Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
not sure it could be classed as even a form of protest, more a "what's the point" kind of apathy. didn't see the game, so i don't know, but the score alone suggests they were on the pitch in body alone.
as for getting rid of players on the back of this tonking... nope. they are the same players that got us 9th, our highest prem points, that made city enjoyable to watch for a large part of the season (for the first time in years) etc etc. so no, i don't see a whole sale culling of the team in any way necessary.
imagine going into work, being told the boss is probably out of the door in a couple weeks despite posting record profits, would you put any effort in?

Probably, but only on the basis that if they can do that to my boss they can just as easily do it to me. That said, I'm not a footballer who would be able to walk into another job with ease and receive a hefty fee for doing so (as well as potentially escaping from a boss with whose decisions I disagreed).

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:34 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
not sure it could be classed as even a form of protest, more a "what's the point" kind of apathy. didn't see the game, so i don't know, but the score alone suggests they were on the pitch in body alone.
as for getting rid of players on the back of this tonking... nope. they are the same players that got us 9th, our highest prem points, that made city enjoyable to watch for a large part of the season (for the first time in years) etc etc. so no, i don't see a whole sale culling of the team in any way necessary.
imagine going into work, being told the boss is probably out of the door in a couple weeks despite posting record profits, would you put any effort in?

Yes I would. I am employed to do a job and until that changes, I will continue to work to the same standard as always. That clearly hasn't happened at Manchester City for the last three games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:36 am 

[quote="gibbonicus_andronicus"]not sure it could be classed as even a form of protest, more a "what's the point" kind of apathy. didn't see the game, so i don't know, but the score alone suggests they were on the pitch in body alone.
imagine going into work, being told the boss is probably out of the door in a couple weeks despite posting record profits, would you put any effort in?[/QUOTE]

Well yeah because you are still getting paid to do a job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:40 am 

Well sven had my complete backing until he openly met Benfica representatives last week whilst still employed by Manchester City.

Is it any wonder we got cocked 8-1 ?

Yes he has been badly treated but what started out as a respectful exit has turned into a shambolic disgrace. A complete breakdown of discipline and lack of respect for the clubs fans. Think of the fans that made a 5 hour round trip to watch that s***.

I am sorry but for me sven can go now. Thats obviously what he wants from fielding a team that puts out that sort of perfromance. And if that the sort of attitude we are going to see next season the players that want to follow him out hte door can do so - providing we get the right money for those that are under long and lucrative contracts.

Also as sven now clearly has other jobs lined up I dont see why he should get a £ 3million pay off...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:44 am 

alera wrote:
Well sven had my complete backing until he openly met Benfica representatives last week whilst still employed by Manchester City.

Is it any wonder we got cocked 8-1 ?

Yes he has been badly treated but what started out as a respectful exit has turned into a shambolic disgrace. A complete breakdown of discipline and lack of respect for the clubs fans. Think of the fans that made a 5 hour round trip to watch that s***.

I am sorry but for me sven can go now. Thats obviously what he wants from fielding a team that puts out that sort of perfromance. And if that the sort of attitude we are going to see next season the players that want to follow him out hte door can do so - providing we get the right money for those that are under long and lucrative contracts.

Also as sven now clearly has other jobs lined up I dont see why he should get a £ 3million pay off...

If he takes employment whilst still contracted to us then he won't get a pay off. He is sacked, and his contract is broken by the club then he will get his pay off and has every right to it. I know i'd be wanting it if i was him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:48 am 

slart wrote:
Yes I would. I am employed to do a job and until that changes, I will continue to work to the same standard as always. That clearly hasn't happened at Manchester City for the last three games.

I'm sorry Slart but what have the Fulham and Liverpool game got to do with it?

Fulham, 2-0 up, can hardly be accused of a lack of effort getting to that point. They then threw it away which was disapointing because they are a piss poor team, but they gave it everything and for all the disapointment these things happen.

