Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 pm 

ESM wrote:
Vass was the man of the match you uneducated tits.

The little flick from behind, the way he got into space. Tonight was a Vassell I could make love to

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 pm 

Calm down guys, as much as i like the result we were playing a shite team full of part timers... For the vass lovers out there.. he was playing against accountants and plumbers ffs lol.. When he's back to playing against prem opposition (hopefully not) no doubt it'll be a different story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:24 pm 
Some people will never ever be happy. This forum is starting to make ESM and Bastard look cheerful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Some people will never ever be happy. This forum is starting to make ESM and Bastard look cheerful.

There's a difference between negativity and realism.. part timers, i say no more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:10 am 

Emigre wrote:

I really can't think of two cheerier folk. Maybe gl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:57 am 

Watched the match at my Grandparents' house - my Grandad has been supporting City longer than Bert and I always love cheering on City with him. He gave me a red and black scarf he got in the 90s to go with the new away kit i'm gonna buy. We enjoyed having a good grumble at the game but overall I'm happy. Having said that:

Etuhu: Really pleased with the way he came on and obviously wanted to influence the game and ran at the defenders but seriously needs to work on his crossing.

Ball: Absolute 100% shite. Every time he got the ball I knew a shitty 'cross' into the sky was coming and he never failed me. Seriously he doesn't know how to pass the ball across the ground or provide a decent cross, every single time he was in kicking range of their box he just hoofed it straight into the air either into a defender or out for a goal kick. Garrido definitely deserves another chance.

Elano: I heart Elano and that will never change but tonight I just wished he had scored. You could tell after all of his missed efforts that he was getting a bit frustrated with good reason. He had at least 6 or 7 really decent chances where he either shot straight at the keeper, blasted it far wide or just scuffed it along the ground. He did really well otherwise and if he'd have scored I wouldn't have any grievances against him.

Sturridge/Evans: Both of them were very eager and both of them demonstrated that they have talent in abundance and with a bit of first team maturity I am really, really excited to see how they'll develop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:01 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Watched the match at my Grandparents' house - my Grandad has been supporting City longer than Bert and I always love cheering on City with him. He gave me a red and black scarf he got in the 90s to go with the new away kit i'm gonna buy. We enjoyed having a good grumble at the game but overall I'm happy. Having said that:

Etuhu: Really pleased with the way he came on and obviously wanted to influence the game and ran at the defenders but seriously needs to work on his crossing.

Ball: Absolute 100% shite. Every time he got the ball I knew a shitty 'cross' into the sky was coming and he never failed me. Seriously he doesn't know how to pass the ball across the ground or provide a decent cross, every single time he was in kicking range of their box he just hoofed it straight into the air either into a defender or out for a goal kick. Garrido definitely deserves another chance.

Elano: I heart Elano and that will never change but tonight I just wished he had scored. You could tell after all of his missed efforts that he was getting a bit frustrated with good reason. He had at least 6 or 7 really decent chances where he either shot straight at the keeper, blasted it far wide or just scuffed it along the ground. He did really well otherwise and if he'd have scored I wouldn't have any grievances against him.

Sturridge/Evans: Both of them were very eager and both of them demonstrated that they have talent in abundance and with a bit of first team maturity I am really, really excited to see how they'll develop.

I didn't see any of the match but the BBC reporting our domination and creativity pleases me. Also like what you have to say here about Elano, Sturridge, Evans ...Michael Ball however is a worry. Hopefully just a bad night.

Etuhu our answer to an off the bench left winger? Well in lad. And well done Blues. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am 

I saw the game and it must have been so frustrating for the City team - Streymur had 11 players behind the ball for 90% of the game. There was no space to play real creative or fluent football. On another night we cold have had 7 or 8. They deserved a lot of credit for sticking to a plan and their keeper played really well.

I thought Etuhu was trying too hard, his final ball every time was shocking. Ball seemed to have his own plan last night and it was just to lift the ball into the box every time he got it - not an attempt at a cross just a lift - can't see him lasting long on the left.

Strange to hear the City Fans still chanting for Sven at the start of the game.. hope they get behind Hughes when the Prem starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:41 am 

I agree that we can't get too excited, but it's not like we've got this great history of cruising by part-timers.

We should have expected a comfortable win of this round and that is what we got.

