Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: We have to believe
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:43 am 

I can accept referee mistakes and shit evening itself out over a season but NOT!!! in 3 important games

you make shit mistakes like that in an improtant job you're sacked. I gave up as soon as we conceded the first one. Was all about we'd be alright as long as we don't concede.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Was McManaman still claiming he was off even after still seeing the replay?!

Aye, the cunt.

Know what you mean sec. Even bernardo's booking in the first half would've been a shout for a pen tbh, as he handballed it off bouncing from milner's arm. I'm fucked off that both the last games have had questionable decisions that have cost us, but tempered by thinking it shouldn't fucking be the difference between making a decent showing and getting a dicking over two legs. Our procession to the title will also be completely overshadowed if these scouse cunts actually win it.

I know I sound like a bad loser and I probably am, but had they gone in at half time 2-0 down they would felt like they got off lightly, we were that much better than them. Just needing 1 goal in the second half to even the tie I think we would easy have done it, rather than coming out with an air of desperation about us which led to conceding. They were better than us for 19 minutes over the two legs but a well timed wrong decision can have a massive impact. Horrible way to go out.

Hard to be magnanimous in defeat when there's glaring injustice to it tbf. If it had stood it would've rattled them and boosted us, pep wouldn't have gone to the stands and the players wouldn't have been raging at the ref at the whistle. Huge change in complexion to the second half. Even if we'd gone and conceded the two goals from there i'd have taken it a lot better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 am 

HOW THE FUCK CAN THE REFS IN 3 GAMES IN 6 DAYS GET SUCH IMPORTANT DECISIONS SO WRONG THAT HAS COST US A POTENTIAL SEMI FINAL AND A POTENTIAL PL TITLE!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 am 

I really need to vent. I've honestly not been this pissed off since maybe Owens 125th minute winner in the 4-3, it's honestly giving me a headache

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:44 am 

I still remember that loss too Gal, after a Bellamy wonder goal and what should have been a draw, the ref had to get involved.

Been questioning everything this week; am I being one-eyed, are the varying cups/leagues conspiring against us, are refs conspiring against us, am I still a bitter, would this set of circumstances happened to another club in the same position? Given we are not manchester un*ited, the sweethearts of the league for 30 years now, were we destined to have the minimum available to us?

It really doesn't matter. No one will feel worse than Pep right now, a genius and the conductor of the best football ever seen at City if not the league. We will come back hard next season, of that I am sure. 8 days ago I was still riding the best seasonal campaign ever, been a tough week.

It's all good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:48 pm 

I know I sound like a bad loser and I probably am, but had they gone in at half time 2-0 down they would felt like they got off lightly, we were that much better than them. Just needing 1 goal in the second half to even the tie I think we would easy have done it, rather than coming out with an air of desperation about us which led to conceding. They were better than us for 19 minutes over the two legs but a well timed wrong decision can have a massive impact. Horrible way to go out.

You don't sound like a bad loser. If our second goal had stood, we probably would have gone on to score another in the second half. I also believe that if the penalty decision had gone our way on Saturday, they would not have scored at all in the second half. We were robbed in both games.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:49 am 

Chorlton wrote:
You don't sound like a bad loser. If our second goal had stood, we probably would have gone on to score another in the second half. I also believe that if the penalty decision had gone our way on Saturday, they would not have scored at all in the second half. We were robbed in both games.

Quite simply, yes.

Graham Poll said the same of both games.