Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:09 am 

Just because someone isn't logged on, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't around....

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
Yes, but mods aren't online all of the time. Some people have to work. Some people have actual real-life social lives. Some people go on holiday for a few weeks and come back to discover that other forummers have been spouting vitriol about them whilst they've been away.

If you witness a crime, then you don't just wait around complaining about the fact that a police officer hasn't turned up, you report the incident and then it gets dealt with. That's how reporting stuff works. Modding the forum is done as a courtesy, not a full-time obligation that takes precedence over any other thing that may be going on in a person's life. The level of expectation that some people seem to have is frankly unreasonable.

GA does an excellent job and I can admit that he does by far the most modding, and that's in no small part down to the fact that he is online most often. He's the #1 all-time poster by a fair margin. That, however, doesn't mean other mods are doing nothing. All the mods, if they're online, will do any mod tasks that they see requiring action - it just happens that Frank, Labmonkey, Timps and I aren't online all the time, and neither, for that matter, is GA.

If the measure of a mod is how often they're online, then I apparently shouldn't be a mod, and neither should Frank, Labmonkey or Timps. Danny is the second highest poster of all time, SEC is sixth, Bastard seventh and then Winston and BBC both have over 10,000 posts. If number of posts is the best measure of who is online most often, perhaps these are some more appropriate candidates.

Where did this come from? All I said was senging emails seems pointless because if someone's on the internet then they'd check the forum (well I would) so you'll see the problem for yourself.

That said, I do think mods should be people that spend most time on here - makes sense doesn't it? If people can't spend much time on here that's perfectly understandable and no-one's having a go, it's just silly if our moderators aren't around to moderate the forum. Danny and Winnie want to do it and they're around to moderate so should be made mods. People who haven't got time to be on here that often should be de-modded and just become much valued members of the forum. There I said it. I mean, it's a no-brainer isn't it?

Apart from Frank and LM who are of course lifers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:32 am 

Where has he gone?

http://www.mancityforum.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=6

:confused:

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:33 am 

I'm not doing it unless SEC and Winny do. *folds arms*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Where did this come from? All I said was senging emails seems pointless because if someone's on the internet they they'd chack the forum (well I would) so you'll see the problem for yourself.

That said, I do think mods should be people that spend most time on here - makes sense doesn't it? If people can't spend much time on here that's perfectly understandable and no-one's having a go, it's just silly if our moderators aren't around to moderate the forum. Danny and Winnie want to do it and they're around to moderate so should be made mods. People who haven't got time to be on here that often should be de-modded and just become much valued members of the forum. There I said it. I mean, it's a no-brainer isn't it?

Why de-mod them? Frank is online more than his post count suggests and looking at the thread deletions shows that Labmonkey has been online recently without actually posting. I can't see what the harm in keeping them is. I believe Squidge has resigned and so should be de-modded, but the same shouldn't go for the people who do still take their modding duties seriously, even if they aren't online all of the time.

I agree that we need new mods, but that post was borne out of the fact that it seems to me as though the mods that we do have left have been getting some stick of late for not being online when the problem isn't with the mods that are left but the mods that have gone without being replaced (namely Squidge, though also Paddy's stint). I keep highlighting the post reporting thing because pretty much nobody's done it in months and it is actually quite a useful way of ensuring stuff gets seen. It means that a mod doesn't have to come on the forum and read through every single thread to establish whether an offensive post has been made but instead they can find the offending post straight away.

EDIT: Just seen your amendment re: Frank and LM. That only actually leaves Timps as a mod who isn't online as often as he used to be (seeing as Squidge has resigned). Can we all just agree it's entirely Timps' fault?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:36 am 

Frank Blue wrote:

I don't know, but he was apparently online on 24th October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:37 am 

Frank Blue wrote:

He left because a certain kerbab-scoffing, turd-fancier threatened him with death I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
Why de-mod them? Frank is online more than his post count suggests and looking at the thread deletions shows that Labmonkey has been online recently without actually posting. I can't see what the harm in keeping them is. I believe Squidge has resigned and so should be de-modded, but the same shouldn't go for the people who do still take their modding duties seriously, even if they aren't online all of the time.

