Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:42 pm 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
Hark.

Have you got anything of any importance/relevance to say? if not, take your own advice and stfu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:47 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
Have you got anything of any importance/relevance to say? if not, take your own advice and stfu.

You have never siad anything of importance during the whole sad little existance that you call a life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 pm 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
You have never siad anything of importance during the whole sad little existance that you call a life.

You're a harsh woman. is that it, have you finished waffling on now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:00 pm 

Do you not think that in comparison to 'Making Dens' about 5 years back this new stuff of theirs is cheesy as fuck? It just sounds like it could have been done by anyone of these x-factor types. It's all polished up, and overproduced, glossy and horrible, nothing like what they originally sounded like.

you mean they have the money to spend on production values now?
MrsWeaverToBe wrote:

+
You're a harsh woman. is that it, have you finished waffling on now?

oooooooo

fight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:02 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
you mean they have the money to spend on production values now?

+

oooooooo

fight!

Probably, but have you heard it? It sounds bloody awful. Compare it to their early, honest stuff, the change is remarkable. Bad, not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:07 pm 

Do you not think that in comparison to 'Making Dens' about 5 years back this new stuff of theirs is cheesy as fuck? It just sounds like it could have been done by anyone of these x-factor types. It's all polished up, and overproduced, glossy and horrible, nothing like what they originally sounded like.

Haven't heard their early stuff, I take it by cheesy you mean catchy? I was quite charmed by the popiness of it.
Yes some bands actually evolve over their careers tbf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:10 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
Haven't heard their early stuff, I take it by cheesy you mean catchy? I was quite charmed by the popiness of it.
Yes some bands actually evolve over their careers tbf.

No, polished, over produced, glitzy. At first i thought someone had posted a Cheryl Cole track by mistake, judging by the opening of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:18 pm 

No, polished, over produced, glitzy. At first i thought someone had posted a Cheryl Cole track by mistake, judging by the opening of it.

I find it hard to reconcile your strong views on stuff like this with your professed love of the cardigans, stereophonics, snow patrol etc. We've all seen your best of lists Bassy, it's plain to see you didn't have a clue until buying a Stuart Maconie book around 2006.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:22 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
I find it hard to reconcile your strong views on stuff like this with your professed love of the cardigans, stereophonics, snow patrol etc. We've all seen your best of lists Bassy, it's plain to see you didn't have a clue until buying a Stuart Maconie book around 2006.

I've already stated, quite probably on numerous occasions, that i no longer listen to stuff like that. I have delved back into the kind of stuff i was listening to back from the early 90's era.

Bands like Snow Patrol, you just get bored of them after a while, and you need to listen to stuff that challenges you a bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 pm 

I've already stated, quite probably on numerous occasions, that i no longer listen to stuff like that. I have delved back into the kind of stuff i was listening to back from the early 90's era.

Bands like Snow Patrol, you just get bored of them after a while, and you need to listen to stuff that challenges you a bit more.

The fact you liked them to begin with allows me to scoff at you tbf.
It shows up your questionable tastes.

*scoffs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:31 pm 

lets compare, Mystery Jets circa05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4u4yX19UbQ

and now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wZR1rS3KgU

the second one, is like some kinda eurodisco tripe. Must be suffering from the same kind of lets polish this shit right up and try and get a number one in the album charts, in that kings of Leon kind of way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:36 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
The fact you liked them to begin with allows me to scoff at you tbf.
It shows up your questionable tastes.

*scoffs*

when i was 16/17 i went watching Debbie Harry and A-Ha aswell, but i don't listen to either now. You change. Back in the mid 90's i loved Oasis, but i hate them now, think they're a proper crock o shite. Back in about '99 i used to love bands like Cast and Hurricane#1, but i think both were as boring as hell now, and i couldn't listen to either. In about 05/06 i liked Snow Patrol, but i couldn't listen to them at all now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:46 pm 

when i was 16/17 i went watching Debbie Harry and A-Ha aswell, but i don't listen to either now. You change. Back in the mid 90's i loved Oasis, but i hate them now, think they're a proper crock o shite. Back in about '99 i used to love bands like Cast and Hurricane#1, but i think both were as boring as hell now, and i couldn't listen to either. In about 05/06 i liked Snow Patrol, but i couldn't listen to them at all now.

But Snow Patrol were so commercial, they had been around for years doing "indie" before they sold out. You liked them after they sold out and went commercial, this brings your taste into question. It also makes the majority of opinions you voice here hypocritical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:51 pm 

Bassy, Saint Etienne started out a bit amatuer hour and eventually "polished" their stuff and became better and had a few hits. They even put out an xmas record.
The Cardies also improved and produced some very poppy records and had big hits as well. They mimed Erase/ Rewind at the MTV Europe awards.

Were both these acts of seeling out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:52 pm 

Does anyone really care about all this rubbish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:53 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
But Snow Patrol were so commercial, they had been around for years doing "indie" before they sold out. You liked them after they sold out and went commercial, this brings your taste into question. It also makes the majority of opinions you voice here hypocritical.

Bassy hadn't heard of Snowpatrol before they had their bit breakthrough hit single.

I remember being bored for about 10 minutes by them at early afternoon slots at festivals in Ireland. It was usually time to go for noodles when they appeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:55 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Does anyone really care about all this rubbish?

[SIZE="1"]no[/SIZE]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:59 pm 

slart wrote:
Bassy hadn't heard of Snowpatrol before they had their bit breakthrough hit single.

I remember being bored for about 10 minutes by them at early afternoon slots at festivals in Ireland. It was usually time to go for noodles when they appeared.

Yeah I stumbled on them once and quickly moved on, was killing my high tbh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 pm 

Get fucked Bassman, you cripple c*nt. We've established over and over again that you weren't into "shoegaze an that" when it was first around - you got into it after wetting yourself over the lame modern rip off bands like Pains of Being Pure at Heart. Same as you got into all the other indie bands ages after they became commercial. Give this bullshit a rest - you lost this argument many years ago.

Oh, btw, shit thread. The correct thread is "Top 5 Albums of 2010". Squidge will do it when the time is right and it will shite all over this nonsense.

Rated accordingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:

i'd never heard them until then, my mate bought their album, and i heard it, and for 12 months or so, yeah i liked them, but i really got tired of them after that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next