Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Has a fairly lame win at Wigan sent the Forum into a collective state of delusion?
Yes 47%  47%  [ 14 ]
No 53%  53%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:41 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I wouldn't go that far but I am very glad we won. I have found this and the Salzburg game to be 'hollow wins', we seem still to have not gotten out of first gear. Which again, is promising. We have so much more to give. Please race back Boateng, Kolaarov, Mario and Adebayor. Now THAT will be a team.

Alright maybe hugely satisfying was a bit of a stretch. I was radicalized by Bastard going too far the other way.

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
sorted.

it's not unfathomable, he fell out with mancini, thought garrrrrry was a c nt for sacking hughes, and was shown the door.

History will prove that decision correct imo. If fans, myself included, were in charge of hiring and firing Sven would still be at the helm.

*shudders*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:42 am 

Bastard wrote:
See? SEE??

Which one did ESM answer eh?

He's bigger than you too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to pull your head off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:44 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Course it was, which is why the win yesterday was anything but 'lame'. Yes Wigan looked shit, but that's because we made them look shit, and didn't give them chance to play for much of the game. It was the same team that turned over Spuds at their place earlier in the season. Hugely satisfying win imo.

it was a great win, because our record against Wigan is abysmal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:49 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
it was a great win, because our record against Wigan is abysmal.

another fair point, if your history wasn't so tainted I'd think quite highly of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:52 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Continues to irk me, I know. And we have Jo who seems to find a football at his feet a foreign object.

Fergie did that, fell out with beckham and Stam, then struggled to replace them. I hope Mancini doesn't regret getting rid of Bellers. A couple of times already this season we've been crying out for his pace on the break, like v Spuds. if Bellamy was there he would have ripped them on the break and against all the odds we could have won that game.

Jo is a waste of bleedin time and energy. He's an expensive Gerry Creaney. I'd do a better job up front than him. it's not his fault that he's shit though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:56 am 

Fergie did that, fell out with beckham and Stam, then struggled to replace them. I hope Mancini doesn't regret getting rid of Bellers. A couple of times already this season we've been crying out for his pace on the break, like v Spuds. if Bellamy was there he would have ripped them on the break and against all the odds we could have won that game.

Jo is a waste of bleedin time and energy. He's an expensive Gerry Creaney. I'd do a better job up front than him. it's not his fault that he's shit though.

He truly does look uncomfortable on a football pitch. Have we been had? Is this a massive hoax or the case of misrepresentation by Jo and agent?

Bellamy was my favourite player all of last season, fucking BRILLIANT, start to finish. Dammit. Hopefully Mario and Emanuel can find feet cos I don't think Jo will ever become the player we all want. He's an expensive Samaras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:04 pm 

History will prove that decision correct imo. If fans, myself included, were in charge of hiring and firing Sven would still be at the helm.

*shudders*

not i. that capitulation against boro would've seen him taken onto the field at full time and handed his marching orders. although that was pretty much down to the uncertainty of his future, granted.
Danny's Studs wrote:
He truly does look uncomfortable on a football pitch. Have we been had? Is this a massive hoax or the case of misrepresentation by Jo and agent?

Bellamy was my favourite player all of last season, fucking BRILLIANT, start to finish. Dammit. Hopefully Mario and Emanuel can find feet cos I don't think Jo will ever become the player we all want. He's an expensive Samaras.

he even won me over, the loveable no necked welsh thug.
you don't ditch players who do the job because of a personality clash. if they fail to perform because of it, then fine, if they still turn out despite it - you're fucking nuts to ditch them. red nose learnt this the hard way, but he had enough resources to compensate to some degree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:09 pm 

I Heart Lung wrote:
Which one did ESM answer eh?

He's bigger than you too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to pull your head off.

ESM isn't bigger than anyone from outside of Borneo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

£18m quid. yet Thaksin was trailing after him for about 6 months before he got him.:confused: To be fair Jo looks good on Youtube, and he convinced me for about 2 weeks, and i even predicted he'd score 33 goals in his first season. I was close, he got 3.:approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:18 pm 

I wonder if it's true all this i've been hearing about Mancini falling out with Adebayor. We know that when Balotelli's fit he's going to be in, probably playing the lone striker, with Tevez having to drop deeper. Where's Adebayor going to fit in then?

On the plus side, at this point Jo should be sent to the Siberian salt mines.:approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:22 pm 

I wonder if it's true all this i've been hearing about Mancini falling out with Adebayor. We know that when Balotelli's fit he's going to be in, probably playing the lone striker, with Tevez having to drop deeper. Where's Adebayor going to fit in then?

On the plus side, at this point Jo should be chopped up and sent to the Siberian salt mines.:approve:

fixed

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:24 pm 

Alright maybe hugely satisfying was a bit of a stretch. I was radicalized by Bastard going too far the other way.

I don't think I went too far. "Fairly lame" is hardly an extreme opinion. I'd say it's a good description of a match in which we were absolute dogshit for the first 40-odd minutes and hardly sparkling for the rest of it. I was as relieved as the next man that we won there, but I'm not blind to the fact that we still haven't really hit our stride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:27 pm 

I wonder if it's true all this i've been hearing about Mancini falling out with Adebayor. We know that when Balotelli's fit he's going to be in AC Milan's starting XI

Fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:28 pm 

Bastard wrote:
I don't think I went too far. "Fairly lame" is hardly an extreme opinion. I'd say it's a good description of a match in which we were absolute dogshit for the first 40-odd minutes and hardly sparkling for the rest of it. I was as relieved as the next man that we won there, but I'm not blind to the fact that we still haven't really hit our stride.

yup - if anything, that's an understatement, other than liverpool i have yet to see a truly convincing performance

oh, and west brom away on wednesday as well - a win is a win is a win

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:29 pm 

Bastard wrote:

we'll do that on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:40 pm 

I do most nights to be fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I do most nights to be fair.

Ever shit your strides?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:01 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Ever shit your strides?

yes after a heavy night on the squirt, I wrongly trusted a fart while on my cousin's couch. It was more a shart than crapping myself tbf. Still, certainly disgraced myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:03 pm 

got really ill once, shat on the bath mat as i was throwing up in the toilet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:06 pm 

We've all been there brother. Sharting's a way of life round these here parts. Just ask Bassman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next