Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 am 

lawrence croft - gay icon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:59 pm 

X-Com - Enemy Unknown

this looks like being a huge time sink, a worthy reboot of the classic. really really enjoying it so far, only installed on saturday and already have a six man team of officers and sergeants slaughtering the little grey bastards.

also, china can get fucked if they think i'm saving them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:46 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
X-Com - Enemy Unknown

this looks like being a huge time sink, a worthy reboot of the classic. really really enjoying it so far, only installed on saturday and already have a six man team of officers and sergeants slaughtering the little grey bastards.

also, china can get fucked if they think i'm saving them.

Yeah, very good game - put a bit of time into it a while back and then got spoiled for games so put it down and it's lay dormant for a while.

Playing this at the mo, very pleasant to play and the jump mechanics are excellent:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 am 

capturing a muton left one of my subs-in-training near death and all 5 others of my main fireteam injured for 5-11 days. think it was 8 mutons though, fuck me that was a hard mission.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:37 pm 

I found the difficulty ramped up suddenly which I always find a turn off in a game. I named all my soldiers after City players past and present based ontheir nationality

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:19 pm 

I really don't know whether to buy a second hand ps3 now for like £65 so I can play GTA V, or to wait and get a PS4. :think:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 am 

I have xcom for the ipad and its fucking awesome, just finished my first play through actually - gonna try classic difficulty with ironman mode for the next run

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:28 am 

Bastard wrote:
I really don't know whether to buy a second hand ps3 now for like £65 so I can play GTA V, or to wait and get a PS4. :think:

Im still waiting for a race on gt5 . And gt6 will be out very soon.
Its ok though mate. I would have handed you your arse in a sling. As for the race that's anyone's. .
Im considering gta v too..but battlefield 4 will have me hooked.
As for the ps4 ive seen a few games that look mind blowing. And drive club is fuck me stunning..

Im playing flight sim x a bit at the mo..

Check out drive club if you have not seen it...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 am 

i too have considered the cheapo ps3 option, for bluray as well as some games like gta v, journey and the last of us. ie games that were not on pc. think i may have a fight on my hands for the tv time though.

as for xcom, i've managed to make it in to mid july without losing anyone. had a couple of near run things so far, like running my sniper and assault majors into 2 mutons and one of those melee mutons. only the sniper got knocked the fuck out though, and that was after she double tapped some full health muton to bits. managed to stabilise quickly enough though. appear to have lost the spider armour she had though, which is a bitch as i am constantly short of alloys.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
i too have considered the cheapo ps3 option, for bluray as well as some games like gta v, journey and the last of us. ie games that were not on pc. think i may have a fight on my hands for the tv time though.

as for xcom, i've managed to make it in to mid july without losing anyone. had a couple of near run things so far, like running my sniper and assault majors into 2 mutons and one of those melee mutons. only the sniper got knocked the fuck out though, and that was after she double tapped some full health muton to bits. managed to stabilise quickly enough though. appear to have lost the spider armour she had though, which is a bitch as i am constantly short of alloys.

X com...just realized its the bureau.. ain't it.
i think its a download from the blackbox repack boys in a bit ..looks pretty cool..

journey is quite a experence, just wish i still got baked, it would be perfect.

Last of us..i will for sure get that 2nd hand...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
i think its a download from the blackbox repack boys in a bit ..looks pretty cool..

No no no a thousand times no, the bureau carries the xcom name but is shit, we're talking about xcom enemy unknown, which is a remake of a game talked about as one of the best of all time, and does it justice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:08 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

No no no a thousand times no, the bureau carries the xcom name but is shit, we're talking about xcom enemy unknown, which is a remake of a game talked about as one of the best of all time, and does it justice.

Right. ..I know it. .one of those that past me by..
Ill have a look on my download forum.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

yep, this. it's a remake of a 1994 game, isometric/fake 3d, turn based strategy. fucking awesome. horrible time sink. the bureau is set in the 50's and attempts to be the prologue to the other xcom games. and is utterly different as it's a shooter, some squad based elements i think but not the strategy format.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qaKDRukDE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:49 pm 

cooder wrote:

cheers coods..quality link.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:37 pm 

cooder wrote:

You should check this out https://www.humblebundle.com/. Mark of the ninja and Fez are great. I know you can get these games for free non legitimately but they're practically giving them away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:44 pm 

cooder wrote:
cooder wrote:

You should check this out https://www.humblebundle.com/. Mark of the ninja and Fez are great. I know you can get these games for free non legitimately but they're practically giving them away

i ended up for the last hour looking through a list of old RTCW clans..found the main 4 that i was in circa 2001/05..i just obsessed over that game,it was glory days for me that..

i know the x com series now, i remember a few of the older ones, but it never grabbed me then..
But it looks worth a shot, but my gaming time is at a premium nowadays so i have to be choosy.. :think:

I do miss those baked out of my swede sunday nights having clans wars on wolfy though...responsibility sucks.. :snooty:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:37 am 

You should check this out https://www.humblebundle.com/. Mark of the ninja and Fez are great. I know you can get these games for free non legitimately but they're practically giving them away[/quote]
i ended up for the last hour looking through a list of old RTCW clans..found the main 4 that i was in circa 2001/05..i just obsessed over that game,it was glory days for me that..

i know the x com series now, i remember a few of the older ones, but it never grabbed me then..
But it looks worth a shot, but my gaming time is at a premium nowadays so i have to be choosy.. :think:

I do miss those baked out of my swede sunday nights having clans wars on wolfy though...responsibility sucks.. :snooty:[/quote]

I like the sound of XCOM but like KIMBO, time is at a premium at the moment.

I recently worked through a lot of The Last of Us which is excellent. I did it on a mates machine, copied the save and tried to transfer it back to mine but its locked to my mate's machine, unless I got through playstation plus... I haven't had the heart to start from the beginning again, nor have I had time to see about ways round the locked save .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:06 pm 

Markered Man wrote:

I do miss those baked out of my swede sunday nights having clans wars on wolfy though...responsibility sucks.. :snooty:[/quote]

I like the sound of XCOM but like KIMBO, time is at a premium at the moment.

I recently worked through a lot of The Last of Us which is excellent. I did it on a mates machine, copied the save and tried to transfer it back to mine but its locked to my mate's machine, unless I got through playstation plus... I haven't had the heart to start from the beginning again, nor have I had time to see about ways round the locked save .[/quote]
really want that game, i may have a mooch on e bay..my eldest daughter wants it even more, shes walking dead obsessed lol..
but it looks cool..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:42 pm 

Devil May Cry

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 99  Next