Liverpool...we may not have created many chanced but we did alright, 1-0 is hardly a crisis scoreline at Anfield, they're a better team than us and the result was to be expected.

Middlesbrough - fucking disgraceful. No excuses, the players have embarrassed everyone at the club.

I make that one game where they haven't played to the standard, or put the effort in, that you would expect of professional footballers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:54 am 

when the eighth went in - the city fans were cheering louder than the boro fans

I 've heard that the fans behaviour has fecked us for the fair play

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 am 

i dont think fan behaviour counts, it only counts towards the nations rating

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:58 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:

you're right, there is no mention of fan's behaviour on the points system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:01 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:

so that means that the PL could name fulham instead of us ?

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:04 am 

Timpblue wrote:

no because if we finish above them we get it regardless of what the league say, it would be like them giving the title to chelsea becasue they gave it their best shot.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:05 am 

Squidge wrote:
I'm sorry Slart but what have the Fulham and Liverpool game got to do with it?

Fulham, 2-0 up, can hardly be accused of a lack of effort getting to that point. They then threw it away which was disapointing because they are a piss poor team, but they gave it everything and for all the disapointment these things happen.

Liverpool...we may not have created many chanced but we did alright, 1-0 is hardly a crisis scoreline at Anfield, they're a better team than us and the result was to be expected.

Middlesbrough - fucking disgraceful. No excuses, the players have embarrassed everyone at the club.

I make that one game where they haven't played to the standard, or put the effort in, that you would expect of professional footballers.

Against Fulham we scored 2 goals against a poor team without really stepping up a gear. At this point we should have torn them to shreds. We had the players to do this. The game lasts 90 minutes and we didn't play for 90 minutes against Fulham. That was the worst performance I have ever witnessed by a City team. Liverpool are a better team but we played poorly against them. A lot of players gave the ball away cheaply throughout the game. We never looked like we could get a point never mind a win. The 'Boro game was unforgivable. I wouldn't mind this as much if we have a shit team. We don't. We have a team that nearly earned a place in Europe on League position. We beat the premiership champions twice. We managed to stay in the top 4 for a few months. The last time we played well was against Portsmouth. After that we didn't have any wit, passion or drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:06 am 
Timpblue wrote:

No I know you're on a wind up.

*sighs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:07 am 

slart wrote:
Against Fulham we scored 2 goals against a poor team without really stepping up a gear. At this point we should have torn them to shreds. We had the players to do this. The game lasts 90 minutes and we didn't play for 90 minutes against Fulham. That was the worst performance I have ever witnessed by a City team. Liverpool are a better team but we played poorly against them. A lot of players gave the ball away cheaply throughout the game. We never looked like we could get a point never mind a win. The 'Boro game was unforgivable. I wouldn't mind this as much if we have a shit team. We don't. We have a team that nearly earned a place in Europe on League position. We beat the premiership champions twice. We managed to stay in the top 4 for a few months. The last time we played well was against Portsmouth. After that we didn't have any wit, passion or drive.

all good comedians need that

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:11 am 

Timpblue wrote:

no

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:12 am 

Emigre wrote:
No I know you're on a wind up.

*sighs*

curses - I would have gotten away with it to if it wasn't for you pesky kids

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:13 am 
Timpblue wrote:
curses - I would have gotten away with it to if it wasn't for you pesky kids

*Climbs in to gaily coloured van*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 am 

*will do anything for a scooby snak*

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:15 am 

slart wrote:

That is surely a case for the biggest exaggeration of all time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:26 am 

Labmonkey wrote:
Probably, but only on the basis that if they can do that to my boss they can just as easily do it to me. That said, I'm not a footballer who would be able to walk into another job with ease and receive a hefty fee for doing so (as well as potentially escaping from a boss with whose decisions I disagreed).

personally i work as long as there is work to be done, but if i was under little illusion that i would be out the door when the new manager shows up...
but yes, footballers operate to different criteria. i think the bit about escaping the boss with questionable decision making may be more of a central issue than we realise...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next