Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:12 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 3078
Location: augsburg
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Atouch more difficult than DAN Brown


what or who is atouch? i can bet sisyphos is harder than lots of books as it questions whether the absurdness of life requires suicide or not. and he's analyzing this philosophically and by comparing lots of philosopher's thoughts and bla bla bla...

_________________
shimmer; "the old boot"

http://waitforthewhistle.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:14 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:36 pm
Posts: 15850
Location: Swimming with Len Fairclough
We should have a thread: "Books that took you ages to read".

Subtitle: "and was it worth it in the end?".

_________________
I raped myself once. My mind was telling me no but my body, my body was telling me yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:16 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 9005
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Atouch more difficult than DAN Brown


Bert, Sally and Timmy go to the shops (Happy Venture Book Two) is more challenging than Dan Brown.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 23998
Location: Australia
Bastard wrote:
We should have a thread: "Books that took you ages to read".

Subtitle: "and was it worth it in the end?".


or not Bastard. I say if you cant get in to a book, sling it, there are thousands of great books out there that you can read and enjoy, rather liberating being able to say 'nope, this book is shit and I aint finishing it.'.

_________________
KYPU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:19 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:36 pm
Posts: 15850
Location: Swimming with Len Fairclough
Cloudy O'Rabia wrote:
Bert, Sally and Timmy go to the shops (Happy Venture Book Two) is more challenging than Dan Brown.


Bert's Trip to the Supermarket was my kids' favourite.

_________________
I raped myself once. My mind was telling me no but my body, my body was telling me yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:26 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 7:42 am
Posts: 5800
Danny's Studs wrote:
or not Bastard. I say if you cant get in to a book, sling it, there are thousands of great books out there that you can read and enjoy, rather liberating being able to say 'nope, this book is shit and I aint finishing it.'.


yep, been saying that for ages. People don't really realise that they have (realistically) a finite amount of books they can read. I'm 28, say if on average I read a book a month that's 12 books a year. I live til I'm 75. 47x12= 564.

That's only really, loosely approximated and obviously varies from person to person, but that gives me about 550-600 books left to read in my lifetime. Why waste one of those trudging through a shit book?

_________________
[color="Silver"]Bring back the 8 Ball![/color]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:50 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 11646
Location: Leeds/Manchester
Squidge wrote:
Not too bad. Quite tired but i'm gonna stay up longer and watch Family Guy. Then go to bed and carry on reading The Lost Symbol. I'm not too far from the end now.


I didn't realise toilet paper took so long to read


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:52 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 11646
Location: Leeds/Manchester
cooder wrote:
yep, been saying that for ages. People don't really realise that they have (realistically) a finite amount of books they can read. I'm 28, say if on average I read a book a month that's 12 books a year. I live til I'm 75. 47x12= 564.

That's only really, loosely approximated and obviously varies from person to person, but that gives me about 550-600 books left to read in my lifetime. Why waste one of those trudging through a shit book?


I like this logic, I might just apply it to everything.

"Sorry love, I just don't have the time in my life to waste it having this shit sex with you. Off you go"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:07 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Posts: 17358
Location: The Hearts and Minds of Millions
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Are you a slow reader? you have been reading that book for weeks.

Mind, if you have to sound all the letters I suppose it will take quite a time.


No i'm not.

No i haven't.

_________________
A double-bed and a stalwart lover, for sure
These are the riches of the poor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:18 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 5:34 pm
Posts: 29088
Location: Limbo
BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
I like this logic, I might just apply it to everything.

"Sorry love, I just don't have the time in my life to waste it having this shit sex with you. Off you go"


say it

and then you can either work your way through the housemates or go to paris and chase gina

_________________
"It felt like a really pointless version of ketamine: no psychedelic effects, no pleasant slide into rubbery nonsense, just a sudden drop off the cliff of wrongness."
"i'm gonna wreck you so bad we're going to have to change church"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:51 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 23998
Location: Australia
I voted for Bert. What can I/we do to have Squidge removed? Is there an appeal process?

_________________
KYPU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:52 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Posts: 17358
Location: The Hearts and Minds of Millions
Complain to Bluemoon.

And seriously how many times does Bert have to say he doesn't want it?

And there isn't a vote open yet.

Goddamnit.

_________________
A double-bed and a stalwart lover, for sure
These are the riches of the poor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:53 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 16367
Location: frank sidebottoms shed in timperley
Squidge wrote:
Complain to Bluemoon.

And seriously how many times does Bert have to say he doesn't want it?

And there isn't a vote open yet.

Goddamnit.


Abuse the power squidge...:approve:

_________________
I Belong To City
____________________
BJWB.1920-31/12/2010.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:53 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:58 pm
Posts: 7480
complaint sent.

_________________
my c key is broken, and my r is playing up too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:54 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Posts: 17358
Location: The Hearts and Minds of Millions
Sweet :approve:

_________________
A double-bed and a stalwart lover, for sure
These are the riches of the poor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:56 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 23998
Location: Australia
Squidge wrote:
Complain to Bluemoon.

And seriously how many times does Bert have to say he doesn't want it?

And there isn't a vote open yet.

Goddamnit.


Well, Timps, GA, Ealing in actual fact anyone than who was chosen. 18 year olds as Mods, Jésus. :rolleyes: What next, female Mods?!

_________________
KYPU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:09 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:11 pm
Posts: 6066
Danny's Studs wrote:
Well, Timps, GA, Ealing in actual fact anyone than who was chosen. 18 year olds as Mods, Jésus. :rolleyes: What next, female Mods?!


As long as we don't end up with an Australian mod - then hell truly shall have frozen over.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:24 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 23998
Location: Australia
DarloBlue wrote:
As long as we don't end up with an Australian mod - then hell truly shall have frozen over.


In agreement.

_________________
KYPU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:29 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:58 pm
Posts: 4052
Location: Cambridge, UK
We want Londo!

_________________
** I move away from the mic to breathe in.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group