Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020-21 season
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 am 

...and with results last night, it starts becoming more and more about what we do with it. Come on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:33 am 

12 straight in all comps. League equal record. I am quietly excited.

:)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:42 pm 

This run has also got me plumping up nicely too. The only thing I’d say is it’s been against teams we’d be expected to beat. In the next 6 PL games we’ve got Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Utd. The next six weeks will go a long way to deciding whether we’ll win the league.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:31 pm 

:TopHat2

That is all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 pm 

Pleasant watching that. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:45 pm 

I freeley admit to having wood when the 4th.went in, from a little bleeding genius.
He has absolutely come of age.
No being in awe.
He was just in the zone..

First time I've felt nerves and anxiety over a match.
And then it ends in joy..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:03 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Pleasant watching that. :)

Wasn’t pleasant for my neighbours. Fuck me I went ape shit. I’d also had a couple of drinks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:52 am 

Never has the phrase 'Foden is a blue' been so very accurate. He's the new SWP, crowd favourite, works hard and has talent in bags.

Have a look at our team and sans injuries, I wouldn't change out anyone. Appears our additions of: Dias, Cancelo, Rodrigo have been wise.

We are in a good position now, pep needs to keep them grounded as he does, make sure we don't slip against teams like swans. Exciting times, stellar football.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:44 pm 

The really pleasing thing about this run is that we’ve done it without our best player. Spurs at the weekend might be the biggest test yet, given that Mourinho will try and make everyone fall out of love with football.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:23 am 

Yeh agreed. And Jose seems to know how to play Pep, but we we won't be afraid.

Ummmm, swans keeper had a MARE last night.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:41 pm 

The last few weeks have been quite pleasing. It is important to build up a good lead as sooner or later we will go typical City and drop some points.
Interesting that Garth Crooks, a good player but rubbish pundit, claimed this week that Foden was not on the same level as Grealish, Maddison and Mason Mount.He said Foden is only good because he plays in a good team with good players. Completely missed the point that he is better than lots of the rest of the team.

Post subject: 2020-21 season
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:03 pm 

Had that argument with an Arsenal mate of mine who reckons Saka (who I really rate) is better than Foden because Arsenal are shit. It works both ways, it’s easier to look good if you’re playing in a team of bang average players. The fact that Foden still shines every match among super stars and consistently finds ways of opening up teams that park the bus against us shows he’s head and shoulders above every other English player in his age group.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:43 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
The last few weeks have been quite pleasing. It is important to build up a good lead as sooner or later we will go typical City and drop some points.
Interesting that Garth Crooks, a good player but rubbish pundit, claimed this week that Foden was not on the same level as Grealish, Maddison and Mason Mount.He said Foden is only good because he plays in a good team with good players. Completely missed the point that he is better than lots of the rest of the team.

Aye it's been good, established a new record of wins, created a bit of a buffer by winning the games that we probably should, defended well and generally established a way of playing that should see us through. Decent amount of rotation as well without much upset so near enough everyone's getting minutes and no one should be too knackered by the constant games.

Interesting in the sense that he is talking an unfathomable amount of tosh, how can one man produce so much bullshit?

Grealish I think would look better in a better team, but then i also think he'd make more media fuck ups and get pilloried for it. Of the current crop of English youngsters he's about the only one i'd put even near Foden. Saka possibly looks better than he is because of how abject Arsenal are at the moment, which saddens me somewhat as i'd like Arteta to do well enough to hold the job for a few seasons. Foden is an immense talent, although his fuck up in Iceland appears to have stalled his international career a little, if i'm paying enough attention, which is daft. We have a huge amount of young, talented midfielders but he really should be higher up the pecking order for the national team. With Kev out, Foden and Gundog have been filling the gap brilliantly. That he shone so brightly against the bin-dippers speaks volumes about his ability and composure. Thinking about it, that's one of the things that strikes me - his level of composure on the ball - he plays like someone 5 years older. Give Sterling too much time and you get a bad feeling that he's going to think before he does something with it, not so with Foden. That goal. whoof.

i just wish he was played more in the league because he's cheap as fuck for FF and does well whenever he plays.

Spuds threatens to be a turgid game, but spuds have been fairly shit of late, and it's a shame Kane is back fit. we could either brutalise them or lose to a solitary goal and Jose's appalling brand anti-football. I don't think we're anywhere near as brittle at the back as we have been when they stuffed us with counter attacks, so there's that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:55 pm 

Well, that was rather pleasant. Spuds looked very ordinary, if not more like training ground cones. Hopefully gundog isn't too injured, but that was about the only bad thing about the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:58 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Spurs at the weekend might be the biggest test yet,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:01 pm 

Bastard wrote:
South East Citizen wrote:
Spurs at the weekend might be the biggest test yet,

To be fair if Kane’s free kick had gone in it would’ve been a very different game, as we’ve found out when we’ve gone behind against them in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:42 am 

I was looking at everton being the potential slip up as they have been playing very well, and then they lost at home to fulham. Makes no sense.

Just enjoying our football right now, terrific to watch. Gundog, Dias, Ederson, Foden, the whole team frankly, and all without KDB and Sergio. Frightening what we could be capable of.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:12 am 

The machine rolls on. :)

Post subject: Re: 2020-21 seasonf
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:53 pm 

And so it goes.
Much as I like supporting the best team, sometimes I miss those days when before a match we presumed that we would easily stick 3 or 4 past some supposedly weak opposition, only to get beaten by a scruffy goal in the last minute, and then beat the top of the league next week .
I think the excitement of not knowing what will happen is better than the boring certainty of yet another routine victory.
I am not complaining, another championship will be welcomed, but it is not exciting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:37 pm 

I kinda hear you Bert but absence makes the heart...and all that.

I am just genuinely enjoying the football we play. I'm not that bright, clearly, but liverpool in the 80's, un*ted in the 90's, arsenal early 2000 all had a unique style and brand of footy. I feel Pep and his teams at City are close to having that kind of stamp on the league. A title this season would help my point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next