The next round should be a slightly firmer test, but we should expect the get through that as well.

Post subject: A poor night overall
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:21 am 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Decided at the last minute to get myself down to Barnsley for the game. So a little short journey that normally takes me 30 minutes in heavy rush hour traffic, took me an hour thanks to some bell-end who went through on red at a crossroads and caused a crash...causing a tailback.... so i get there to be told i can pay on the turnstile, went through got me ticket to find my seat is in a mainly wooden stand...on a wooden seat with enough legroom from a leprachaun, i then had to endure 90 minutes of anti-city abuse from two chavvy barnsley fans sat behind me. Add to that none of our forwards could hit a cows arse with a banjo, 36 shots and 2 goals, just isnt good enough.
At half time I had to piss on wall........ i thought they were once in the premiership, and my pie was off, cos when i got home i spewed me guts up.....
I bet the facilities were better in the faroes.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:28 am 

blueinyorkshire wrote:
Decided at the last minute to get myself down to Barnsley for the game. So a little short journey that normally takes me 30 minutes in heavy rush hour traffic, took me an hour thanks to some bell-end who went through on red at a crossroads and caused a crash...causing a tailback.... so i get there to be told i can pay on the turnstile, went through got me ticket to find my seat is in a mainly wooden stand...on a wooden seat with enough legroom from a leprachaun, i then had to endure 90 minutes of anti-city abuse from two chavvy barnsley fans sat behind me. Add to that none of our forwards could hit a cows arse with a banjo, 36 shots and 2 goals, just isnt good enough.
At half time I had to piss on wall........ i thought they were once in the premiership, and my pie was off, cos when i got home i spewed me guts up.....
I bet the facilities were better in the faroes.....

We won, you did an outdoor pee and had a pie. Sounds like a top night to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:34 am 

Benny wrote:
We won, you did an outdoor pee and had a pie. Sounds like a top night to me.

fair point, ive read back my comments and realised i sound like one of the prawn sandwich twats......
To think I graduated from the kippax with the walls to piss on, i used to stand near a geezer that had a pint then pissed in the glass...eeeh happy days....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:36 am 

Ad_87 wrote:
And only two goals.. you can tell Vass was up front.. he played well in terms of effort don't get me wrong.. but we need more than effort in the prem.. get shot and bring in some talent.

Actualy it was more Sturridge who was more wasteful, he was trying too hard and Petrov and Elano were shooting from anywhere too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:58 am 

good solid performance, Vass actually impressed me, he must wish he played part timers every week

I'm liking Elano out wide, looks good , we still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo though, and Kelvin needs to spend a few hours a day on his crossing

apart from that, very solid start

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 am 

Timpblue wrote:
good solid performance, Vass actually impressed me, he must wish he played part timers every week

I'm liking Elano out wide, looks good , we still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo though, and Kelvin needs to spend a few hours a day on his crossing

apart from that, very solid start

Agreed ditto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:35 am 

that match bored me last night, and we are only on 1st of August today, yet i found myself shouting at the tv over City's inability to put the ball in the bleedin net. This doesn't bode well for a new season.:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 am 
Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
that match bored me last night, and we are only on 1st of August today, yet i found myself shouting at the tv over City's inability to put the ball in the bleedin net. This doesn't bode well for a new season.:mad:

Either you're joking or nursie is withholding your medicine again. Which is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:41 am 

Emigre wrote:
Either you're joking or nursie is withholding your medicine again. Which is it?

I thought it was garbage, okay, we passed the ball okay, but it's the same frustrating thing as last season, we still can't put the ball in the net. No end product, time after time after time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:43 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
I thought it was garbage, okay, we passed the ball okay, but it's the same frustrating thing as last season, we still can't put the ball in the net. No end product, time after time after time.

Saying that i was sat 3 rows behind the dugout and i heard blues giving elano a right shoeing over his wastefulness and he gave a bollocking to dunney for playing too deep...so at least they know if they play shit they will get instant feedback from the gaffer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:50 am 

blueinyorkshire wrote:
Saying that i was sat 3 rows behind the dugout and i heard blues giving elano a right shoeing over his wastefulness and he gave a bollocking to dunney for playing too deep...so at least they know if they play shit they will get instant feedback from the gaffer

suppose that's something, Sven would have just sat there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8