Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:15 am 

Bluewythy wrote:
surely we can just get the red card recinded anyway? no way he should have been sent off.

As Timps says we would have had to finish with 5 men and kick the ref in the nads to be caught by Fulham.
Anyway, why should we appeal his red card? let his new club be without him for 3 games next season I say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:19 am 

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable/0,,12306,00.html

are you sure though? cos i dont know what this all means, but this is updated up to 36 games and it looks fairly close to me.
also you get the most points based on your effort in trying to win a game. fulham have won three straight games against the odds whereas city have barely broke into jogging in their efforts to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 am 

Bluewythy wrote:
http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable/0,,12306,00.html

are you sure though? cos i dont know what this all means, but this is updated up to 36 games and it looks fairly close to me.
also you get the most points based on your effort in trying to win a game. fulham have won three straight games against the odds whereas city have barely broke into jogging in their efforts to do so.

We'll know for sure mid week but they said on the radio yesterday that it would take a minor miracle for Fulham to catch us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:24 am 

A disgrace - all the players invloved in yesterday's game should be transfer listed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:29 am 

they are nine points behind us in that. they won their next game whereas we lost against a team that had 15 more efforts than us. although they got a yellow card. then yesterday the won and we got dicked and we got a yellow and a red.
so i reckon it is far from guaranteed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:32 am 

i only watched motd so all i saw was the goals. i felt a bit sorry for the defence and goalkeeper. the midfield seemed to be totally uninterested and there were some excellent goals scored. i didnt want the highlights in shame, yes the defence looked unorganised, but you have to give it to boro that they scored some absolute beauties.
also shouldnt have been a sending off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 am 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Fulham deserve the place. City crumbled yesterday in the most embarassing way. Whearas fulham have worked their socks off to stay in. Also i think Villa deserve a uefa spot instead of having to go down the intertoto farce. City deserve nothing, we cant go on about the start of the season any longer, the team and the players have capitulated and become an embarassment to the club....bring the youngsters in now......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:36 am 

i went to one game this season... at home to everton and i think it all went wrong from there. i wont bother going next year so i dont jinx us again :S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:12 am 

Down the years, City have managed to piss you off, embarras you, annoy you etc, etc etc. However, this weekend they have sunk to an entirely different new low. That disgusting non performance ranks up there with the very best/worst. A humiliation that is incredibly unfunny. And, all on the day that the fookin pigs go and win the title. That's like being slapped round the face with a wet fish, and whilst reeling from that, being kneed in the bollox.

I'm afraid my humour appears to have deserted me this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:14 am 

I hope they identify all the Manchester City troublemakers and ban them for life. Those pricks may have cost us a place in Europe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:15 am 

i was more shocked at the result than angry about it, nothing really surprises me with city so im not really that phased/fazed?

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:20 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:
i was more shocked at the result than angry about it, nothing really surprises me with city so im not really that phased/fazed?

It didn't really register with me, I just thought it was quite funny to hear them having to break off from the rag/Wigan game every couple of minutes. By all account when it was 7-0 the City fans were chanting "we want eight!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:24 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:

I was shocked and disgusted. I was watching Chelsea v Bolton and Sky Sport News. They were putting the results on screen periodicly. Losing 2-0 at half time was bad - as the goals stacked up I was shocked. When it got to 7-0 I walked out of the house. I thought the Fulham capitulation was bad, but this is the worst end of season for years. I feel this is worse than when we were last relegated.

There is no excuse for losing to 'Boro never mind getting the worst hiding of the last 100 years. Remember 'Boro ended on 42 points - teams have been relegated with more points than this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:37 am 

Mr fowler missed a penalty agaist Boro- no uefa cup spot
City get thrashed by Boro - no uefa cup spot

Ive got a funny feeling we wont get in.

*bites nails*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:42 am 

slart wrote:
A disgrace - all the players invloved in yesterday's game should be transfer listed.

concurrance

if that was them playing for their manager's future - god help us if they decide not to turn up

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:42 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
Down the years, City have managed to piss you off, embarras you, annoy you etc, etc etc. However, this weekend they have sunk to an entirely different new low. That disgusting non performance ranks up there with the very best/worst. A humiliation that is incredibly unfunny. And, all on the day that the fookin pigs go and win the title. That's like being slapped round the face with a wet fish, and whilst reeling from that, being kneed in the bollox.

I'm afraid my humour appears to have deserted me this morning.

One of those rare occassions where I agree with you Bassy. Fucking disgraceful. And, if certain rumours are to be believed and the players did it as a protest against Sven being sacked then I don't want any of those involved wearing the blue shirt again. They're supposed to be professionals, paid to play for the club and give 100% everytime they put the shirt on. This morning is one of the few times I've felt truly embarrassed about being a City fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 am 

well we've played shite since the start of all the speculation about sven being sacked, and not suprisingly to be honest. this ...result... just puts the cherry on the top of a ridiculous end to the season. we've plumbed new depths with all this, in a manner that only city can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:54 am 

I doubt it was a form of protest. The team have been pissing about since they came out for the second half against Fulham.

Some of these players must be booted out the nearest open door as soon as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:55 am 

slart wrote:
I doubt it was a form of protest. The team have been pissing about since they came out for the second half against Fulham.

Some of these players must be booted out the nearest open door as soon as possible.

Would anybody of this opinion care to name who they mean? It seems in the space of a day we've gone from being panic stricken about losing our team to suggesting we should sell them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:27 am 

not sure it could be classed as even a form of protest, more a "what's the point" kind of apathy. didn't see the game, so i don't know, but the score alone suggests they were on the pitch in body alone.
as for getting rid of players on the back of this tonking... nope. they are the same players that got us 9th, our highest prem points, that made city enjoyable to watch for a large part of the season (for the first time in years) etc etc. so no, i don't see a whole sale culling of the team in any way necessary.
imagine going into work, being told the boss is probably out of the door in a couple weeks despite posting record profits, would you put any effort in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next