Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:12 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Got a PS4 recently. Anyone on PSN? I've got no friends....

Got Destiny, Watch Dogs, Drive Club, GTAV and Last of Us

Ive heard proper mixed things about destiny, but it looks great, and i watched the first hour on ginx tv channel.
Drive club made me want to buy a ps4..but again, i have heard a lot of negative things said about it.

Last of us, probs one of the best games on a ps3/4in recent times..

Im playing Far Cry 4, just started last weekend.
Its really good, but not as good as 3, as the main baddie vass in 3 was brilliant..
but im enjoying it..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:31 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:

Ive heard proper mixed things about destiny, but it looks great, and i watched the first hour on ginx tv channel.
Drive club made me want to buy a ps4..but again, i have heard a lot of negative things said about it.

Its really good, but not as good as 3, as the main baddie vass in 3 was brilliant..
but im enjoying it..

3 irritated me by offing vass too early on in the game, i think he was a far better adversary than the other bloke. the definition of insanity bit was brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:21 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:

but im enjoying it..

3 irritated me by offing vass too early on in the game, i think he was a far better adversary than the other bloke. the definition of insanity bit was brilliant.

Oh i totally agree gibbo, when the dude later on came into it, i was like who's this douche bag..
vass was quality..
ive just been mooching and there are some..episodes..dunno..
http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/The_Far_Cry_Experience
the lad who was Mcloving in superbad and red mist in kickass is in them..

going to check em out now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:26 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCHhEAeuUws&hd=1
took all of a right click and look for to find em..lol

no way..they are live/acted, and its the dude who played vass himself.. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:08 pm 

cooder wrote:

In other games, Bastard, I played this

I wasn't hoping for much, but it's bloody great fun. Wholly recommend it

What is that? DLC for PS3?

I've just finished The Last of Us on normal. Only got 1% of the achievements. :( Fantastic game though. Will go through again on impossible or whatever, do some of the DLC, then maybe go back to DLC for Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2. Got the newer Batman games on standby too. Then Farcry 3.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm 

It's a game from Telltale so in a nutshell it's an interactive story (aren't all games?!). Don't let that put you off though - you'd be hard pushed to find a more entertaining 2-3 hours.

The Last of Us is great - I actually rebought a second hand PS3 just to play it (and GTAV). Far Cry 3 is excellent, the main character is a bit of a knob but the gameplay is excellent. You're gonna love taking down outposts. Far Cry 4 is even better. More of the same but refined and more enjoyable.

Keep meaning to play the Burial at Sea DLC, just keep putting it off for some reason. I've heard the second episode is the better

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:07 am 

*clears throat* FAR CRY THREE IS UTTER SHIT *ahem*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:38 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

Seriously...wow..
your like the first person ive known to say it was shit.
it got mega reviews across the board 9/10 on ign.
thought it had the best baddie character in a video game in vass..
You want to steer clear of far cry 4 then.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:15 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

Seriously...wow..
your like the first person ive known to say it was shit.
it got mega reviews across the board 9/10 on ign.
thought it had the best baddie character in a video game in vass..
You want to steer clear of far cry 4 then.

BBC has issues with it. I think predominantly with side issues; that's no doubt a patronising view for which I apologise. But, the game mechanics are spot on; the story, the cutscenes, the protagonist, the racist connotations - I can agree with the objections. However, there's nowt wrong with the gameplay. It's spot on

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:57 am 

Lol I was just referencing back to whenever it came out and I was ranting about it then. Utter shit is hyperbole but I just thought it deserved nowhere near as much praise as it got. Vass was about the only unique or interesting thing about that game. I won't rehash my arguments because I'm clearly not swaying anyone; I was just utterly baffled by how people could like it. I'm not meaning that in a patronising way either, I am genuinely confused that people enjoy it. Normally I'm perfectly willing to account for differences in taste or whatever and am happy to say when I don't enjoy something but still think it deserves merit but far cry 3 I just found to be a pile of bollocks but there we go.

