Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:29 pm 

I don't really want to be seen to be siding with Bassy, but I kinda agree with him on the comparative merits of the Mystery Jets circa 2005 and the Mystery Jets now.

I feel dirty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:32 pm 

"challenging" music. it's a complete super-bollocky-ovary of a title to give unheard of (probably for a reason) bands that you listen to.

personally i find most of
Quote:
Stereophonics, Snow Patrol, Cardigans,
"challenging" to listen to, by dint of me either not liking them or being about as interested in them as i am in wanking over my own faeces.

but then i wouldn't be so wanky-uber-bollocky-ovary-tastic as to describe the music i do listen to, like aphex twin or four tet, as "challenging".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:34 pm 

I find listening to Bassy's views "challenging" most of the time tbf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:35 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
I don't really want to be seen to be siding with Bassy, but I kinda agree with him on the comparative merits of the Mystery Jets circa 2005 and the Mystery Jets now.

I feel dirty.

Why?:eek: So you do agree then about them?

Post subject:

DarloBlue wrote:

I feel dirty.

You shouldn't. You're keeping your own council and that is to be admired.

Although tbf I think all of you with any opinion on the Mystery Jets, past or present, should be put in a bag for me to attack with the branch of a tree.

Post subject:

oh and the guy in the pic above ^

he's proper fucked.

Post subject:

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
"challenging" music. it's a complete super-bollocky-ovary of a title to give unheard of (probably for a reason) bands that you listen to.

personally i find most of "challenging" to listen to, by dint of me either not liking them or being about as interested in them as i am in wanking over my own faeces.

but then i wouldn't be so wanky-uber-bollocky-ovary-tastic as to describe the music i do listen to, like aphex twin or four tet, as "challenging".

I wasn't doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:36 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
I find listening to Bassy's views "challenging" most of the time tbf.

perhaps it's more "challenged". as in the views of the "challenged".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:37 pm 

perhaps it's more "challenged". as in the views of the "challenged".

Yes, that was implied;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:40 pm 

i'm being a bit slow today. the blood flows thickly and coldly through my veins.

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:

Bands like Snow Patrol, you just get bored of them after a while, and you need to listen to stuff that challenges you a bit more.

implication of this is that the 10 albums (combined sales, 397 units) are "challenging" whereas other music isn't. particularly music with high production values rather than "made in a garage/cellar on a second hand 8 track".

a simple exercise in logic - i don't listen to x because it doesn't challenge me. i do listen to Y, because it challenges me. ergo, Y is challenging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:40 pm 

personally i find most of "challenging" to listen to, by dint of me either not liking them or being about as interested in them as i am in wanking over my own faeces.

Just got hold of the album 'Rounds'... It's really good. I might do some chillaxing to it later. You probably put that CD I sent you into a wheelie bin and set it on fire didn't you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:46 pm 

Actually it's REALLY fucking good.

As Serious as Your Life. Listening again.

I bet you smoke a lot of dope though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:47 pm 

cracking album that. had it on loop in my car the past fortnight, along with the previous/follow ons. my angel rocks back and forth is a nailed on fave

and nope, one's in my computer waiting for me to get my finger out and record it onto minidiscs, t'other is on my desk next to 'puter, giving me with a sense of guilt when i go to play games rather than set it recording, as it glints disappointedly at me.

actually, want the other four tets? pm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 pm 

cracking album that.

nope, one's in my computer waiting for me to get my finger out and record it onto minidiscs, t'other is on my desk next to 'puter, giving me with a sense of guilt when i go to play games rather than set it recording, as it glints disappointedly at me.

actually, want the other four tets? pm...

I'll just take them from my chum(p)s down at 'the bay' this afternoon. Cheers though dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:08 pm 

getting back on thread - Planet Jedward - nuff said - ends all juvenile arguments (big smug head)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:26 pm 

ThunderinScitters wrote:
getting back on thread - Planet Jedward - nuff said - ends all juvenile arguments (big smug head)
I Prefered their early stuff. It had more of an edge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:43 pm 

Do you not think that in comparison to 'Making Dens' about 5 years back this new stuff of theirs is cheesy as fuck? It just sounds like it could have been done by anyone of these x-factor types. It's all polished up, and overproduced, glossy and horrible, nothing like what they originally sounded like.

You said a few months back it's far too poppy, which earns you a....

Cardies are a nice indie pop band, what's wrong with that?

Lol :D
Ftr, I think the Mystery Jets have got better as they've gone on. I love Serotonin, class album imho.

Bastard wrote:
Get fucked Bassman, you cripple c*nt. We've established over and over again that you weren't into "shoegaze an that" when it was first around - you got into it after wetting yourself over the lame modern rip off bands like Pains of Being Pure at Heart. Same as you got into all the other indie bands ages after they became commercial. Give this bullshit a rest - you lost this argument many years ago.

Oh, btw, shit thread. The correct thread is "Top 5 Albums of 2010". Squidge will do it when the time is right and it will shite all over this nonsense.

Rated accordingly.

Aww, shucks :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:49 pm 

Milnerinho wrote:
Actually it's REALLY fucking good.

As Serious as Your Life. Listening again.

I bet you smoke a lot of dope though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 pm 

I first saw Mystery Jets on the NME tour a few years back. I was excited when they came onstage but was bored by them before they played the first chord.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm 

slart wrote:
I first saw Mystery Jets on the NME tour a few years back. I was excited when they came onstage but was bored by them before they played the first chord.

The very notion of the NME is anathema to me. I wish all of you would get in a big NME tent long enough for me to fly a plane into it. Obviously I wouldn't make the mistake of doing it straight away, I'd wait for you to all come out of the tent saying how shit it was and how much better the old tent was before finally going back into the tent in a knowing ironic way. Then I'd throttle down on that bad boy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next