bad luck and the fact he's still acclimitising to the job and his players. He's had longer than Sven admittedly, but Sven didn't start without his senior strikers and with Dunne suspended. And Sven had money to spend.

As for the stats, I think Gelson gave it away for the second goal so how much it's conjecture I don't know.

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:36 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Welcome.

Unfair comments to the new member. He probably now thinks he is as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:50 pm 
blueinyorkshire wrote:
[/B]

Unfair comments to the new member. He probably now thinks he is as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

You're right. Bert should have said, 'Fuck off noob.'

There are protocols for this sort of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:41 pm 

Nery Castillo has been in talks with betis and roma over ending his loan with us and moving to one of these clubs. Its on the men website and has been on the cards for weeks. 99% certain he wont be with us when the window shuts. As for Bianchi he is fit but obviously doesnt fit into Hughes plans at all. He has made it clear he does not want to play for city or stay in england. Problem is his wages and the fee we would want due to how much he cost .

If we could get rid of him I am sure we would.

Anyway having thought on it a bit both Everton and Spurs had worse opening results that us, weaker opposition and or home advantage. No doubt Villa will be a top 6 side this season for sure so the result in itself is not that bad considering the team we have available at the moment. Terrible blow what happen to boj though :(

I am starting to think that the Uefa cup although nice was an unexpected bonus and could well beyond us at the moment with the size of our squad. Might be better if we go out of it anyway....The lack of planning and thought that has gone into our transfer activity over the last few seasons is now comming home to roost. I really hope there is some money available and HUghes has a few tricks up his sleve as the squad as is seems a fair way off a top 10 side to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:31 am 

Frankly I don't feel depressed at all.

Lack of available resources in certain positions and an away game to a top 6 team who are well organised. They had a purple patch, but generally throughout the game I thought we competed well. Couple of nice passages of play.

I'm a great believer that you cannot work on putting things right until you know what's wrong. Hughes will now know from proper competition where his problems lie. Up front is where we really lacked and there'll be plenty of returning options, so I reckon he'll be as optimistic as I am this morning.

I watched Stoke on Saturday, now there is a team truly lacking in ability.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next