I really wanted to like it and enjoy the concept in principle but thought the execution was repetitive and predictable and every character bar vass a detestable idiot (which according to the writer was kind of the point? I read some interview with him where he was whining about how he was a misunderstood genius because no-one got the 'true' message of his game, when actually he's just a hack). Taking outposts was fun the first few times but quickly became devoid of any challenge, the much vaunted character progression very quickly became 'run here, shoot three animals, repeat', and outside of the limited story I felt no urge or impetus to explore or do anything because, well, why? Once the outposts are gone and you've decent guns there's fuck all challenge to the game. Something like just cause 2, while different in tone, did the whole run amok on tropical islands blowing shit up thing while being pretty brilliant fun from start to finish. Oh look I contradicted myself and went on a rant again, apologies!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:05 am 

I still think the first far cry was the best, but I don't know if that would stand up now or is just a nostalgia tinted view. It was certainly groundbreaking when it came out. I feel like the AI was a lot tougher as well but again; I was a kid so I could have just been more shit at games then. Or maybe it's down to the way I play it, like as soon as you get a decent sniper rifle then 3 becomes a cakewalk.

2 I probably put more time into and really wanted to like, but the decision to have every checkpoint's soldiers respawn like literally 5 minutes after you cleared them was fucking ridiculous and made getting around anywhere on the huge map you have to drive around to get anywhere fast a massive ball ache. The buddy system had potential and I kind of liked how the guns were unreliable pieces of crap, it made for some pretty desperate fights and tough situations and made earning enough to buy shiny new guns feel like an actual reward.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:49 pm 

i hear what bbc is saying, i agree too.
i never really played far cry until 3..
my pc at the time would just cry at far cry..
then when i got a top rig, i was killing BF2 ,just totally hooked.

but i really did enjoy FC3, but the repetition is absolutely there, all valid points.
I just enjoyed the environment, and mooching about, its a free world, but linear at the same time..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:55 pm 

Just finished L.A. Noire. They did an excellent job of recreating the black and white TV detective show atmosphere, but ultimately it was too slow for me.

Still deciding what to play next:

Fallout 3
Far Cry 3
Metro Last Light
COD Black Ops

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:25 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
I still think the first far cry was the best, but I don't know if that would stand up now or is just a nostalgia tinted view. It was certainly groundbreaking when it came out. I feel like the AI was a lot tougher as well but again; I was a kid so I could have just been more shit at games then. Or maybe it's down to the way I play it, like as soon as you get a decent sniper rifle then 3 becomes a cakewalk.

2 I probably put more time into and really wanted to like, but the decision to have every checkpoint's soldiers respawn like literally 5 minutes after you cleared them was fucking ridiculous and made getting around anywhere on the huge map you have to drive around to get anywhere fast a massive ball ache. The buddy system had potential and I kind of liked how the guns were unreliable pieces of crap, it made for some pretty desperate fights and tough situations and made earning enough to buy shiny new guns feel like an actual reward.

i quite liked far cry 2 as well, for exactly the reasons you mention, as well as disliking the buggy checkpoints thing. i think they did patch/mod that out so checkpoints remained empty for a certain amount of time, but clearing one, missing a turning and having to double back meant gettnig anywhere was a slow process. it also made me genuinely want to end one of the two leaders (which you thankfully got the chance to do), in as brutal a manner as possible. i would've knifed that fecker to bits slowly over the course of a day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:22 am 

Chorlton wrote:
COD Black Ops

I got well addicted to the Zombies game in this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:18 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Chorlton wrote:
COD Black Ops

I got well addicted to the Zombies game in this.

I look forward to playing that.

I'm currently working through Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops, co-op with my nephew. Loads of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:45 pm 

Fallout 3 is possibly the best game I've ever played. Just be prepared to sink 100+ hours into it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:59 pm 

Thanks for the tip Nod.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:45 pm 

Been playing GTA V and PES the last months on PS4, both are excellent BTW.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:24 pm 

I just finished Far Cry 3 and absolutely loved it.

I just started Fallout 3 and am disappointed so far. A clunky control system and annoying multiple choice answers to questions. I don't think it's my kind of game. Where's the sniper rifle?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next