Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:10 pm 

And the ref to take charge of the biggest game of the season is Mark Clattenburg.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:24 pm 

3 penalty headstart to the bin-dipping, rat-eating murdering scouse cunts then.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:06 pm 

We'll beat the murdering scouse cunts!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 am 

The big one! The match that may well decide the leagues champ. 0 - 0 draw anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:01 am 

Deluded dipper twat. This is why Liverpool must not win the league. The smugness and sense of entitlement deserve nothing but failure and humiliation.

http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/opinion/john-aldridge/even-united-fans-would-like-to-see-liverpool-win-the-title

Quote:
Even United fans would like to see Liverpool win the title!
Monday 31st March 2014
● John Aldridge
Rodgers is going about things in the right way

It would be fantastic for the Premier League if Liverpool end up winning the title this season – and I bet even a few Manchester United supporters will see some sense in my logic when I say that!

United and Liverpool have been the two traditional super clubs of English football down the years and their roots are planted in rich histories that have been nurtured over many decades of success at Old Trafford and Anfield.

Yet the rules of the Premier League were changed in 2004 when Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea and then Manchester City was taken over by rich Arabs who ensured it was so difficult for clubs operating with more traditional budgets to achieve success in the Premier League.

All credit to United because they competed with City and Chelsea during the Alex Ferguson years and have a commercial base that is the envy of every other club in the game, but Liverpool are getting back to where they belong using methods that people feared were out of date and banished for good.

The Liverpool of old used to build their success around a relatively small squad, with the promotion of young players at the club and a clear vision for the future guiding them towards the success they enjoyed year after year in the 1970s and ’80s.

Well, Brendan Rodgers has brought that philosophy back to the club this season and, all of a sudden, he is seven games away from the most improbable title success Liverpool have ever enjoyed.

We all know United and Liverpool fans have a huge rivalry that dates back over several decades, but I’m sure they will appreciate what I mean when I say football will be the winner if a team ends up winning the Premier League title without being funded by backers who have more money than sense, as Liverpool’s American owner John W Henry is a much more conservative spender than Chelsea’s and City’s owners.

Every neutral would agree that Liverpool have been a breath of fresh air this season and as we edge towards the first week of April, they are bang in this title race, make no mistake about it.

If they beat Tottenham at Anfield today and go on to win their final three home matches in the Premier League programme – two of which are against title-rivals Manchester City and Chelsea – then there is a real chance they will end up as champions.

I can’t believe I’m writing these words so close to the end of the season. You have to hand it to Rodgers and his team, because none of us saw this title challenge coming and yet, with just seven matches left to play, they have a real sniff at winning the thing.

You could sense that everyone at Liverpool started to believe the title was a possibility in the game against Sunderland last Wednesday, with the Anfield crowd as nervous as some of the players as they tried to secure what should have been a routine home win. In the end, everyone was relieved to hear the whistle after a 2-1 success.

The trouble at this stage of the season is that nothing is routine, as this is the kind of opportunity that does not come along too often and suddenly you start to feel the pressure to make the most of it.

I’m now convinced a top-three finish – and automatic qualification for the Champions League – is well within their grasp at the very least.

Arsenal have looked very vulnerable in recent weeks, as they tend to do at the back end of a season, but Chelsea and City have squads that should be more than capable of sustaining a run over the final six weeks.

Liverpool need to beat both of them at Anfield if they are to get in the mix and, while that is more than possible given the scoring form of Rodgers’s team this season, it will be a tough task in what will be high-pressure games.

Any side that wins a title race as tight as the one we are witnessing this season needs strong wills, a bit of luck here and there and the odd slip-up from their opponents. The mere fact that we are still talking about the prospect of Liverpool winning the league confirms they could pull off the miracle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:11 pm 

slart wrote:
Deluded dipper twat. This is why Liverpool must not win the league. The smugness and sense of entitlement deserve nothing but failure and humiliation.

http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/opinion/john-aldridge/even-united-fans-would-like-to-see-liverpool-win-the-title

Quote:
Even United fans would like to see Liverpool win the title!
Monday 31st March 2014
● John Aldridge
Rodgers is going about things in the right way

It would be fantastic for the Premier League if Liverpool end up winning the title this season – and I bet even a few Manchester United supporters will see some sense in my logic when I say that!

United and Liverpool have been the two traditional super clubs of English football down the years and their roots are planted in rich histories that have been nurtured over many decades of success at Old Trafford and Anfield.

Yet the rules of the Premier League were changed in 2004 when Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea and then Manchester City was taken over by rich Arabs who ensured it was so difficult for clubs operating with more traditional budgets to achieve success in the Premier League.

All credit to United because they competed with City and Chelsea during the Alex Ferguson years and have a commercial base that is the envy of every other club in the game, but Liverpool are getting back to where they belong using methods that people feared were out of date and banished for good.

The Liverpool of old used to build their success around a relatively small squad, with the promotion of young players at the club and a clear vision for the future guiding them towards the success they enjoyed year after year in the 1970s and ’80s.

Well, Brendan Rodgers has brought that philosophy back to the club this season and, all of a sudden, he is seven games away from the most improbable title success Liverpool have ever enjoyed.