I agree that we need new mods, but that post was borne out of the fact that it seems to me as though the mods that we do have left have been getting some stick of late for not being online when the problem isn't with the mods that are left but the mods that have gone without being replaced (namely Squidge, though also Paddy's stint). I keep highlighting the post reporting thing because pretty much nobody's done it in months and it is actually quite a useful way of ensuring stuff gets seen. It means that a mod doesn't have to come on the forum and read through every single thread to establish whether an offensive post has been made but instead they can find the offending post straight away.

EDIT: Just seen your amendment re: Frank and LM. That only actually leaves Timps as a mod who isn't online as often as he used to be (seeing as Squidge has resigned). Can we all just agree it's entirely Timps' fault?

OK point taken about the emailing thing, although it wouldn't be much of an issue if we had regular mods online who could deal with it when the problem arises more often than not.

You just don't want to get into a situation where every regular member is also a mod. I think it should be one in one out. If it can be proven Squidge is a mod, he should of course be de-modded. Timps used to be on all the time during the day but he can't log on on his work computers any more - maybe see if that's going to always be the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 am 

Christ almighty, Darlo knows how turn reading a thread into a chore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:57 am 

OK point taken about the emailing thing, although it wouldn't be much of an issue if we had regular mods online who could deal with it when the problem arises more often than not.

You just don't want to get into a situation where every regular member is also a mod. I think it should be one in one out. If it can be proven Squidge is a mod, he should of course be de-modded. Timps used to be on all the time during the day but he can't log on on his work computers any more - maybe see if that's going to always be the case.

Well I'm sure Squidge posted about his resignation. So that's two out without replacements (Paddy) before considering Timps' situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 am 

Bastard wrote:
Christ almighty, Darlo knows how turn reading a thread into a chore.

Reputation to maintain and whatnot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:07 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Well I'm sure Squidge posted about his resignation. So that's two out without replacements (Paddy) before considering Timps' situation.

Well there you are, make Danny and Winny mods and lets not have any more of this U*G boot silliness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 pm 

Well there you are, make Danny and Winny mods and lets not have any more of this U*G boot silliness.

Well I've messaged BM about the situation. I'd suggest those willing to mod do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:17 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Yes, but mods aren't online all of the time. Some people have to work. Some people have actual real-life social lives. Some people go on holiday for a few weeks and come back to discover that other forummers have been spouting vitriol about them whilst they've been away.

If you witness a crime, then you don't just wait around complaining about the fact that a police officer hasn't turned up, you report the incident and then it gets dealt with. That's how reporting stuff works. Modding the forum is done as a courtesy, not a full-time obligation that takes precedence over any other thing that may be going on in a person's life. The level of expectation that some people seem to have is frankly unreasonable.

GA does an excellent job and I can admit that he does by far the most modding, and that's in no small part down to the fact that he is online most often. He's the #1 all-time poster by a fair margin. That, however, doesn't mean other mods are doing nothing. All the mods, if they're online, will do any mod tasks that they see requiring action - it just happens that Frank, Labmonkey, Timps and I aren't online all the time, and neither, for that matter, is GA.

If the measure of a mod is how often they're online, then I apparently shouldn't be a mod, and neither should Frank, Labmonkey or Timps. Danny is the second highest poster of all time, SEC is sixth, Bastard seventh and then Winston and BBC both have over 10,000 posts. If number of posts is the best measure of who is online most often, perhaps these are some more appropriate candidates.

:(

darlo frank and miss monkey have been around lately, timps is busy, but yeah paddy needs replacing and squidge i recall as having lost interest in modding. the only problem with these ugg boot c nts is that a few hundred accounts got through the wire, but the hole has apparently been plugged and we just need to zap the fuckers as they turn up.

or, y'know, buy some warm sheepskin boots that are about as waterproof as tissue paper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:56 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:

he's been around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:16 pm 

If I thought for one minute Darlo had a better social life than me I'd top myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:40 pm 

If I thought for one minute Darlo had a better social life than me I'd top myself.

Well sometimes I just have to get away from the wife and kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:49 pm 

why not make everyone a mod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:19 pm 

Paddington Blue wrote:
why not make everyone a mod?

Because I don't want to be one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next