Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:27 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
all that emo shit is exactly that...shit. It's boring, cliched, and has no interest to anyone with any kind of idea of music. It is designed for a certain aged 'young emotional teens'. To everyone else it's shite.

Well clearly if you are such a lover of music, you'd enjoy all forms of it. Further proof you know fuck all about music, or me. Now fucking jog on you daft twat

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:30 am 

Squidge wrote:
You could say the same of a song of a song called "Come Into My Mouth" by some kind of comedy band though, couldn't you?

That will be my last comment on the subject :)

They're no comedy band, they're one of Britains finest garage rock bands, and all female. Did you listen to that Holly Golightly song? It's pure class.

I did listen to that XX, it's not bad. Different sounding, might need another listen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:30 am 

all that emo shit is exactly that...shit. It's boring, cliched, and has no interest to anyone with any kind of idea of music. It is designed for a certain aged 'young emotional teens'. To everyone else it's shite.

Of course you're far too clever to be taken in my music that is targetted to a certain audience.

Tell me Bassy, did you ever take bass playing lessons? How many hours do you practise a day? Do you ever think that all this effort and your lack of musical progress points to a lack of talent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 am 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
Well clearly if you are such a lover of music, you'd enjoy all forms of it. Further proof you know fuck all about music, or me. Now fucking jog on you daft twat

I don't listen to Emo. Like i said it's for angst ridden teens, so i'll move over...and come on down Gibbi, the worlds your lobster...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:33 am 

slart wrote:
Of course you're far too clever to be taken in my music that is targetted to a certain audience.

Tell me Bassy, did you ever take bass playing lessons? How many hours do you practise a day? Do you ever think that all this effort and your lack of musical progress points to a lack of talent?

Nope. Apart from when i first started someone showed me the very basics, after that i just taught myself.

I don't play at all now, not picked up my bass since the band split.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:34 am 

I listen to a bit of emo now and again. I'm not an angst ridden teen. I'm an easy going 40 year old bloke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 am 

slart wrote:
I listen to a bit of emo now and again. I'm not an angst ridden teen. I'm an easy going 40 year old bloke.

it's crap. I wouldn't bother. it's just boring, there's nothing remotely interesting about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:36 am 

I don't listen to Emo. Like i said it's for angst ridden teens, so i'll move over...and come on down Gibbi, the worlds your lobster...

Explain that to Weege. Smj (or possibly Coods) as well. Do you not realise that this is an entire genre of music you're missing out on, and that you're ridiculous suggestion that every emo tune is to slit your wrists to justs makes you sound like a complete no-nothing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWHf_vYZzQ8

Try telling me that this is a depressing song. Go on. Do it. I put every fucking penny I own on you turning it off as soon as you see the band name, yet it is the least "angst-ridden" song ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:39 am 

Explain that to Weege. Smj (or possibly Coods) as well. Do you not realise that this is an entire genre of music you're missing out on, and that you're ridiculous suggestion that every emo tune is to slit your wrists to justs makes you sound like a complete no-nothing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWHf_vYZzQ8

Try telling me that this is a depressing song. Go on. Do it. I put every fucking penny I own on you turning it off as soon as you see the band name, yet it is the least "angst-ridden" song ever.

I don't have to explain anything to anyone. I don't listen to emo for the simple fact that it's shit, and for angsty teens. It's boring, has no redeeming features whatsoever, and if you listen to it, that's an hour of your life that you can't have back.

No thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:41 am 

I don't have to explain anything to anyone. I don't listen to emo for the simple fact that it's shit, and for angsty teens. It's boring, has no redeeming features whatsoever, and if you listen to it, that's an hour of your life that you can't have back.

No thanks.

Such cynicism befits you. You claim to know all this about music, yet you have just proved to us that, actually, you don't know shit. I'm sorry Bassman, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:44 am 

Nope. Apart from when i first started someone showed me the very basics, after that i just taught myself.

I don't play at all now, not picked up my bass since the band fired me.

Perhaps you should have taken lessons. Your band mates should have learned how to play as well.

If you all had done that then maybe 5L(L) wouldn't have been crushed under the weight of your own mediocrity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 am 

Such cynicism befits you. You claim to know all this about music, yet you have just proved to us that, actually, you don't know shit. I'm sorry Bassman, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

I listen to hundreds of fucking bands that you've never even heard of, so i think you really should think about what you're saying, don't you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:46 am 

slart wrote:
Perhaps you should have taken lessons. Your band mates should have learned how to play as well.

If you all had done that then maybe 5L(L) wouldn't have been crushed under the weight of your own mediocrity.

why, i've packed the band thing in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:47 am 

I listen to hundreds of fucking bands that you've never even heard of, so i think you really should think about what you're saying, don't you?

I don't claim to know everything about music, and yet miss out on a whole genre though Bassman. I openly admit my musical knowledge is absolutely gash, but I don't care. What I listen to, I enjoy.

When you claim to be as musically involved or whatever as you do, you really should be listening to a wider variety of music, rather than just the same old cliched bands nobody on here has heard of, in an attempt to make you look cool, when really you just look like a smug twat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 am 

Shock. Bassman gets involved in an agrument on a music thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 am 

I don't claim to know everything about music, and yet miss out on a whole genre though Bassman. I openly admit my musical knowledge is absolutely gash, but I don't care. What I listen to, I enjoy.

When you claim to be as musically involved or whatever as you do, you really should be listening to a wider variety of music, rather than just the same old cliched bands nobody on here has heard of, in an attempt to make you look cool, when really you just look like a smug twat.

look, i'm not going to listen to teenybop x factor shit neither am i? There are elements in music that everyone knows is manufactured bollox, and you give them a bodyswerve.

I listen to stuff i like, but i also listen to stuff i've never heard before, stuff that sometimes i'm not even sure if i like it at first. Why would i want to listen to what's played on Key 103, or XFM...it's just same old, same old, and doesn't really interest me. I want to hear things that you don't hear on those. Things that are interesting, not just the same old bollox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 am 

Sorry to get in the middle of this emo discussion (i'm taking no sides) but Bass, I'm just curious - What do you think of Classical music?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:56 am 

look, i'm not going to listen to teenybop x factor shit neither am i? There are elements in music that everyone knows is manufactured bollox, and you give them a bodyswerve.

I listen to stuff i like, but i also listen to stuff i've never heard before, stuff that sometimes i'm not even sure if i like it at first. Why would i want to listen to what's played on Key 103, or XFM...it's just same old, same old, and doesn't really interest me. I want to hear things that you don't hear on those. Things that are interesting, not just the same old bollox.

Not neccesarily (sp cant be arsed to spell check) - I love JLS - I think they're ace. And they were on X Factor. Also I think I love Jamie on X Factor. he's not manufactered bollock imho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:56 am 

Kubrick wrote:
Sorry to get in the middle of this emo discussion (i'm taking no sides) but Bass, I'm just curious - What do you think of Classical music?

some of it's ok, i'm not a great fan admittedly, but i respect it, unlike the purely manufactured bollox that's aimed at specific markets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:57 am 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
Not neccesarily (sp cant be arsed to spell check) - I love JLS - I think they're ace. And they were on X Factor. Also I think I love Jamie on X Factor. he's not manufactered bollock imho.

it's all shite, everyone knows that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next