Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Strikethrough
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:24 am 

Can we have strikethrough back please? It's a valued* part of forum armoury.

*valueless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:42 am 
I believe LM was a great 'user' of the strikethrough. In fact I believe her addiction and subsequent withdrawal may explain its absence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:01 am 

That really fucking riles me. It's punishing the many for the weakness of the few. Typical of this country.

*spits at The Guardian website*

*wipes saliva from screen*

I've just spent the last five minutes typing an email to a Manchester anti-immigration control group. I really should go to bed.

Don't ask how I ended up at this site, but when I saw they'd included a picture of The Radisson SAS Hotel and called it "a detention centre" I felt I had to act.

http://nobordersmanchester.blogspot.com/search/label/cityofshame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:03 am 
Bastard wrote:
That really fucking riles me. It's punishing the many for the weakness of the few. Typical of this country.

*spits at The Guardian website*

*wipes saliva from screen*

I've just spent the last five minutes typing an email to a Manchester anti-immigration control group. I really should go to bed.

Don't ask how I ended up at this site, but when I saw they'd included a picture of The Radisson SAS Hotel and called it "a detention centre" I felt I had to act.

http://nobordersmanchester.blogspot.com/search/label/cityofshame

:D Somebody has to act. Think of the children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:05 am 
Funny you should mention that btw. I was looking at google news and came upon the headline 'Protestors storm ministers office.' When I checked it out it mentioned Manchester No Borders. I didn't bother going any further though. I just shook my head slowly and sighed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:08 am 
Again. Won't somebody think of the poor children. Perhaps we should all donate our earnings to help them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:17 am 

Emigre wrote:
Funny you should mention that btw. I was looking at google news and came upon the headline 'Protestors storm ministers office.' When I checked it out it mentioned Manchester No Borders. I didn't bother going any further though. I just shook my head slowly and sighed.

That's what set me off on that path. I wish I'd never bothered.

My great grandad lived to 97 years old. He was a right curmudgeonly old fucker. Drank heavily (rum mainly), smoked Woodbines (I shit you not) like a chimney, smoked a pipe when he woke up and before going to bed, and could unerringly spit into the fireplace from the other side of the room. In WW2 he kept pigs for the black market and used to patrol the moors around Bacup looking for German airmen. One night he even caught some. He used to piss everybody off that he could, and he was a relentless letter writer complaining about everything. That is what I've always aspired to I think. Hopefully I'm well on my way.

Those No Borders people must be fucking simpletons btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:20 am 

Emigre wrote:
Again. Won't somebody think of the poor children. Perhaps we should all donate our earnings to help them.

This is a disgrace!!! These people come to this country, fleeing persecution and this is all we can offer them???!!!111???¦¦¦¦¦¦¦?

Look at the disgusting conditions they're being expected to sleep in FFS:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:21 am 
Bastard wrote:
That's what set me off on that path. I wish I'd never bothered.

My great grandad lived to 97 years old. He was a right curmudgeonly old fucker. Drank heavily (rum mainly), smoked Woodbines (I shit you not) like a chimney, smoked a pipe when he woke up and before going to bed, and could unerringly spit into the fireplace from the other side of the room. In WW2 he kept pigs for the black market and used to patrol the moors around Bacup looking for German airmen. One night he even caught some. He used to piss everybody off that he could, and he was a relentless letter writer complaining about everything. That is what I've always aspired to I think. Hopefully I'm well on my way.

Those No Borders people must be fucking simpletons btw.

Doesn't matter which end of the scale you are. Without balance you still end up on your arse looking like a right twat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:22 am 
Respect to the Grandfather btw. Quality. Mine was much the same in terms of living. Drank, smoked, built planes in the war and rode a Norton aged 60. Ran off with a gypsy woman and lived in a caravan too. Died before he was 70 though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:27 am 

Emigre wrote:
Respect to the Grandfather btw. Quality. Mine was much the same in terms of living. Drank, smoked, built planes in the war and rode a Norton aged 60. Ran off with a gypsy woman and lived in a caravan too. Died before he was 70 though.

Brilliant. Not that he died, obviously, but living a life probably infinitely more colourful than anything I'll ever manage. Even with strikethrough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:28 am 
Bastard wrote:
Brilliant. Not that he died, obviously, but living a life probably infinitely more colourful than anything I'll ever manage. Even with strikethrough.

The strikethrough wouldn't do any harm though, right? I had to think what a strikethrough was when you first posted it. I thought it might be something like a reacharound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:30 am 
I'm near enough where I think I might just get the 10,000 out of the way tonight. What you reckon? I did read something about Gus Hiddink claiming that City's money was immoral and that you can't buy the title. i considered posting that, hen I thought why bother. That kind of irony doesn't belong on our site. Too retarded and beside, it came from the sun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:33 am 

*tries to visualise a sexual strikethrough*

*develops faraway look, like a cat having a shit*

*shudders*

I don't know quite what it would be, but I suspect it would hurt. Which may or may not be the point I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:34 am 
Bastard wrote:

*shudders*

I don't know quite what it would be, but I suspect it would hurt. Which may or may not be the point I suppose.

I think you could probably combine a reacharound and a strikethrough. Pretty sure it's in the Kama Sutra somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:35 am 

Bastard wrote:

*shudders*

Used this phrase already tonight, poor form!

I don't think I've ever seen my cats shitting, or even pissing for that matter. They're very discreet about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:36 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

:rolleyes: Yes, that was the point. Never mind.

This thread was good until you turned up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:36 am 

I'll show myself the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:37 am 
BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen my cats shitting, or even pissing for that matter. They're very discreet about it.

I think that was the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:37 am 
Hive mind.