Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Modship
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:33 pm 

This wants sorting. Can we please list who the Mods are and we can dissect each one on merit, or other.

The ones I know are following, please add to it;

GA
Timps
Darlo
Squidge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:53 pm 

Labmonkey and Frank.

I might be wrong but I don't think Squidge is a mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:56 pm 

Right, so we have;

GA
Timps
Darlo
Labmonkey
Frank
Squidge (maybe)

GA and Darlo are the only two who are here regularly. We need more, and the others need to hand in their badge.

SEC....you willing to become a Mod? You need to think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:29 pm 

Frank did do quite a bit of modding when all those spam accounts kept joining up. Also, having just checked the 'general chat' forum page, the last two threads deleted on there were both by Labmonkey.

It's also worth noting that regular users can report posts and whatnot when modding is required rather than just expecting the mods to be omnipresent and on top of everything.

That being said, I'm all for new mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:29 pm 

Darlo only contributes if you talk about the North East. Timps, Darlo, Lab Monkey and Frank make up about 1 full time mod, so we have 2 mods, 3 if it can be proven Squidge is a mod.

I can't really see the advantages in it tbh. You should do it though if you fancy it, 20k posts should make you an automatic choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:39 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Frank did do quite a bit of modding when all those spam accounts kept joining up. Also, having just checked the 'general chat' forum page, the last two threads deleted on there were both by Labmonkey.

It's also worth noting that regular users can report posts and whatnot when modding is required rather than just expecting the mods to be omnipresent and on top of everything.

That being said, I'm all for new mods.

Goo'point, I never do this. Will start doing this actually. Cool.

And your point about new Mods was noted.

South East Citizen wrote:
Darlo only contributes if you walk about the North East. Timps, Darlo, Lab Monkey and Frank make up about 1 full time mod, so we have 2 mods, 3 if it can be proven Squidge is a mod.

I can't really see the advantages in it tbh. You should do it though if you fancy it, 20k posts should make you an automatic choice.

I don't actually want it but I am here often, as are you and Winny. There's 3 that really should be Mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:25 pm 

My hat is in the ring ftr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:28 pm 

Doomed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:46 pm 

Winston should be a mod. Bring a touch of right wing stoicism to the proceedings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:53 pm 

Never heard of Frank or Labmonkey or have missed them. Obviously I'm no veteran user of this forum however.

I'll start reporting bad posts if it helps though, I didn't realise we could.

EDIT: Bastard should be a mod, due to his intimidating picture. I just know he'd rule with an iron 'fist' and I'm in favour of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:58 pm 

Bastards all bark mate. He incites 62yr olds for fun. I've met him in person, gay as christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:09 pm 

Reporting posts just sends an email to all of us. Better off bumping this thread with a link to offending post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:17 pm 

c nts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Reporting posts just sends an email to all of us. Better off bumping this thread with a link to offending post

It does also shows up in the 'Mod' tab on the homepage. It kinda seems like what the whole reporting function was designed for so I'm happy to advocate its use - even if the emails are annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 pm 

Where.do you see that, all i got was an email about the reported.post. Checked the mod.section and the quick mod tab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:50 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Where.do you see that, all i got was an email about the reported.post. Checked the mod.section and the quick mod tab

I'm sure it shows up in the quick mod tab. It'll show "Posts (1)" like it currently says "Members (2)" I think. May be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:04 am 

I can't see the point in sending emails. Surely if a mod is online he should be all over it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:39 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
I can't see the point in sending emails. Surely if a mod is online he should be all over it anyway.

Yes, but mods aren't online all of the time. Some people have to work. Some people have actual real-life social lives. Some people go on holiday for a few weeks and come back to discover that other forummers have been spouting vitriol about them whilst they've been away.

If you witness a crime, then you don't just wait around complaining about the fact that a police officer hasn't turned up, you report the incident and then it gets dealt with. That's how reporting stuff works. Modding the forum is done as a courtesy, not a full-time obligation that takes precedence over any other thing that may be going on in a person's life. The level of expectation that some people seem to have is frankly unreasonable.

GA does an excellent job and I can admit that he does by far the most modding, and that's in no small part down to the fact that he is online most often. He's the #1 all-time poster by a fair margin. That, however, doesn't mean other mods are doing nothing. All the mods, if they're online, will do any mod tasks that they see requiring action - it just happens that Frank, Labmonkey, Timps and I aren't online all the time, and neither, for that matter, is GA.

If the measure of a mod is how often they're online, then I apparently shouldn't be a mod, and neither should Frank, Labmonkey or Timps. Danny is the second highest poster of all time, SEC is sixth, Bastard seventh and then Winston and BBC both have over 10,000 posts. If number of posts is the best measure of who is online most often, perhaps these are some more appropriate candidates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
Yes, but mods aren't online all of the time. Some people have to work. Some people have actual real-life social lives. Some people go on holiday for a few weeks and come back to discover that other forummers have been spouting vitriol about them whilst they've been away.

If you witness a crime, then you don't just wait around complaining about the fact that a police officer hasn't turned up, you report the incident and then it gets dealt with. That's how reporting stuff works. Modding the forum is done as a courtesy, not a full-time obligation that takes precedence over any other thing that may be going on in a person's life. The level of expectation that some people seem to have is frankly unreasonable.

GA does an excellent job and I can admit that he does by far the most modding, and that's in no small part down to the fact that he is online most often. He's the #1 all-time poster by a fair margin. That, however, doesn't mean other mods are doing nothing. All the mods, if they're online, will do any mod tasks that they see requiring action - it just happens that Frank, Labmonkey, Timps and I aren't online all the time, and neither, for that matter, is GA.

If the measure of a mod is how often they're online, then I apparently shouldn't be a mod, and neither should Frank, Labmonkey or Timps. Danny is the second highest poster of all time, SEC is sixth, Bastard seventh and then Winston and BBC both have over 10,000 posts. If posts is the best measure of who is online most often, perhaps these are some more appropriate candidates.

Fucking showoffs.

I need to start doing this.

Not only but it is important. I recognise I may have to, I'd rather not but I can't be critical and not contribute.

I don't think you're particularly bad ftr, I just think that GA is always here, and it is supposed to be since we have many Mods hopefully at least a few are online most days. That hasn't been the case for months now. I'm sure you'd agree we are thin on the ground. With a bit of effort from a couple more posters we'd have it well covered again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:03 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Fucking showoffs.

I need to start doing this.

Not only but it is important. I recognise I may have to, I'd rather not but I can't be critical and not contribute.

I don't think you're particularly bad ftr, I just think that GA is always here, and it is supposed to be since we have many Mods hopefully at least a few are online most days. That hasn't been the case for months now. I'm sure you'd agree we are thin on the ground. With a bit of effort from a couple more posters we'd have it well covered again.

Yes, I'd agree we could do with a couple more mods. I can only speak with certainty on my own internet usage, but I'd say I was on here at some point most days, but certainly not everyday as some times I simply don't get the time. Unfortunately, if the other mods all happen to be in the same boat, the situation could arise where all the mods happen to be offline when a load of spam accounts get created or whatever.

It used to be the case that Squidge was online very often, as was Timps to a slightly lesser extent, and so between those two and GA, there was usually someone online. Frank, Labmonkey and I have never been always-online forummers, and we didn't sign up to be when we became mods (I certainly didn't). I'd say a hole has probably been left by Squidge's apparent departure/resignation - that hole needs filling and I'd say that you are the prime candidate for that as you're online a lot more often than most. Same goes for SEC, Bastard or Winston.