Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
why, i've packed the band thing in?

I thought you may play music for the love of it. Why did you play in a band? What motivated you? In the past you spoke about ambitions to get to number 32 in the singles charts. You even spoke of givin up your day job and playing full time. Did you just play to draw attention to yourself? Were you in a band to improve yourself as a musician? Was it to supplement your income? Did you think it would be a good way to pull chicks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:59 am 

it's all shite, everyone knows that.

So, seeing as "everyone knows that" why the fuck do millions of people sit in front of the box and watch it? Who gives a fuck if its "manufactured bollocks", some of it can be good. Your cynicism and narrow-mindedness prevents you from listening to something you could potentially like, because you're afraid you may actually like it.

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:02 am 

Badger wrote:

Concur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:05 am 

it's all shite, everyone knows that.

I'm not having that. Leona Lewis is a good singer. Hope she plays in Dublin on her upcoming tour. Liberty X (the losing members of the first pop idol uk show) made some good records. Kelly Clarkson has made some good records too.

I don't care if the music is "manufactured" or not. Last week I listened to the Shangri-Las on repeat play. They were managed by an evil svengali, had their songs written in the Brill Building and used backing musicians.

They also made some of the finest music you will ever hear and that is all that matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:06 am 

some of it's ok, i'm not a great fan admittedly, but i respect it, unlike the purely manufactured bollox that's aimed at specific markets.

I'm probably a bit the same. Not a big fan but there's no denying some of it is class. I don't know a lot about it but I know enough to respect it.

As for the stuff you hear on mainstream radio, IMO almost all of it is absolute crap. But I will say every now and again there is a track that takes my fancy. Example: Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Outta My Head" from years ago is fucking genius, I don't care what anyone says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:06 am 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
Not neccesarily (sp cant be arsed to spell check) - I love JLS - I think they're ace. And they were on X Factor. Also I think I love Jamie on X Factor. he's not manufactered bollock imho.

Afro? Oh my god. I hate him. He was good on Saturday tbf but what does my head is all the fake emoting. The clenched fist, the eyes closed and all that. Same with that Danyl.

They both sang very well on Saturday night though, which annoyed me because i was saying how bad they were gonna be :mad:

Lucie or Olly ftw. Or maybe Joe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 am 

Squidge wrote:
Afro? Oh my god. I hate him. He was good on Saturday tbf but what does my head is all the fake emoting. The clenched fist, the eyes closed and all that. Same with that Danyl.

They both sang very well on Saturday night though, which annoyed me because i was saying how bad they were gonna be :mad:

Lucie or Olly ftw. Or maybe Joe.

I heart Olly. I love his dancing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:10 am 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
I heart Olly. I love his dancing.

I had Jamie ftw before Saturday, but Olly's rendition of She's the One absolutely blew me away. Superb.
Glad the slags have gone, but how the fuck are the twins still in it?

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 am 

The twins are fucking ace. Olly is a wanker. Am I the only one that can see it? Stacey ftw because she is just utterly hilarious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 am 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
I had Jamie ftw before Saturday, but Olly's rendition of She's the One absolutely blew me away. Superb.
Glad the slags have gone, but how the fuck are the twins still in it?

They'll be in for a while. They'll be the new Chico. They give people something to talk about because every week they will get through and every week people will say "what the fuck?".

I thought Jamie was poor right up until the last song at Simon's house (think he did Oasis?). Don't think he's got a very good voice at all so he relies on all that "come on!" stuff to the audience and fist clenching. Just my opinion of course, but he's not for me.

Ooooo Lloyd. He was brilliant on Saturday doing Cry Me A River. I'd say he and Lucie were my faves.

I love Lucie though :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 am 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
I don't claim to know everything about music, and yet miss out on a whole genre though Bassman. I openly admit my musical knowledge is absolutely gash, but I don't care. What I listen to, I enjoy.

When you claim to be as musically involved or whatever as you do, you really should be listening to a wider variety of music, rather than just the same old cliched bands nobody on here has heard of, in an attempt to make you look cool, when really you just look like a smug twat.

compliments, compliments. Any more for any more. it's far better to be called a smug twat, than be ignored. At least if you're called a smug twat you're hitting a nerve. Give me that anyday.:approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:16 am 

slart wrote:
I thought you may play music for the love of it. Why did you play in a band? What motivated you? In the past you spoke about ambitions to get to number 32 in the singles charts. You even spoke of givin up your day job and playing full time. Did you just play to draw attention to yourself? Were you in a band to improve yourself as a musician? Was it to supplement your income? Did you think it would be a good way to pull chicks?

i wanted to play the kind of music that i wanted to play, but the others didn't want to do that, so i quickly tired of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 am 

compliments, compliments. Any more for any more. it's far better to be called a smug twat, than be ignored. At least if you're called a smug twat you're hitting a nerve. Give me that anyday.:approve:

If you don't want to be ignored you could stand in the street and shout at passing traffic or open your raincoat on the upper deck of a bus.

Seeking attention like this is sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:18 am 

slart wrote:
I'm not having that. Leona Lewis is a good singer. Hope she plays in Dublin on her upcoming tour. Liberty X (the losing members of the first pop idol uk show) made some good records. Kelly Clarkson has made some good records too.

I don't care if the music is "manufactured" or not. Last week I listened to the Shangri-Las on repeat play. They were managed by an evil svengali, had their songs written in the Brill Building and used backing musicians.

They also made some of the finest music you will ever hear and that is all that matters.

it's all shite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:19 am 

Kubrick wrote:
I'm probably a bit the same. Not a big fan but there's no denying some of it is class. I don't know a lot about it but I know enough to respect it.

As for the stuff you hear on mainstream radio, IMO almost all of it is absolute crap. But I will say every now and again there is a track that takes my fancy. Example: Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Outta My Head" from years ago is fucking genius, I don't care what anyone says.

good god, i fucking hate that.:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:33 am 

it's all shite.

Do you like the Shangri-Las? How about The Temptations? Perhaps you like to have a listen to Dusty now and again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:37 am 

slart wrote:
Do you like the Shangri-Las? How about The Temptations? Perhaps you like to have a listen to Dusty now and again.

I like The Ronettes, they were cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:41 am 

I like The Ronettes, they were cool.

They didn't write their own music, they stood in a line and they used a backing band.

Thought this sort of thing was against your principles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am 

slart wrote:
They didn't write their own music, they stood in a line and they used a backing band.

Thought this sort of thing was against your principles.

they were just different.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next