We all know United and Liverpool fans have a huge rivalry that dates back over several decades, but I’m sure they will appreciate what I mean when I say football will be the winner if a team ends up winning the Premier League title without being funded by backers who have more money than sense, as Liverpool’s American owner John W Henry is a much more conservative spender than Chelsea’s and City’s owners.

Every neutral would agree that Liverpool have been a breath of fresh air this season and as we edge towards the first week of April, they are bang in this title race, make no mistake about it.

If they beat Tottenham at Anfield today and go on to win their final three home matches in the Premier League programme – two of which are against title-rivals Manchester City and Chelsea – then there is a real chance they will end up as champions.

I can’t believe I’m writing these words so close to the end of the season. You have to hand it to Rodgers and his team, because none of us saw this title challenge coming and yet, with just seven matches left to play, they have a real sniff at winning the thing.

You could sense that everyone at Liverpool started to believe the title was a possibility in the game against Sunderland last Wednesday, with the Anfield crowd as nervous as some of the players as they tried to secure what should have been a routine home win. In the end, everyone was relieved to hear the whistle after a 2-1 success.

The trouble at this stage of the season is that nothing is routine, as this is the kind of opportunity that does not come along too often and suddenly you start to feel the pressure to make the most of it.

I’m now convinced a top-three finish – and automatic qualification for the Champions League – is well within their grasp at the very least.

Arsenal have looked very vulnerable in recent weeks, as they tend to do at the back end of a season, but Chelsea and City have squads that should be more than capable of sustaining a run over the final six weeks.

Liverpool need to beat both of them at Anfield if they are to get in the mix and, while that is more than possible given the scoring form of Rodgers’s team this season, it will be a tough task in what will be high-pressure games.

Any side that wins a title race as tight as the one we are witnessing this season needs strong wills, a bit of luck here and there and the odd slip-up from their opponents. The mere fact that we are still talking about the prospect of Liverpool winning the league confirms they could pull off the miracle.

Nauseating. The shite and the dippers against the world and standing up for all that is right in football...

I was intrigued so, against my better judgement, I had a quick look at his twitter feed, I found this:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:56 pm 

I shouldn't really pass on things I've heard through confession but fuck it, Brendan Rogers pleasures himself with a bottle of ToiletDuck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:09 pm 

Tell you what, I'm not relishing the trip to Goodison Park either...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:11 pm 

Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:
I shouldn't really pass on things I've heard through confession but fuck it, Brendan Rogers pleasures himself with a bottle of ToiletDuck

Tell us more, full or empty? Top on or off?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:16 am 

Markered Man wrote:

Hmmmmm - All that cheap local talent!

Luis Alberto Seville £6,800,000 22 Jun, 2013
Iago Aspas Celta Vigo £7,200,000 23 Jun, 2013
Simon Mignolet Sunderland £9,000,000 25 Jun, 2013
Joao Teixeira Sporting Lisbon Signed 01 Jul, 2013
Kolo Toure Man City Free 02 Jul, 2013
Mamadou Sakho Paris St-G. £18,000,000 02 Sep, 2013
Tiago Ilori Sporting Lisbon £7,000,000 02 Sep, 2013

Fabio Borini Roma £10,500,000 09 Jul, 2012
Joe Allen Swansea £15,000,000 10 Aug, 2012
Daniel Sturridge Chelsea £12,000,000 02 Jan, 2013
Philippe Coutinho Inter £8,500,000 30 Jan, 2013

Charlie Adam Blackpool £9,000,000 08 Jul, 2011
Stewart Downing Aston Villa £20,000,000 15 Jul, 2011

Luis Suarez Ajax £22,800,000 31 Jan, 2011
Andy Carroll Newcastle £35,000,000 31 Jan, 2011
Jordan Henderson Sunderland £16,000,000 10 Jun, 2011

Glen Johnson Portsmouth £18,000,000 01 Jul, 2009
Alberto Aquilani Roma £20,000,000 07 Aug, 2009

Robbie Keane Tottenham £20,300,000 28 Jul, 2008

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:48 am 

Good point well made.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:36 pm 

Markered Man wrote:
Nauseating. The shite and the dippers against the world and standing up for all that is right in football...

I was intrigued so, against my better judgement, I had a quick look at his twitter feed, I found this:

Well, that is one of the most hideous things I've ever seen. Typically scouse.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:55 pm 

So i'm spending the day with my possible new Employers tomorrow.

should i bring up the football? Have a bit of banter and shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:59 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:23 pm 

See how much the tickets are going for?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:17 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Markered Man wrote:

Well, that is one of the most hideous things I've ever seen. Typically scouse.

I assumed that was done by some rival fan taking the piss out of them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:10 pm 

Dirty thieving murdering soft arse unintelligible welsh ulgy cunts.
:mad:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:10 pm 

Kimbo has a way with words. *swoon*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:30 am 

Gobby wrote:
Kimbo has a way with words. *swoon*

Its my annual pop at them mate..i do try. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:05 am 

Remember when the Munichs had their special anniversary celebrations of becoming Munichs at the swamp?
Backfired spectacularly on the pitch as I recall?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next