Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: bubble blowing scum
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:12 pm 

Has SEC managed to hound away yet another forummer??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:23 pm 

flounce/hound.

tbf this and the cska match were rather unedifying in terms of selection and tactics on manuel's part, but calling for his head is a touch premature.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:36 pm 

I just wish he'd post before the match what the squad and formation should be. Posting after every match we lose with what system would've definitely won the match is fucking crass.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:29 am 

European hangover.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:36 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
European hangover.

Title hangover.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:17 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
flounce/hound.

tbf this and the cska match were rather unedifying in terms of selection and tactics on manuel's part, but calling for his head is a touch premature.

tbf he didn't actually call for his head did he? (paraphrasing) he said the manager can't see the problems/won't make the changes and that will cost him his job. Which may well be true...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:39 pm 

Wasn't specifically referring to his post tbh, but no he wasn't and he's not wrong in what he said really. Continuing to play a below par yaya, or being slow to make changes when required, will be worrying the longer they are features of this season. Having said that, unless we drop out of the chumpc league places i don't think the owners are likely to sack any manager before the summer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:56 pm 

You can paraphrase what he said and strip out his meaning, disregarding all his other post-defeat attacks on the manager and all his predecessors too if you like. It doesn't change the fact that he doesn't want a manager that learns from his mistakes, he wants a manager that never loses a game of football. There's no magic formula for winning every game where 22 men chase a little ball around for 90 minutes. Sometimes the tactics will be OK and we'll lose, and sometimes they'll be wrong and we'll win. If the errors were so glaring, why didn't he state them before the game? At the end of the day you can pick holes in the line up till the cows come home after the defeat, but no-one can tell me looking at the team before the KO it was obvious we were going to lose. Clichy is often cited as the better defensive option at left back, but he was largely responsible for both their goals (one of which was offside). Aguero had a bit of a mare by his standards, should've got a couple at least, so would Nostrafterburn not have started him? Dzeko's goals won us the league at the end of last season so you can't blame the manager for playing him now. Toure hasn't hit the form of last season, but he was fucking good last season. I still wouldn't want Lampard starting ahead of him. We hit the woodwork twice, had loads more chances. Plus West Ham are a good team at the moment - losing away to them isn't the affront to humanity being made out. Accusing the players of "not trying" is totally dumb. . I might've given way to my frustration a bit yesterday but it's bad enough coping with a defeat without the players and manager who won the league for us last year being called a disgrace. Sunderland against Southampton were a disgrace. City yesterday weren't.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:15 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
You can paraphrase what he said and strip out his meaning, disregarding all his other post-defeat attacks on the manager and all his predecessors too if you like. It doesn't change the fact that he doesn't want a manager that learns from his mistakes, he wants a manager that never loses a game of football. There's no magic formula for winning every game where 22 men chase a little ball around for 90 minutes. Sometimes the tactics will be OK and we'll lose, and sometimes they'll be wrong and we'll win. If the errors were so glaring, why didn't he state them before the game? At the end of the day you can pick holes in the line up till the cows come home after the defeat, but no-one can tell me looking at the team before the KO it was obvious we were going to lose. Clichy is often cited as the better defensive option at left back, but he was largely responsible for both their goals (one of which was offside). Aguero had a bit of a mare by his standards, should've got a couple at least, so would Nostrafterburn not have started him? Dzeko's goals won us the league at the end of last season so you can't blame the manager for playing him now. Toure hasn't hit the form of last season, but he was fucking good last season. I still wouldn't want Lampard starting ahead of him. We hit the woodwork twice, had loads more chances. Plus West Ham are a good team at the moment - losing away to them isn't the affront to humanity being made out. Accusing the players of "not trying" is totally dumb. . I might've given way to my frustration a bit yesterday but it's bad enough coping with a defeat without the players and manager who won the league for us last year being called a disgrace. Sunderland against Southampton were a disgrace. City yesterday weren't.

that was literally a tl;dr SEC. Paragraphs man FFS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:11 pm 

Bastard wrote:
South East Citizen wrote:

that was literally a tl;dr SEC. Paragraphs man FFS.

You're next.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:57 pm 

I think the term 'crass' here is light.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am 

Gobby wrote:
Feels like 12/13 season

This

It's as if when we win he league we need to have a fallow year before trying again