Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:43 am 

I think I was into the more British end of the punk scene when they first appeared. I do remember them being quite funny at the time though.

A bit like Alice Cooper but with more of a sense of humour and irony?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:15 am 

Cloudy O'Rabia wrote:
I think I was into the more British end of the punk scene when they first appeared. I do remember them being quite funny at the time though.

A bit like Alice Cooper but with more of a sense of humour and irony?

Well, they never took themselves too seriously. They shared the same producer as Alice on one album and even used one of guitarists as a ringer as well.

The one time they tried to make a serious album, the wheels fell off. It was a concept album about the battle between good and evil called Music (From The Elder). They co-wrote it with Lou Reed and it was produced by Bob Ezrin. Nobody bought it. It died on its arse.

Their next album was all about shagging and playing rock 'n roll. It sold millions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 am 

slart wrote:
Well, they never took themselves too seriously. They shared the same producer as Alice on one album and even used one of guitarists as a ringer as well.

The one time they tried to make a serious album, the wheels fell off. It was a concept album about the battle between good and evil called Music (From The Elder). They co-wrote it with Lou Reed and it was produced by Bob Ezrin. Nobody bought it. It died on its arse.

Their next album was all about shagging and playing rock 'n roll. It sold millions.

Although Kiss fans LOVE Music from the Elder. Kiss fans are hardcore, they are radical fanatics, Kiss could fart for 20 minutes in a studio and it'd make top 20. Fanatical.

Can say a lot of things about them but they A) have been around for a LONG time B) have sold so many albums C) are good anthemic songwriters D) put on an amazing live show E) are in their 50's or 60's and still loving life.

Although not my cuppa, they are legends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:38 am 

I went to watch Kiss at Deeside Leisure centre in North Wales in the late seventies. My mates dad worked there and got us VIP tickets. I was stood in a queue for a vending machine behind a quite fit black woman, and being a bit pissed my mate bet me 50p to grope her arse, so of course being 15 at the time and pissed myself and 50p was a lot of money then I promptly grabbed her arse. She turned round called me a "fucking filthy little limey motherfucker" and slapped me very hard in the face. My mate Scotty was pissing himself with laughter as was everybody who witnessed it. I had no idea that it was in fact Diana Ross who just happened to be going out with Gene Simmons at the time.
I was totally mortified, but felt a lot better later after getting a blow job from some female lighting technician after the gig, after swallowing my load she said that she had done it for a bet and had received £20 she then gave me a fiver. One of the top ten moments of my childhood .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:41 am 

johnbie1962 wrote:
I went to watch Kiss at Deeside Leisure centre in North Wales in the late seventies. My mates dad worked there and got us VIP tickets. I was stood in a queue for a vending machine behind a quite fit black woman, and being a bit pissed my mate bet me 50p to grope her arse, so of course being 15 at the time and pissed myself and 50p was a lot of money then I promptly grabbed her arse. She turned round called me a "fucking filthy little limey motherfucker" and slapped me very hard in the face. My mate Scotty was pissing himself with laughter as was everybody who witnessed it. I had no idea that it was in fact Diana Ross who just happened to be going out with Gene Simmons at the time.
I was totally mortified, but felt a lot better later after getting a blow job from some female lighting technician after the gig, after swallowing my load she said that she had done it for a bet and had received £20 she then gave me a fiver. One of the top ten moments of my childhood .

i wish i was you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:43 am 

Paddington Blue wrote:
i wish i was you.

What old, fat, thick and ugly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:49 am 

no. somebody who's had a blowjob and is now validated by the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:54 am 

Paddington Blue wrote:
no. somebody who's had a blowjob and is now validated by the internet.

I know very sad isn't it. I have such a sad existence that all I can do is live it out via the Internet ensuring that the only sexual experience I have ever experienced is shared with total strangers who can laugh at my inadequacies and ridicule me to bolster their own superiority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:55 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Although Kiss fans LOVE Music from the Elder[/I]. Kiss fans are hardcore, they are radical fanatics, Kiss could fart for 20 minutes in a studio and it'd make top 20. Fanatical.

Can say a lot of things about them but they A) have been around for a LONG time B) have sold so many albums C) are good anthemic songwriters D) put on an amazing live show E) are in their 50's or 60's and still loving life.

Although not my cuppa, they are legends.

I have a soft spot for it myself - [I]A World Without Heroes
and The Oath are winners but there is a lot of filler on it. The other they made with Bob Ezrin, Destroyer is their best. Dumb rock music but with choirs, orchestras and lots of fx sound effects. Detroit Rock City, Beth, Shout It Out Loud etc. Still makes up a big chunk of their live set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:57 am 

*wonders if johnbie is in the crosshairs*

You never answered my question from my journal either jonhbie

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:59 am 

johnbie1962 wrote:
I know very sad isn't it. I have such a sad existence that all I can do is live it out via the Internet ensuring that the only sexual experience I have ever experienced is shared with total strangers who can laugh at my inadequacies and ridicule me to bolster their own superiority.

i was being truthful. you've hurt my feeling now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:01 am 

johnbie1962 wrote:

Being paid to sexually assault an icon like Diana Ross and then getting paid to get blown by a rock chick at a Kiss concert in the 70s sounds like the greatest thing ever to happen to a 15 year old.

Are you sure this wasn't just a dream?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:01 am 

slart wrote:
I have a soft spot for it myself - A World Without Heroes and The Oath are winners but there is a lot of filler on it. The other they made with Bob Ezrin, Destroyer is their best. Dumb rock music but with choirs, orchestras and lots of fx sound effects. Detroit Rock City, Beth, Shout It Out Loud etc. Still makes up a big chunk of their live set.

Chooooon, right there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:05 am 

Miggs wrote:
*wonders if johnbie is in the crosshairs*

You never answered my question from my journal either jonhbie

I apolgise profusely Miggsy. No I haven't been able to track my old mate down. I feel that I am nothing but a failure in that regard.

Oh by the way I am always the one who is behind the crosshairs.
Is that a red dot on your heart miggsy??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:10 am 

johnbie1962 wrote:
I apolgise profusely Miggsy. No I haven't been able to track my old mate down. I feel that I am nothing but a failure in that regard.

Oh by the way I am always the one who is behind the crosshairs.
Is that a red dot on your heart miggsy??

Im a blind hindu

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"