Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:02 pm 

I was traumatised watching the game. Not cuz Corluka wasn't there. (you should all say sorry to mike, by the way) and not because they said Ireland may be going to Sunderland, (cuz that didn't worry me at all) But because Danny Mills thinks he's going to earn a new contract at city.

Oh yeah... and we played great today, I thought. Woo... Hoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:07 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
I was traumatised watching the game. Not cuz Corluka wasn't there. (you should all say sorry to mike, by the way) and not because they said Ireland may be going to Sunderland, (cuz that didn't worry me at all) But because Danny Mills thinks he's going to earn a new contract at city.

Oh yeah... and we played great today, I thought. Woo... Hoo.

We did indeed, the knocks / injuries are a worry though, it's not looking great.. I'm not a massive fan of Ireland, but we are in no position to be getting rid of players.. am i right in thinking the injuries are Vass, Petrov, Micah, Garrido and Benjani..? with Dunne being suspended for the first how many games?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 pm 

Lol...Danny Mills says he should be back at Christmas. So will santa Danny but he wont get a contract either (unless its Santa Cruz)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:12 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:
We did indeed, the knocks / injuries are a worry though, it's not looking great.. I'm not a massive fan of Ireland, but we are in no position to be getting rid of players.. am i right in thinking the injuries are Vass, Petrov, Micah, Garrido and Benjani..? with Dunne being suspended for the first how many games?

And Bojinov. Although I'm hoping they'll all be okay by the time of the game. I am worried about Richards and Bojinov most. Petrov I think will be ok. I though Ben Haim played really well today. Brilliant in fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:15 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
And Bojinov. Although I'm hoping they'll all be okay by the time of the game. I am worried about Richards and Bojinov most. Petrov I think will be ok. I though Ben Haim played really well today. Brilliant in fact.

Oh yeah, :S what did Boj go off with then? i must have briefly been distracted by the women in the household lol.
Yeah Ben Haim definitely impressed, he could turn out to be a great signing for the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:16 pm 

Talking about playing brilliant. I thought Fernandes was good today, but even better when he went to right back. I though Ned was good to. One of his best for city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:17 pm 

I thought Vassell was great today. Playing upfront where he belongs he's an absoloute star, i can't believe so many people can criticize him. When played in his right position which is upfront he can do damage and whip balls in when he can. I think every english player on the pitch impressed today and knobhead (Capello) can leave the match thinking we got some good prospects there for the England squad. Bit miffed at the injuries though hope none are serious. All in all we played a blinder and on paper.........
WE BEAT AC MILAN 1-0!!!!!!! No matter which players were out it was still a strong side and we whipped them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:18 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:
Oh yeah, :S what did Boj go off with then? i must have briefly been distracted by the women in the household lol.
Yeah Ben Haim definitely impressed, he could turn out to be a great signing for the price.

I dont know. He was holding his knee and limping for the last few minutes of the first half. He never came out for the second half so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:19 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:
Quality performance, quality goal, Boj looked really hungry for goals and that's something we haven't had in a while. Really chuffed with the performance and effort.. our fitness was clearly visible towards the end, we knackered out AC Milan :p AC Milan who? :p lol. Vass really surprised me today, I've been quite negative about him in the past as you'll probs remember but credit where credit's due.. he looked good today, not just with the effort, but he really ran them ragged and he linked well with Boj and the team in general to be honest.

Fantastic goal and it shows Boj is just what we need ie.someone to cut the crap and stick it in the onion bag.

Also loved seeing Evans muscle Maldini off the ball...proper attitude kiddo!

Post subject:

Oh and just one more thing......MILLSY BOY YOU AIN'T EVER GETTING BACK IN THIS SIDE!!!

Post subject:

Did I mention I think I love Bojinov. Cuz I think I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:27 pm 

I've gotta say i found the short pulling incident pretty funny :D lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:29 pm 

Everyone put in a great effort today, we looked GOOOOD. Name any player today, they played great.

Corluka is a concern, why leave mate? Seriously :confused:

I think Dunne should play second fiddle to Haim. There, it's been said. Dunne has been awesome for us but we need a CH with distribution now as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:33 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Everyone put in a great effort today, we looked GOOOOD. Name any player today, they played great.

I think Dunne should play second fiddle to Haim. There, it's been said. Dunne has been awesome for us but we need a CH with distribution now as well.

Big call re Dunne that Danny, but agree about the team today. I thought we looked very good.

Ok, it's only a friendly but we showed some quality this evening and effort too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:43 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

It'll take several continually outstanding performances for that to happen.. but you never know.. Dunne's out for the first few games...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:43 pm 

Cloudyshin O'Watra wrote:
Big call re Dunne that Danny, but agree about the team today. I thought we looked very good.

Ok, it's only a friendly but we showed some quality this evening and effort too.

We played like a team but as you suggested it's a friendly and we should keep our feet on the ground.

Been thinking this about Dunne for sometime, this should be his last season for City.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
We played like a team but as you suggested it's a friendly and we should keep our feet on the ground.

Been thinking this about Dunne for sometime, this should be his last season for City.

Troubled water there

*Gets Danny into a safe house* :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:32 pm 

the build up play before elano had the ball cleared off the line was immence with ball with the 1st time flick to garrido i was in dreamland oh and jeebs you will have to fight me for bonjinov :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:37 pm 

Who did AC Milan play? Can't of been City because nobody's said a bad thing about us yet

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:39 pm 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
Who did AC Milan play? Can't of been City because nobody's said a bad thing about us yet

thats because we were very good lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next