Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Has a fairly lame win at Wigan sent the Forum into a collective state of delusion?
Yes 47%  47%  [ 14 ]
No 53%  53%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:40 am 

Timpblue wrote:
a draw will be a great result

chelsea are fucking walking it at the moment, not even in second gear and they have scored nearly 30 league goals already and we're not even in the arse end of september yet

i believe our lack of top quality full backs at the moment will be the undoing of us, ancelloti will be blind if he doesn't encourage the midfield to either get the ball out wide as early as possible or chip it in behind the full backs and let malouda or whoever run onto it

but they haven't really played anyone yet. They played teams like West Brom, Blackpool and West Ham.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:40 am 

We'll beat the bastards!

We did the double over the chavs last season and we'll do it again this season!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:41 am 

Look at this, what's happening to us, inhouse fighting, negative posts, dammit *kicks desk*

Can't well just get along, we're all Blues you know?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:43 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
but they haven't really played anyone yet. They played teams like West Brom, Blackpool and West Ham.

And we've played shite like Sunderland and Blackburn and haven't picked up full points.

Teams can only beat what is put out in front of them and Chelsea have made shite out of a lot of teams so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:50 am 

slart wrote:
And we've played shite like Sunderland and Blackburn and haven't picked up full points.

Teams can only beat what is put out in front of them and Chelsea have made shite out of a lot of teams so far.

football is a funny old game, Saint. Chelsea have mullered all that's been put in front of em, and like you say, we've struggled against the chaff. Have no fear, the Blue Machine will slip into gear on Saturday and thrash the London upstarts, and send em back with a flea in their ear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:52 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Look at this, what's happening to us, inhouse fighting, negative posts, dammit *kicks desk*

Can't well just get along, we're all Blues you know?!

Fuck off!:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:53 am 

football is a funny old game, Saint. Chelsea have mullered all that's been put in front of em, and like you say, we've struggled against the chaff. Have no fear, the Blue Machine will slip into gear on Saturday and thrash the London upstarts, and send em back with a flea in their ear.

True. Chelsea have no tradition you know. And they're ruining football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:13 am 

On the flipside we do lift our game for 'big' sides. I just think Chelsea look shit hot right now, doing the double last season was a might lucky, a win this weekend would be outright miraculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
On the flipside we do lift our game for 'big' sides. I just think Chelsea look shit hot right now, doing the double last season was a might lucky, a win this weekend would be outright miraculous.

It was losing points to teams like Hull, home and away, Burnley, Fulham etc,etc, the reason we didn't get 4th last season. Our record against the 'big 4' was pretty damn good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:23 am 

It was losing points to teams like Hull, home and away, Burnley, Fulham etc,etc, the reason we didn't get 4th last season. Our record against the 'big 4' was pretty damn good.

You've a fair point there, we do struggle with getting pulled down to their shit level of football whereas the top 4 sides we had an excellent record against.

We'll see. One thing is for sure, Ancelotti and the chelsea fans know this is their first big test this season and they'll be well aware of us stuffing 6 past them last season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:25 am 

Jo>>>>>>>Drogba

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:27 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
You've a fair point there, we do struggle with getting pulled down to their shit level of football whereas the top 4 sides we had an excellent record against.

We'll see. One thing is for sure, Ancelotti and the chelsea fans know this is their first big test this season and they'll be well aware of us stuffing 6 past them last season.

Ancellotti has already stated that this weekend is their first real test. My only concern is the player that ripped them to shreads last season is now plying his trade with Cardiff, for some unfathomable reason.:confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:29 am 

Bastard wrote:
FFS just how fucking thick are you?

FYI the answers aren't in the opposite.

FWIW I was going to ask a mod to sort out the loose "Y" but I've always found, historically, that they're c*nts.

Also, what is this doing in "site problems"????

Sheesh......feckin' Blueheaven reject.... :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:30 am 

Ancellotti has already stated that this weekend is their first real test. My only concern is the player that ripped them to shreads last season is now plying his trade with Cardiff, for some unfathomable reason.:confused:

Continues to irk me, I know. And we have Jo who seems to find a football at his feet a foreign object.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:31 am 

Course it was, which is why the win yesterday was anything but 'lame'. Yes Wigan looked shit, but that's because we made them look shit, and didn't give them chance to play for much of the game. It was the same team that turned over Spuds at their place earlier in the season. Hugely satisfying win imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Course it was, which is why the win yesterday was anything but 'lame'. Yes Wigan looked shit, but that's because we made them look shit, and didn't give them chance to play for much of the game. It was the same team that turned over Spuds at their place earlier in the season. Hugely satisfying win imo.

I wouldn't go that far but I am very glad we won. I have found this and the Salzburg game to be 'hollow wins', we seem still to have not gotten out of first gear. Which again, is promising. We have so much more to give. Please race back Boateng, Kolaarov, Mario and Adebayor. Now THAT will be a team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34 am 

Bastard wrote:
FFS just how fucking thick are you?

FYI the answers aren't in the opposite.

FWIW I was going to ask a mod to sort out the loose "Y" but I've always found, historically, that they're c*nts.

sorted.
c nt
Bastard wrote:
Yup. Really annoying element of our style of play. Isolation up front.

Wasn't sure what was going on with the fullbacks either really. We play the two lines of three fairly narrow, so there's acres of space for the full backs to run into and put crosses in, but there's never anyone around their box to get on the end of them, apart from the occasional midget. Probably just as well neither Micah or Zabs can cross a ball I suppose. Image

this lone striker shite, even against poor teams, is bugging the hell out of me. although we do have the exc use that the alternative to a lone striker is jo, so i'm not going to complain too loudly atm.

and utterly tore them apart.
slart wrote:

precisely

it's not unfathomable, he fell out with mancini, thought garrrrrry was a c nt for sacking hughes, and was shown the door.
I Heart Lung wrote:

Sheesh......feckin' Blueheaven reject.... :rolleyes:

site problems as in "collective delusion of the Forum" caused by beating a decidedly poor and fragile wigan team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 am 

I Heart Lung wrote:

Because, alongside the presence of fucktards like you, one of the big problems with the site is that just short of 50% of the posters on here are deluded after a lame win at Wigan. It's all there in the first post if you get your carer to read it out to you again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:40 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
site problems as in "collective delusion of the Forum" caused by beating a decidedly poor and fragile wigan team.

See? SEE??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:41 am 

Bastard wrote:
Because, alongside the presence of fucktards like you, one of the big problems with the site is that just short of 50% of the posters on here are deluded after a lame win at Wigan. It's all there in the first post if you get your carer to read it out to you again.

Not the fault of the site then is it cretin pants?

So, how many people have answered the question "Will we beat Chelsea?"
and how many have answered the other question "Has a fairly lame win at Wigan sent the Forum into a collective state of delusion?"

I might start a poll. :cool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next