Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:39 am 

cooder wrote:
Wish I could get into RPG's but I just can't.

I'm getting back into adventure games in a big way though. Not just the classic Monkey Island (although I would like to try the Grim Fandango point and click mod) but recent ones: To the Moon (which is Point and Click as narrative exploration/adventure - brilliant though), the Blackwell games and Gemini Rue.

Enjoyed Gone Home and have Dear Esther yet to play. The Stanley Parable being another one. Read some people hating on those sort of games (Gone Home particularly) but I'm of the opinion that as long as you accept it as a slightly interactive story you can get a lot out of it. Almost like the newer Telltale games.

All that being said, this has just come out:

I'll be putting a fair few hours into this as soon as I get the chance; loved the first

I'd love to play grim fandango, just can't get it anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:59 am 

Barna Azul wrote:
cooder wrote:
Wish I could get into RPG's but I just can't.

I'm getting back into adventure games in a big way though. Not just the classic Monkey Island (although I would like to try the Grim Fandango point and click mod) but recent ones: To the Moon (which is Point and Click as narrative exploration/adventure - brilliant though), the Blackwell games and Gemini Rue.

Enjoyed Gone Home and have Dear Esther yet to play. The Stanley Parable being another one. Read some people hating on those sort of games (Gone Home particularly) but I'm of the opinion that as long as you accept it as a slightly interactive story you can get a lot out of it. Almost like the newer Telltale games.

All that being said, this has just come out:p

I'll be putting a fair few hours into this as soon as I get the chance; loved the first

I'd love to play grim fandango, just can't get it anymore.

Tim schafer has confirmed a Grim Fandango HD version for the PS4 at E3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:18 pm 

Doing the second playthrough on hard. Like it a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:16 pm 

Bastard wrote:

Doing the second playthrough on hard. Like it a lot.

You didn't play it through on hard first time?

Pussy. I've not dared 1999 mode yet. Not played through the burial at sea either actually

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:36 pm 

lol. I like to get the feel for the guns and shit first. I'll probs finish it on hard tonight/tomorrow. Will give 1999 a go after that. Don't know whether I'll get to the DLC, I've got this waiting in the wings:

and I suspect I'm going to forfeit a big chunk of my spare time to that filthy mistress...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:01 pm 

Bastard wrote:
lol. I like to get the feel for the guns and shit first. I'll probs finish it on hard tonight/tomorrow. Will give 1999 a go after that. Don't know whether I'll get to the DLC, I've got this waiting in the wings:

and I suspect I'm going to forfeit a big chunk of my spare time to that filthy mistress...

I've been waiting to get into that for some time. The opening sequence and song is great. Don't really have the time anymore to play it. My fondest online playing memories (outside of Red Dead) are from Borderlands 1. Completing it on the first playthrough (last levels up to final boss) with a bunch of strangers over about 5-6 hours was a highlight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 pm 

I'll probably single player it first I think.

Also, don't got no Bluetooth headset.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:38 am 

Played a couple of hours of this. After getting past my initial skepticism it's great fun. Almost like a cross between Bioshock's run and gun and Borderland's irreverence. Storyline is paper-thin but it seems like it's supposed to be a jug-head romp blasting through shit so that's no issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:41 pm 

bordlernads 2 is free on the psn instant game collection thingy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:17 am 

Finished this recently, really enjoyed. Looks stunning on my 1440p monitor.

Story is ultimately a bit hammy but for the most part it's a thoughtful exploration game

I've put 4 hours into this:

Bloody hard and is tense. Only encountered the Alien once (outside of a cutscene). Enjoying it but may have to go down to 'Normal' difficulty, there's a lot of waiting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:01 pm 

Red Dead Redemption.

I only got my XBox just over a year ago, so I have been going through the older (cheaper) games first.

Of the 20-odd games I have played so far, my favourites are:

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 (the Special Ops section)
Grand Theft Auto IV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:07 pm 

dead rising 3 ..its a hoot.
and still BF4 fan boy online.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:57 pm 

Chorlton wrote:

I fucking loved that bit of MW2. Finished them all except for Wet Works and Snatch & Grab on the hardest setting. the had my PS3 nicked and will forever be stuck at 98% complete. :mad: I must have tried Wet Works about 200 times though...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:52 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Chorlton wrote:

I fucking loved that bit of MW2. Finished them all except for Wet Works and Snatch & Grab on the hardest setting. the had my PS3 nicked and will forever be stuck at 98% complete. :mad: I must have tried Wet Works about 200 times though...

I was unable to complete a few of them on Veteran, including those two. Breach & Clear and High Explosive were the ones that drove me crazy.

I have just started Special Ops again in 2-player mode with my nephew.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Chorlton wrote:

MW2 was the last good cod for me..
The battlefield series multiplayer is pretty brilliant..
Just been a new big patch for bf4 thats sorted the lopsided net code out and its even better, a load of little tweaks it just feels great now.

But its always been on my pc how god intended for fps games... :approve:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:11 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Bastard wrote:
Chorlton wrote:

MW2 was the last good cod for me..
The battlefield series multiplayer is pretty brilliant..
Just been a new big patch for bf4 thats sorted the lopsided net code out and its even better, a load of little tweaks it just feels great now.

But its always been on my pc how god intended for fps games... :approve:

Yes! My pc just died on me :( devastated. In other news I'm managing Dagenham & Redbridge in Fifa15. Killing it. Managed to get them to the championship so far :approve:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:20 pm 

PES 2015 - Its a fantastic return to its glory days on the field and well worth Playing!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:26 pm 

Going to be getting the re-done veraions of homeworld and homeworld 2 shortly, fucking lived those games, sank hours into them meticulously stealing enemy ships rather than destoying them

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:33 am 

Barna Azul wrote:
PES 2015 - Its a fantastic return to its glory days on the field and well worth Playing!

Yeah, me and my bro have put in over 60 hours already. It was brilliant when it first came out, the first update I didn't like though. Made the game less easy frankly. Harder to score from crosses and also more niggly fouls are given (and you get booked for each and every one, seemingly - and infuriatingly).

There's also a number of great patches for the PC version http://www.pes-patch.com/. Turns it effectively into a licensed game, I use the Tuga Vicio one which gives the graphics a HD update. Great stuff.

In other games, Bastard, I played this

I wasn't hoping for much, but it's bloody great fun. Wholly recommend it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:05 am 

Got a PS4 recently. Anyone on PSN? I've got no friends....

Got Destiny, Watch Dogs, Drive Club, GTAV and Last of Us

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next